Goalies

timeforsoccer

Steven Matlock is the younger keeper at Farragut. He is splitting time with Jon Beaver as of now. I think the starting spot is up in the air

I thought one had better foot skills than the other (but maybe that was just in our scrimmage). Were those the two that played against us?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for cak- luke bonawitz

and derosa is not that good of a keeper. i mean i think a monkey or maybe even a fish could do a better job than him. but seriously joey is one of the best small keepers in tennessee. there might be some better keepers than him but they also could be 6 inches to a foot taller than him. i have seen joey make some pretty impressive saves over the many years i have played with him at catholic and against him in club.

beaver is also good. he has improved incredibly since the first time i played with him in club when we were 11. actually back then he was a midfielder. he has improved immensely with his footwork and his poise. he used to get down on himself when he would allow a goal and now he just moves on. thats what you have to do to be a good keeper is forget the bad things and just move on

I thought one had better foot skills than the other (but maybe that was just in our scrimmage). Were those the two that played against us?

If I remember correctly, Steven played the first half and Jon and our third keeper split the second half. I hope that helps you..haha my memory is already failing me and Im only 18, im not looking forward to the future

Steven is an amazing keeper, he'll be making a name for himself this year.

THE GAME TURNED OUT 0-0. LENOIR CITY PLAYED DOWN TO THE COMPITION AND LOUDON HAD A GOOD GAME PLAN AND STUCK TO IT. DONT THINK IT WAS A GOOD GAME FOR LENOIR CITY THEY SHOULD BE MUCH BETTER THIS YEAR HOWEVER AS A FORMER COACH IN THIS SERIES I THINK THIS MAY BE ONE OF THE BEST LOUDON TEAMS I HAVE SEEN.

LANDON MONDAY AND ISRAEL GONZALES ARE THE TWO SOPH KEEPERS FOR LC AND I CANT TELL YOU WHICH ONE IS BETTER THEY ARE BOTH AWSOME AND COACH HARRIS WILL HAVE A HARD TIME CHOOSING ONE. LANDON CAN ALSO PLAY IN THE FIELD AND MAY DO SO BEFORE ITS OVER, HIS OLDER BROTHER WAS A BIG PART OF THE 2003 TEAM THAT WENT TO STATE.

[another good goalie is the one on l.c he has alot of talent. he played well last night against loudon.

is was a very good game. the ball in the first half was in loudon.l.c didnt play all that good.they were only sending long balls to there fwds enzo and acouple others. loudon was playing well the second half. but both teams couldnt finish the plays. it ended up o-o...

Who is the goalie for CAK and Webb this year???

The Webb goalie is Zach Crownover. He can be good at times, but he was fumbling the ball a bunch yesterday at Coffee County in a 2-2 draw with the Raiders. Jared Batte` of Coffee County didn't really struggle too much in the gmae, both the first goal against only happened b/c the sweeper slipped when he tried to turn and kick the ball. The second was a PK on a bad call.

CAK's keeper is a senior, Luke Bonewitz. He is an excellent goalie, who had the "unfortunate" position of being behind 2 all state goal keepers of Drew Gorman and Brent Davidson for the past few years. Luke has great technical skill, but just lacked game experience (it is hard enough to play 2 goal keepers in a season, let alone 3 with our schedule). He got a lot of time on JV last year (he played on both squads so he could at least get some game time) but he is diving in head first this season! He has done very well so far, and had some great saves against Maryville and Farragut. He also was unanimously selected as one of our captains this year, which says a lot about his character.

He is also attending West Point next year and is one of the finest young men you will ever meet. He can also rip a phone book in half with his bare hands. No joke. I have seen him do it. It is quite impressive.