Knox Halls

coachtinsider

Don Ward did a great job with the offense for the past 3 years. A good coach and even better man. Does anyone know if it is health related? I remember back a few years ago he had some type of health problem. I certainly hope it is just wanted to sit back and enjoy life and not something that is serious.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to see anyone leave especially someone who has seem to impact the program as Coach Ward did. Based on the posts on here he will be missed. I know as a fan the offense has looked light years better since Coach J hired him when he took over. Has anyone else left and any news on possible candidates for the OC job? I know there were posts on here talking of coaches applying for other jobs. Also, will there be someone named before the start of spring ball?

Hate to see anyone leave especially someone who has seem to impact the program as Coach Ward did. Based on the posts on here he will be missed. I know as a fan the offense has looked light years better since Coach J hired him when he took over. Has anyone else left and any news on possible candidates for the OC job? I know there were posts on here talking of coaches applying for other jobs. Also, will there be someone named before the start of spring ball?

To my knowledge, Coach Ward is not ill. He is choosing to hang it up.

It is also my understanding that the number 2 guy on offense was Coach Williams. I assume he will take over the offense. If this happens, he will probably be the QB coach as well. Someone will have to take over at RB. Either way, I suspect Coach J. will keep a close eye on the offense and the overall scheme will remain the same. It will be interesting to see if it gets tweaked any.

Back to the topic of the Red Devils, Offensive Coordinator, Coach Ward, retired. How do you think this affects the Halls offense?

Not at all. They will continue to do what they do best. Wing T.

Looking at the Region it appears that Halls will have a chance to compete for the top spot. Maryville will not be as good but that is relative considering they are so much better than most.

Central has some issues. rumor around Ftn. City is they may have some significant contributors unhappy and looking to move. The past couple of freshman classes have been average at best. Central will have some good athletes but not enough. Coaching staff will have to be at their best if they are going to make the play-offs. McMillian will have a stellar defense but will the Cats be able to score.

Powell will be Powell. Not great but competitive and hard nosed. Coach Lowe will get the most out of the talent available. I look for them to be in the top 4.

Clinton had some really good players. The Q.B. was especially talented. Depth could be an issue. If they can avoid significant injuries look for them to be in the hunt for a play off spot.

S.D. much improved over the past few years. I am not real familiar with their talent but I did watch them beat my Bobcats last year. Even though Central experienced a down year S.D. has never come close to beating the Cats. With that being said I look for the Kee's to be competitive at least.

West lost alot. If certain people move to West they could be near the top. With what they have back outside chance at the play offs.

L.C. along way from being able to compete in this Region. New Coach will bring some renewed interest but not enough for them to be in the hunt for a play off spot.

I predict.

1 Maryville Look for them to get at least one significant transfer.

2. Halls They want be flashy but they will win a lot of games by being sound in the fundamentals. If they can slip up on Maryville during week 1 they could make a run for the top spot.

3. Clinton: They have some very talented players. Avoiding key injuries is the key.

4. Powell: Well coached solid players.

5. S.D. Close but know cigar. Could slip in the play offs if others have some key injuries.

6. West Will have some good athletes. If they get the transfer that are rumored they could go as high as 2.

7. Central is going through the down cycle they go through about every 10 years. Just don't have the talent they in the early to mid 2000's. Since certain Coaches left the program their talent level has been going down.

8. L.C. Just not in the same league as the rest of the region.

3-7 is very close and could certainly be flipped. Regardless this could be one of the most interesting years in the Region in a long time. Anyone can beat anyone on any given Friday night.

Not at all. They will continue to do what they do best. Wing T.

Looking at the Region it appears that Halls will have a chance to compete for the top spot. Maryville will not be as good but that is relative considering they are so much better than most.

Central has some issues. rumor around Ftn. City is they may have some significant contributors unhappy and looking to move. The past couple of freshman classes have been average at best. Central will have some good athletes but not enough. Coaching staff will have to be at their best if they are going to make the play-offs. McMillian will have a stellar defense but will the Cats be able to score.

Powell will be Powell. Not great but competitive and hard nosed. Coach Lowe will get the most out of the talent available. I look for them to be in the top 4.

Clinton had some really good players. The Q.B. was especially talented. Depth could be an issue. If they can avoid significant injuries look for them to be in the hunt for a play off spot.

S.D. much improved over the past few years. I am not real familiar with their talent but I did watch them beat my Bobcats last year. Even though Central experienced a down year S.D. has never come close to beating the Cats. With that being said I look for the Kee's to be competitive at least.

West lost alot. If certain people move to West they could be near the top. With what they have back outside chance at the play offs.

L.C. along way from being able to compete in this Region. New Coach will bring some renewed interest but not enough for them to be in the hunt for a play off spot.

I predict.

1 Maryville Look for them to get at least one significant transfer.

2. Halls They want be flashy but they will win a lot of games by being sound in the fundamentals. If they can slip up on Maryville during week 1 they could make a run for the top spot.

3. Clinton: They have some very talented players. Avoiding key injuries is the key.

4. Powell: Well coached solid players.

5. S.D. Close but know cigar. Could slip in the play offs if others have some key injuries.

6. West Will have some good athletes. If they get the transfer that are rumored they could go as high as 2.

7. Central is going through the down cycle they go through about every 10 years. Just don't have the talent they in the early to mid 2000's. Since certain Coaches left the program their talent level has been going down.

8. L.C. Just not in the same league as the rest of the region.

3-7 is very close and could certainly be flipped. Regardless this could be one of the most interesting years in the Region in a long time. Anyone can beat anyone on any given Friday night.

Which contributors are unhappy at Central? What rumors?

Halls has averaged close to four TD's per game the last three years, so I doubt Coach Julian will allow much change in the overall scheme.

To answer the bobcats question, the only rumors (and I stress RUMORS) that I've heard are that Wilson and Styles are unhappy with the present conditions and are looking to transfere to Fulton or AE. Again, there is no confirmation to this at all and I'm just answering the question about the rumor mill.

Which contributors are unhappy at Central? What rumors?

Because they are rumors I don't want to mention any specific names. You know how rumors are, sometimes they are based in fact and sometimes not. So I don't feel it isn't appropriate to give any details at this time.

Anyway lets not hijack this thread. It is a Halls thread. I was simply giving my take as whole and how Halls would fair in the region next year as well as the other teams. It appears the Halls folks are excited about the prospects for the 2008 season.