Ken Bingham

LetMeHearYA

Bingham is playing for JUCO power Three Rivers CC in Poplar Bluff, Missouri. They started ranked preseason #3 but finished #19 in the last poll due to a few late season losses. They beat Highland, IL last night 82-67 to make the 16 team NJCAA National tournament in Kansas that starts on March 18th. Ken has started 30 of their 33 games and he is considered their best defender. He averages 10.6 points, 37.2% 3PT%, 4.58 rebounds, 2 assists, and 1.3 steals per game for a deep Three Rivers team.

The last I heard, he was getting looks from some Mid-majors, some SEC schools, and Maryland was still interested in him. I thought some people from West TN especially District 12-AA fans would like to know how well he is playing.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bingham is playing for JUCO power Three Rivers CC in Poplar Bluff, Missouri. They started ranked preseason #3 but finished #19 in the last poll due to a few late season losses. They beat Highland, IL last night 82-67 to make the 16 team NJCAA National tournament in Kansas that starts on March 18th. Ken has started 30 of their 33 games and he is considered their best defender. He averages 10.6 points, 37.2% 3PT%, 4.58 rebounds, 2 assists, and 1.3 steals per game for a deep Three Rivers team.

The last I heard, he was getting looks from some Mid-majors, some SEC schools, and Maryland was still interested in him. I thought some people from West TN especially District 12-AA fans would like to know how well he is playing.

Thanks...I know all about Ken Bingham (a big time talent) and have made several references in the past. I watched him play all throughout high school.

• 2 weeks later...

Ken and Three Rivers have advanced to the Final Four. They play Salt Lake CC at 6PM Friday. They opened up with a 83-70 win over Eastern Wyoming on tuesday. Ken had 2 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assists, and 2 steals in 27 minutes.

Last night, they beat Eastern Arizona 75-73. They trailed by as many as 17 and by double-digits in the 2nd half. Ken hit a four point play with 6:30 left in the 2nd half to give them their 1st lead of the game. They trailed 69-67 with 1:39 left and Ken went to the FT line. He made one of two, on their next trip down he hit a three, then he stole the inbound pass and laid it in for a 73-69 lead and they held on for the win. Ken finished with 19 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assists, and he had a couple of steals in 27 minutes.

Here is an article in the Kansas newspaper about how Ken made up for his missed FT.

http://www.hutchnews.com/Sports/threeriver...-03-19T23-00-04

Ken and Three Rivers have advanced to the Final Four. They play Salt Lake CC at 6PM Friday. They opened up with a 83-70 win over Eastern Wyoming on tuesday. Ken had 2 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assists, and 2 steals in 27 minutes.

Last night, they beat Eastern Arizona 75-73. They trailed by as many as 17 and by double-digits in the 2nd half. Ken hit a four point play with 6:30 left in the 2nd half to give them their 1st lead of the game. They trailed 69-67 with 1:39 left and Ken went to the FT line. He made one of two, on their next trip down he hit a three, then he stole the inbound pass and laid it in for a 73-69 lead and they held on for the win. Ken finished with 19 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assists, and he had a couple of steals in 27 minutes.

Here is an article in the Kansas newspaper about how Ken made up for his missed FT.

http://www.hutchnews.com/Sports/threeriver...-03-19T23-00-04

Thanks.....Is Maryland still showing the same interest as when he was a senior in highschool. Bingham was kinda under the radar with Kemp, Chism, Varnado, the Delk twins, and all the Liberty players. He played against all those guys in AAU and highschool. Big time talent and fun to watch. Keep us updated if you hear anything in regards to where he might end up. Again Thanks.

I have no inside information but this is what I have heard. A few months ago, I heard Maryland was still recruiting him along with some SEC schools and some mid-majors. Today, on the JUCO Region 16 board (the Region Three Rivers plays in), one of their fans posted than Ken was still being looked at by Maryland. Since he is playing at the National tournament, I think he can really improve his stock.

