Cascade pitcher has back to back perfect games!

FridayMainEvent

I'd like to congratulate Leigha Carter on back to back perfect games over the last two days. That is a feat that is hard to do, no matter who you are playing!

Cascade beat Community 15-0 yesterday and beat Huntland 24-0 today. Leigha faced the minimum number of batters each game with each game being a no-hitter! Congrats to Leigha and congrats to the entire team for playing flawless defense behind her! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to congratulate Leigha Carter on back to back perfect games over the last two days.

That is a feat that is hard to do, no matter who you are playing! Cascade beat Community 15-0

yesterday and beat Huntland 24-0 today. Leigha faced the minimum number of batters each

game with each game being a no-hitter! Congrats to Leigha and congrats to the entire team for

playing flawless defense behind her!

Congrats on an outstanding accomplishment!!!

Does anyone have Cascade's tournament schedule? I would like to see them play.

Only having one pitcher has forced us to pull out of tournaments, jtk. It is going to be a major accomplishment if Leigha can pitch the number of games we have on our schedule. In all likelihood I'd expect Coach Austin to pitch one of the other girls who is now taking lessons against the non-district opponents to save her arm for district competition. We had a second pitcher who decided not to play this season and it is going to be a tough ride, but we'll do the best we can.

Which pitching coach does she use?

I'm not sure, ERA. I believe there is a former Riverdale pitcher who is coming to the school once or twice a week to give some of the girls lessons. Don't quote me on that. I think Leigha was going to someone in Murfreesboro who no longer gives lessons, but I'm not sure about that either. Coach Rich in Shelbyville is giving a couple of the Middle School girls lessons now.

I'm not sure, ERA. I believe there is a former Riverdale pitcher who is coming to the school once or twice a week to give some of the girls lessons. Don't quote me on that. I think Leigha was going to someone in Murfreesboro who no longer gives lessons, but I'm not sure about that either. Coach Rich in Shelbyville is giving a couple of the Middle School girls lessons now.

Leigha Carter has been going to former Riverdale Warrior, now pitching coach Falon Catalano. She is currently in Florida at a tournament with Riverdale so I just texted (if that's a word) her the info. Falon is also assistant coach to the Riverdale Warrior softball team. Congrats to Leigha on her accomplishment. Falon has told me about the Cascade pitcher and about how well she had been doing prior to the season but I wasn't sure of the name.

Leigha Carter has been going to former Riverdale Warrior, now pitching coach Falon Catalano. She is currently in Florida at a tournament with Riverdale so I just texted (if that's a word) her the info. Falon is also assistant coach to the Riverdale Warrior softball team. Congrats to Leigha on her accomplishment. Falon has told me about the Cascade pitcher and about how well she had been doing prior to the season but I wasn't sure of the name.

That is correct, ERA. Sorry I couldn't remember the girls name.

I'd like to congratulate Leigha Carter on back to back perfect games over the last two days. That is a feat that is hard to do, no matter who you are playing!

Cascade beat Community 15-0 yesterday and beat Huntland 24-0 today. Leigha faced the minimum number of batters each game with each game being a no-hitter! Congrats to Leigha and congrats to the entire team for playing flawless defense behind her! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Can I say something without sounding rude or mean.With those scores how difficult was the competition.The one game sounded like a basketball game.Not wanting to take away from the pitcher but had the other schools ever had a softball team before?If you are playing a GOOD team you should nt have those scores,sorry.

Can I say something without sounding rude or mean.With those scores how difficult was the competition.The one game sounded like a basketball game.Not wanting to take away from the pitcher but had the other schools ever had a softball team before?If you are playing a GOOD team you should nt have those scores,sorry.

I think its safe to say you will not be seeing either of these opponents in the state tournament and I don't think anyone suggested that. To pitch two complete perfect games against anyone is hard. A few things you should consider: Each of the games turned out to be bench clearing games for our team. The Huntland game was pretty much all second string the final two innings. Good possibility for an error or dropped third strike. This stat also means she had no hit batsmen or issued no walks. For two games! No matter who the competition is, that is still impressive to me. I wasn't trying to build Leigha up as the second coming of Monica Abbot. I was only giving a young girl a pat on the back for something you don't see too often. Sorry that bothered you!