Dickson County

JimmyBuffett

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very well coached team but is in the same district with Rossview. Rossview has won it for the past several years but they have a habit of not playing a very tough non-district games and this could come back and hurt them during tourney time....Dickson County had a player to move to Creek Wood and it has made Creek Wood better (pitcher) but hasnt helped the Cougars. But time will tell if they can beat the Hawks from Clarksvagas! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

They have coaches that are very negative and demeaning and that is why most of the softball players quit. Supposedly, This is also why they lost one of their players from last year. But thats a whole other story. TSSAA has allowed a sophmore that was a starting varsity freshman for Dickson last year transfer to Creekwood and wouldnt you know she started tonight at third base for Creekwood. The player still lives with her mother and has not stayed any with the "shared" custodian that was named to be the reason she was transfering. I think it is ridiculous that we cant keep this type of thing happening, and why rules cant truly be enforced. The bad thing is that this player played basketball and softball for Varsity at Dickson and has also played both those sports for Creekwood Varsity. Its a shame that a school would think more of one player than they do of their entire athletic program. Its a disgrace! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Played Dickson County last year and never saw anything negative, the coaches have been there a long time and have the respect of most high school coaches. I am sure that Shane would have complained more if it wasn't a real move. I wouldn't want a girl on my team if she didn't want to play for us anyway......but yes I do understand if you think that you got messed over by Creek Wood. But Creek Wood is the up and coming program in your county plus one of the best young female coach in the mid state. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I would agree on the field you would think the way that you do. But you need to take some time and do some research and talk to some softball alumni that have played under this coaching staff for the "behind the scenes" actions. I am sure you will be suprised, but equally suprising is that the response will be the same from all of the alumni. Dickson HS is not responsible for the eligibility of any athletes other than those who represent Dickson HS. It is each individual schools responsibilty for only their current players or to reseach in coming transfers.

Oh Mr Noitall, I just saw on coacht that Dickson plays Rossview tomorrow so we may know their fate sooner than later. I may have to ditch my previous plans to see this match up. If I end up missing it I know you will be able to report the details. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Oh Mr Noitall, I just saw on coacht that Dickson plays Rossview tomorrow so we may know their fate sooner than later. I may have to ditch my previous plans to see this match up. If I end up missing it I know you will be able to report the details. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I am sorry but I did not get to go to this game I was caught up in another BUT the word on the street is that Dickson is looking very ahead in playing Rossview again! The Hawks were out hit by the Ladies from Dickson and by all reports this MAY BE the year that Dickson takes the crown away from Rossview. So many times Rossview has a big winning record but one wonders if they really play a lot of good teams as Dickson will play this year! These two teams are the best in their district but one has to wonder what will happen when they have to play Beech or MJ. Rossview did not play in the Hendersonville Tournament this year so again who do they play? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

• 2 years later...

Softballjunk, are you still out there? Dickson is doing great! You are right about rules not being enforced. Did you or anyone else ever contact the TSSAA? I heard they did but that their "so called" investigation consisted of only speaking to the accused themselves. If this is true, then the TSSAA is pathetic. Hey, TSSAA, do your JOB! By the way, the player you are talking about wasn't the only one that had played for another team the year before coming there. :thumb:

Softballjunk, I would have to disagree with you when you say it was not the responsibility of DC in some way. How would they feel if teams in their district were breaking the rules and nobody seemed to care about how it affected them? When is it ever "okay" to stand by and watch something going on that you know is not right? Answer: NEVER :o

Softballjunk, I would have to disagree with you when you say it was not the responsibility of DC in some way. How would they feel if teams in their district were breaking the rules and nobody seemed to care about how it affected them? When is it ever "okay" to stand by and watch something going on that you know is not right? Answer: NEVER :o

boy u sure do have a problem maybe u need to get out and watch a game :o