I heard he done real good in AAU and I saw some articles that mentioned him when they talked about his AAU team Mid-State Ballerz on Rivals and Scout. I thought with him playing against all that talent in high school, that he would have had some looks. But, I figured the college coaches waited for Bolivar or Liberty to play someome better than McNairy. I know a couple of times, that Ken shut Willie down. I hope he gets to go to a big school because he is a good player but more important a very good person.

I have no inside information but this is what I have heard. A few months ago, I heard Maryland was still recruiting him along with some SEC schools and some mid-majors. Today, on the JUCO Region 16 board (the Region Three Rivers plays in), one of their fans posted than Ken was still being looked at by Maryland. Since he is playing at the National tournament, I think he can really improve his stock.

I heard he done real good in AAU and I saw some articles that mentioned him when they talked about his AAU team Mid-State Ballerz on Rivals and Scout. I thought with him playing against all that talent in high school, that he would have had some looks. But, I figured the college coaches waited for Bolivar or Liberty to play someome better than McNairy. I know a couple of times, that Ken shut Willie down. I hope he gets to go to a big school because he is a good player but more important a very good person.

What about his brother Jermael.... I think he can play NAIA or at least JUCO. He is a senior, I think.

I think McNairy has about four seniors who can play at the next level. Jermael, Logan Chappell, Zeke Childress, and Nathan Forsythe. I have not heard anything of where they could go. The biggest problem Jermael will face, is his height. He's a good player but he's not tall enough to play inside and he don't shoot the outside shot well to play guard. I really think he would make a great football player. He played this past year and it was the only year he played and he was a great player. The one player I would look for is Logan. He really improved his game this year from last year.

I think McNairy has about four seniors who can play at the next level. Jermael, Logan Chappell, Zeke Childress, and Nathan Forsythe. I have not heard anything of where they could go. The biggest problem Jermael will face, is his height. He's a good player but he's not tall enough to play inside and he don't shoot the outside shot well to play guard. I really think he would make a great football player. He played this past year and it was the only year he played and he was a great player. The one player I would look for is Logan. He really improved his game this year from last year.

I thought maybe NAIA because of his height as well. Didn't Logan Chappell lead them in scoring this yeay. My biggest question about Forsythe is does he have enough speed and quickness?

Yes, Logan lead the team in scoring. I think he could go to a JUCO then maybe a small to mid D1 school. I think Nathan has the speed and quickness to play. I think he is the type to run the offense and not expect alot of scoring from. But, he is pretty decent from 3 and he can finish when he gets inside. I did hear Zeke might go to Union and try and walk on but don't know if that is true. He really improved his game this year. He has always played the post. But, he handles the ball well, he's pretty quick, and he was shooting the outside shot well in warm-ups but he hardly ever shot it in a game.

Congrats to Ken Bingham and Three Rivers!! Finished 4th at Juco Nationals!! Teammate w the Midstate Ballerz, 6'6 F Jeff McClain (Fulton Co, KY) also starts for Three Rivers and had a great tourney!! Former Ballerz G Freeman Pinkney (Kenwood HS) also played well at Hutch (Juco National tournament) for Walters State... And a great showing by rival Itawamba (MS) CC, going 1-2, with just an overtime loss to Indian Hills in the first round and loss to power Chipola as blemishes at Hutch... MAJCA represented well!!

Congrats to Ken Bingham and Three Rivers!! Finished 4th at Juco Nationals!! Teammate w the Midstate Ballerz, 6'6 F Jeff McClain (Fulton Co, KY) also starts for Three Rivers and had a great tourney!! Former Ballerz G Freeman Pinkney (Kenwood HS) also played well at Hutch (Juco National tournament) for Walters State... And a great showing by rival Itawamba (MS) CC, going 1-2, with just an overtime loss to Indian Hills in the first round and loss to power Chipola as blemishes at Hutch... MAJCA represented well!!

Gomab2...where might Bingham and Tyree Evans play next yr?