Union City vs Moore County

Icy

I have to tell the rest of the state that I have seen first hand 5 times what Union City can do. They are the real deal. The game tomorrow between UC and Manassas will be a great game. I am rooting for Union City to bring the Gold Ball back to 14A. They are like the energizer bunny-- they keep going. Their pressure is UNBELIEVABLE. Shane has done a great job with this team. I would love to see the game because The Murphy Center will be rocking for this matchup. Go UC and good luck boys.

Thanks for the kind words. They mean alot. I really do not understand folks....people on here saying"14A and the State are for Manasses and things like that.

I think most really do not like the fact that little ole Union City has a chance to do what not many teams have ever done, not only at Union city but in the entire state and country.

We want the GOLD Ball, but would be just a little sweeter for the guys to go undefeated the entire year.

And from what I have been told by those who have seen Manasses play, Union City has two things up on them already........Team Play and Coaches. Manasses has neither and could really make the difference come Saturday.

Go Union City and Bring back Home Gold Ball # 5!!!!!!!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone....let me say most everyone who is not from Union City gets on here and slams at Union City. yes, we do a little trash talkin but our main speaches come on the court. Most of the time we can back up what we say.

Go Union city!!!!!

We? Are you on the team? If not your trash talk is petty and low rent.

It's high school athletics, don't get so worked up over it.

both teams played good today. the refs just called stupid calls. we are very proud of our raiders and i am so glad i got to experience state with them. they are a great team and all wonderful guys. it was wonderful getting to watch yall in action today. the best of luck in the future. We love our RAIDERS!

I do not believe the "refs" can do anything about Union City smokin the 3's against your Baby Blue Raiders. They can stand there and watch just like your fans did though.

Good luck next because this is "OUR / Union City's Year"

And yes, I am a former player so I can say "us"...."we"....and you name it.

well congrats to union city...but first of all no one got shut down...you gave up 86 points....you didnt out run anyone ..didnt out coach anyone...you out shot the boys in blue and thats what won you the game and thats all it takes...wasnt that impressed with the defense or the team speed but the shooting..yeah i was impressed today...good luck the rest of the way and hats off to you moore county...great season...

well congrats to union city...but first of all no one got shut down...you gave up 86 points....you didnt out run anyone ..didnt out coach anyone...you out shot the boys in blue and thats what won you the game and thats all it takes...wasnt that impressed with the defense or the team speed but the shooting..yeah i was impressed today...good luck the rest of the way and hats off to you moore county...great season...

I will say, we only caused 18 turnovers for the Raiders and we had 12 ourselves.

Union City in the 1st quarter 29 to 15.

Now, we knew we had the game in hand and our coach really let the kids have it by "giving" Moore Co. open lanes and not playing Union city defense. Moore County outscored Union City in the 4th 30 to 17. the only bright spot for the Raiders.

Good luck next year.

at least 8 out of 10 games, union city would win against Moore county....hands down.

I will say, we only caused 18 turnovers for the Raiders and we had 12 ourselves.

Union City in the 1st quarter 29 to 15.

Now, we knew we had the game in hand and our coach really let the kids have it by "giving" Moore Co. open lanes and not playing Union city defense. Moore County outscored Union City in the 4th 30 to 17. the only bright spot for the Raiders.

Good luck next year.

at least 8 out of 10 games, union city would win against Moore county....hands down.

More like 10 out of 10. UC will always find a way to win against a less talented team. Ask Temple. They had the best chance to beat the undefeated UC all year and still couldn't do it. UC pretty much left the game up to temple and they couldn't handle the challenge. UC gave temple a present in which they couldn't capatlize. I bet the other teams in UC's last 30 plus games wish they had the opportunity temple had. This was the average game for UC against moore county and it is what is it. Moore county scored so much cause uc gave the ball back so fast after all those 101 points worth of baskets. If UC plays their average game saturday they will win. If it's above average it will be a blow out.

More like 10 out of 10. UC will always find a way to win against a less talented team. Ask Temple. They had the best chance to beat the undefeated UC all year and still couldn't do it. UC pretty much left the game up to temple and they couldn't handle the challenge. UC gave temple a present in which they couldn't capatlize. I bet the other teams in UC's last 30 plus games wish they had the opportunity temple had. This was the average game for UC against moore county and it is what is it. Moore county scored so much cause uc gave the ball back so fast after all those 101 points worth of baskets. If UC plays their average game saturday they will win. If it's above average it will be a blow out.

I hope that is the attitude they have so they can go home just like Dyer Co. did. It is a far fall from grace when you run your mouth all the time. What UC has done is astounding this season but if they don't win tomorrow it will be all for not, just like the Patriots in football. Manassas has the athletes to compete all day with UC. UC will not outwork Manassas. It will come down to turnovers and foul trouble to whom wins this game. People wonder why everyone on here bashes UC, well the reason is because of fans like you and ucdiditagain, who just assumed I was from Moore Co. after I posted something. Well he was wrong, I have nothing to do with either program. UCdiditagain, if you are any representation of UC then they are a classless bunch, but I am going to make you out to be the village idiot and not judge the entire fanbase.

Everyone....let me say most everyone who is not from Union City gets on here and slams at Union City. yes, we do a little trash talkin but our main speaches come on the court. Most of the time we can back up what we say.

Go Union city!!!!!

No one from Moore County has gotten on here and slammed UC. So don't be talkin trash cause ya'll won. Ya'll played a better game than we did and beat us congratulations. But have the decency to not talk trash about a team that deserves nothing but respect for what they have done and how they never gave up.