TCA-Huntingdon

spojo20

First game of the season was a pitcher's duel between Ivy Renfroe and Brooke Thomas. Renfroe had 19 strikeouts in 8 innings to take the win, 1-0.

p.s. Brooke Thomas is gonna do great things for Huntingdon this year.

I agree. I am just an avid sports fan from Carroll Co. I was at the game last night. TCA has an extraordinary team. Which is why you all have a couple of state champ. in the last couple of years. I really think Thomas is very good. From what I understand she can play other positions as well, but never gets to showcase that due to pitching. Huntingdon is still very young from what I understand. I am excited for a Carroll County team to be as good as I think they will be. As an experienced state tourny team fan, does Huntingdon have what it takes to make any noise at state? Just wondering your thoughts? Goodluck TCA I am now a fan of you all. Great players, and support. Top notch program. Which is what I believe the coaches at Huntingdon are working to get too. Goodluck!

I really think Huntingdon has what it takes to make some noise this year. They have excellent pitching and the players behind her can make the plays. Huntingdon has played TCA tough the last three outings with two of them going extra innings. TCA has had the pleasure of excellent pitching, great defense, and strong bats the last few years. I believe once they get everyone back and healthy their hitting will come around as well. Good luck to Huntingdon this weekend in Hendersonville; it would be great to see both teams do well. It's a great move by their coaches to put them in this tournament!

I really think Huntingdon has what it takes to make some noise this year. They have excellent pitching and the players behind her can make the plays. Huntingdon has played TCA tough the last three outings with two of them going extra innings. TCA has had the pleasure of excellent pitching, great defense, and strong bats the last few years. I believe once they get everyone back and healthy their hitting will come around as well. Good luck to Huntingdon this weekend in Hendersonville; it would be great to see both teams do well. It's a great move by their coaches to put them in this tournament!

Thanks for replying. I am guessing you are TCa fan. Once again another great show of a wonderful program. I dont much of softball. I just really enjoyed the game last night. I had heard the hype about TCa and Huntingdon supposively two good games the year before. Knowing Carroll Co. as a football driven area, its nice to see other sports getting some hype. I do believe the Huntingdon Coach is also a football coach there. But from what I understand that he is trying to get things going in the right direction. Onca again cant say enough about the TCA program. Thanks for the reply/ goodluck this weekend.

U take Thomas away from huntingdon and their just another average team, thats why they have trouble in state tours.

I dont know alot, but i think with any team if you take there best pitcher away it makes them average. So I am not sure what you are saying or why you would make such a comment. I am guessing if Tca didnt have there pitcher they wouldnt be as good either. Anyway, this was just a discussion I was having with a quality person and program. Wasnt saying anything about Huntingdon being any different than any other team..I do know this. They went undefeated in district play which must mean either the region is very weak or something. Once again, I didnt mean to state anything, and I still think Huntingdon has a good club behind them Thomas.

Delta, I wouldn't let that comment bother you. Pitching is an extremely important part to softball. You could be the best team in the world, but if your pitcher can't get it across the plate, then you're going to lose. Thomas has put in the work to be a great pitcher and her effort is paying off.

Delta, I wouldn't let that comment bother you. Pitching is an extremely important part to softball. You could be the best team in the world, but if your pitcher can't get it across the plate, then you're going to lose. Thomas has put in the work to be a great pitcher and her effort is paying off.

That is probably why you spell it TEAM

• 2 weeks later...

Well I hear there was another big time matchup between Huntingdon and TCA again this past weekend. My friend from Jackson tells me, that it was really the best game at the tournament, but that is was a round or two early. Congrats again to TCA for winning the Tourny. That is a wonderful thing they have going on for the Sarah Beth. Nice to know people still have feelings. i do believe Huntingdon has 3 seniors instead of 1, but Thomas and company are juniors, and I did hear they had two up and coming freshman. One of them being a shortstop. Is it the same girl whom played against TCA the first time at Huntingdon, I was not as impressed, but I do realize people have bad games. Maybe those were just freshman mistakes. Goodluck the rest of the way to bioth teams!

Well I hear there was another big time matchup between Huntingdon and TCA again this past weekend. My friend from Jackson tells me, that it was really the best game at the tournament, but that is was a round or two early. Congrats again to TCA for winning the Tourny. That is a wonderful thing they have going on for the Sarah Beth. Nice to know people still have feelings. i do believe Huntingdon has 3 seniors instead of 1, but Thomas and company are juniors, and I did hear they had two up and coming freshman. One of them being a shortstop. Is it the same girl whom played against TCA the first time at Huntingdon, I was not as impressed, but I do realize people have bad games. Maybe those were just freshman mistakes. Goodluck the rest of the way to bioth teams!

YES HUNTINGDON DOES HAVE THREE SENIORS AND THEY DO HAVE 5 VERY TALENTED FRESHMAN PLAYERS THAT ARE SEEING ALOT OF PLAYING TIME....THE SHORTSTOP THAT PLAYED IN THE FIRST MEETING WITH TCA HAS SINCE QUIT THE TEAM, THE GIRL PLAYING THERE NOW IS A FRESHMAN....THE GAME PLAYED LAST WEEKEND WAS THE BEST GAME OF THE TOURNY AND I BELIEVE IF ONE OF THESE TEAMS HAD BEEN ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BRACKET THEY MAY HAVE MET FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP.....GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS THE REST OF THE SEASON

YES HUNTINGDON DOES HAVE THREE SENIORS AND THEY DO HAVE 5 VERY TALENTED FRESHMAN PLAYERS THAT ARE SEEING ALOT OF PLAYING TIME....THE SHORTSTOP THAT PLAYED IN THE FIRST MEETING WITH TCA HAS SINCE QUIT THE TEAM, THE GIRL PLAYING THERE NOW IS A FRESHMAN....THE GAME PLAYED LAST WEEKEND WAS THE BEST GAME OF THE TOURNY AND I BELIEVE IF ONE OF THESE TEAMS HAD BEEN ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BRACKET THEY MAY HAVE MET FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP.....GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS THE REST OF THE SEASON

HUNTINGDON HAD THE LEAD 1-0 GOING INTO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEVENTH BUT TCA HAD THREE GREAT HITS TO WIN 2-1