Darian Brown resigns at LHS

Eddie

Surely the Principali s not in over his head too. Need some leadership. Even Gallatin now has hired an asst coach from Stone. The lady has some experience and Stone had a pretty good team. Played at Clarkrange some time ago. Surely this is not a money issue again in Lebanon. Surely the town saw the crowds there in volleyball and basketball and saw the economic impact. Those who attended from schools outside of Lebanon saw full houses with two great coaches coaching great players. Yes you lost the coaches but the interest is still there. All of this is what is at stake. Someone does not realize that even though VB cannot start practicing still July, off season work can still be held to hold attention. Is the asst coach in VB dong any off season work or is that taboo? How are the seats going to be filled and the players energized?

No news yet?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely the Principali s not in over his head too. Need some leadership. Even Gallatin now has hired an asst coach from Stone. The lady has some experience and Stone had a pretty good team. Played at Clarkrange some time ago. Surely this is not a money issue again in Lebanon. Surely the town saw the crowds there in volleyball and basketball and saw the economic impact. Those who attended from schools outside of Lebanon saw full houses with two great coaches coaching great players. Yes you lost the coaches but the interest is still there. All of this is what is at stake. Someone does not realize that even though VB cannot start practicing still July, off season work can still be held to hold attention. Is the asst coach in VB dong any off season work or is that taboo? How are the seats going to be filled and the players energized?

You have to be kidding about the full houses and economic impact. There were not full houses for Lebanon Devilette basketball games, even the District 7-AAA Championship game. Lebanon had a decent crowd, but Riverdale had hardly anyone there and they were the defending State Champions. Regular season games did not draw good crowds and the biggest portion would arrive for the boys games. I know because I attended nearly every Lebanon home game. Even at Wilson Central, where the girls have won 2 of the last 3 AAA State Championships, the girls are normally outdrawn by the boys team. The only exception is when WC plays Mt. Juliet, which is also the only time you'll see a packed house at Wilson Central. Lebanon needs to hire the best available coach so that they can allow their players to maximize their potential, but please stop with the silly economic issues angle.

You have to be kidding about the full houses and economic impact. There were not full houses for Lebanon Devilette basketball games, even the District 7-AAA Championship game. Lebanon had a decent crowd, but Riverdale had hardly anyone there and they were the defending State Champions. Regular season games did not draw good crowds and the biggest portion would arrive for the boys games. I know because I attended nearly every Lebanon home game. Even at Wilson Central, where the girls have won 2 of the last 3 AAA State Championships, the girls are normally outdrawn by the boys team. The only exception is when WC plays Mt. Juliet, which is also the only time you'll see a packed house at Wilson Central. Lebanon needs to hire the best available coach so that they can allow their players to maximize their potential, but please stop with the silly economic issues angle.

A question. Do you realize that they must have drawn better away than at home? Lebanon had a good team and drew. Did they drawbeeter than when the previous coach was there? Were the stands "on fire " more the last two years. i might tell you, you had a full house for the Siegel Girls game, regular season. I bet you had a full house with white and Cookeville also. The economic issue is there

Someone does not realize that even though VB cannot start practicing still July, off season work can still be held to hold attention. Is the asst coach in VB dong any off season work or is that taboo?

PHargis, to answer your volleyball questions. The assistant coach (Piercey-Blanks) stepped down before the head coach stepped down. She told the team a month before the head coach announced she was not returning. So, the volleyball team does not have any coaches as of right now. I can assure you that if the former coaching staff were still around that off-season workouts would be happening right now.

Rumor is Blanks will not be returning to Lebanon next year anyway. Maybe that is why she didn't feel the need to put her name in the hat for either position.

A question. Do you realize that they must have drawn better away than at home? Lebanon had a good team and drew. Did they drawbeeter than when the previous coach was there? Were the stands "on fire " more the last two years. i might tell you, you had a full house for the Siegel Girls game, regular season. I bet you had a full house with white and Cookeville also. The economic issue is there

Was the Siegel game a homecoming game or something of the sort that might have affected the crowd? I doubt very seriously that they had full houses at Cookeville or White County, but what difference does that make to the decision makers at Lebanon anyway? The gate receipts at high schools are not split with the visiting team. Home attendance is what counts for the athletic department, but the only way attendance really impacts the community is if a large number of fans from out of town are part of the crowd. Maybe the folks in Sparta, Murfreesboro, McMinnville, and Cookeville have more at stake in this hiring than the people in Lebanon. I suggest that the mayors of all those towns should be part of the search committee to hire the new coaches for Lebanon girls basketball and volleyball because they want to be sure that LHS will be good enough to have fans follow them to road games. All kidding aside, I think Lebanon needs to pick the very best coach they can get for the sake of their players and fans, but the economic impact of the decision is minuscule at best.

PHargis, to answer your volleyball questions. The assistant coach (Piercey-Blanks) stepped down before the head coach stepped down. She told the team a month before the head coach announced she was not returning. So, the volleyball team does not have any coaches as of right now. I can assure you that if the former coaching staff were still around that off-season workouts would be happening right now.

Rumor is Blanks will not be returning to Lebanon next year anyway. Maybe that is why she didn't feel the need to put her name in the hat for either position.

Is LHS going to have a volleyball team? This poster thinks they will. This is getting a little messy. One thing for sure, LHS waits for the last moment to make their choice. Off season traing does helpif anyone needs to know, no matter the sport plus build en thusiasm. better than just throwing the ball out there.

Ashley Johnson to coach Devilettes

Reported by the Wilson Post (on line)

Wilson Post

Wow! what a wonderful day in basketball and the future of Lebanon High School. Everyone concerned and those who care about Lebanon Blue Devil Basketball have an opportunity to continue the path that Darien left with all the same positive attitude that was given to him. The future is the most important aspect to this puzzle. Parents, Students and Blue Devil Fans if we all pitch in a positive effort we can and will accomplish great things in the future. Nothing but up hill from here. I have read about this young lady and she is indeed a Great Pick for program. Welcome her with open arms. Her success is our success and the future of many young ladies in Lebanon. It is time that The Lady Devils rise above and shine.. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I know this is a basketball board, but why would Lebanon not have a volleyball team. The administration might be "dragging their feet" or weighing their options or whatever, but I highly doubt they will not have a program. They have a basketball coach, now they will find who they need to fill the volleyball role, perhaps it has already been done. With several athletes still in spring sports their off-season workouts would involve five or six kids. Several of the girls are in some type of spring league, and are staying in shape in various other ways. I dare say that there will be no team.

Now, back to basketball. Congratulations to Coach Johnson. May the new-found success of past powerhouse continue!

Welcome to Devilette basketball Coach Ashley Johnson. Best of luck!

Just for the record, the LHS volleyball team went to the sub-state last year under Stephanie Harmon. The new volleyball coach will be a full-time faculty member and will be announced Monday. She's VERY GOOD!

Welcome to Devilette basketball Coach Ashley Johnson. Best of luck!

Just for the record, the LHS volleyball team went to the sub-state last year under Stephanie Harmon. The new volleyball coach will be a full-time faculty member and will be announced Monday. She's VERY GOOD!

The volleyball coach has already been annouced, it was in the Wilson Post end of last week, or earlier this week. Don't remember her name, but she taught and coached at a middle school or elementary school in Lebanon.