5 rivers Confernce

dc32Robj

I am not going to make predictions. I learned my lesson last year. The good thing about last year is that when we had guys get hurt, we had to use our talented so. class to fill the holes. Those so. have gotten much bigger and stronger and way more experienced. The weight room is where they have lived. My kid has gone from 215 to a present 240. The backs have gotten bigger and the line looks solid. The only question to this point is the kicking game. I like the changes they made on both sides of the ball to fit the personel they have and they have adapted to those changes at light speed. My hat is off to Seals and Hatcher for doing this as it really fits what we can do. I look for East to challenge everyone they face and to be as physical and fast as any opponent. I can't predict injury but if this team stays healthy, they will make alot of noise.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they did lose Cradic & Barlow and 17 other seniors. This will be the year IMO that we see what kind of program Rider has been putting together at VHS. From the personal experience of watching it up close for the last 4 years I'm very confident in saying that they will have a very good team again this year. I look for this team to only get bigger in numbers from here on out and to improve every year. From what I've seen and heard so far this will be a very "fast" & strong falcon team. I cant wait for it all to get started and see how the conference goes!

Me either!!! I have a feeling this season is going to be exciting but yet surprising.

Didnt Volunteer lose Cradic and Barlow? What makes them so special this year to be at the top of the conferecne htis year?

dc32 and comp,

DC32, I am intrigued by VHS because they have a lot of rising seniors who maybe were not starters last year. Maybe they learned a lot on scout team and two deep. That can be the mark of a good program's depth. If so, they could surprise.

Comp, I agree with your comment regarding Greenway with one slight modification. If he were at South he would DESERVE to be Mr. Football but would lose the vote to some future I-AA signee from Nike-ville.

I am not going to make predictions. I learned my lesson last year. The good thing about last year is that when we had guys get hurt, we had to use our talented so. class to fill the holes. Those so. have gotten much bigger and stronger and way more experienced. The weight room is where they have lived. My kid has gone from 215 to a present 240. The backs have gotten bigger and the line looks solid. The only question to this point is the kicking game. I like the changes they made on both sides of the ball to fit the personel they have and they have adapted to those changes at light speed. My hat is off to Seals and Hatcher for doing this as it really fits what we can do. I look for East to challenge everyone they face and to be as physical and fast as any opponent. I can't predict injury but if this team stays healthy, they will make alot of noise.

good luck

• 2 weeks later...

I see more pairity in the conference this year. I don't think that means that they are better. West will have the biggest question to answer this year with Coach Woods leaving. I don't know what Greenville has coming back , but really inpressed at the end of the year. Volunteer lost way to many players to be at the top early. I just don't see it. East, what a question mark. Looks like Tarzan in the off-season and then something always happens and they get off track. Injuries or players dismissed whatever. Cherokee and Boone wildcards, play great one week and then get beat by no body the next.Crockett may inprove but will struggle at the end. Cocke Co. is just getting started to rebuild a program, don't expect much.

We could be suprised at the end of the season, with this region, but I believe that would truely be a suprise.

• 3 weeks later...

I see more pairity in the conference this year. I don't think that means that they are better. West will have the biggest question to answer this year with Coach Woods leaving. I don't know what Greenville has coming back , but really inpressed at the end of the year. Volunteer lost way to many players to be at the top early. I just don't see it. East, what a question mark. Looks like Tarzan in the off-season and then something always happens and they get off track. Injuries or players dismissed whatever. Cherokee and Boone wildcards, play great one week and then get beat by no body the next.Crockett may inprove but will struggle at the end. Cocke Co. is just getting started to rebuild a program, don't expect much.

We could be suprised at the end of the season, with this region, but I believe that would truely be a suprise.

72---Is East planning on fielding a Defensive and an Offensive team ? Most teams it seems

plays less than 20 players unless it is a blow out . East has several kids with good speed

in the go to positions and overall I would think they should be a stronger team than last

year. Shane H. needs to pick it up and open some holes . I don't have any idea who will be

the running backs but I hope they hang on to the ball.

72---Is East planning on fielding a Defensive and an Offensive team ? Most teams it seems

plays less than 20 players unless it is a blow out . East has several kids with good speed

in the go to positions and overall I would think they should be a stronger team than last

year. Shane H. needs to pick it up and open some holes . I don't have any idea who will be

the running backs but I hope they hang on to the ball.

Howell will battle with Turner for the nod at QB. Your backs will be DD Johson(he looked ok during spring) Blanton(looked better) and Kelly(ran really hard). They looked at a few more guys on the wings and the big set with Helton(240lbs) blocking for Knight (225) looked hard to stop. Hux,Lowe,Penalba and company should be a much improved O line than last year. I think you will see around 5 guys play on both sides of the ball at times this year.

dc32 and comp,

DC32, I am intrigued by VHS because they have a lot of rising seniors who maybe were not starters last year. Maybe they learned a lot on scout team and two deep. That can be the mark of a good program's depth. If so, they could surprise.

Comp, I agree with your comment regarding Greenway with one slight modification. If he were at South he would DESERVE to be Mr. Football but would lose the vote to some future I-AA signee from Nike-ville.

Nike-ville...Ha! OK, let's go back and put Curt at Nike-ville and Mr. I-AA at South. Curt goes to UT. Mr. I-AA goes to Carson-Newman.