Bad Mouthing?

Uknow

Batting songs are easy - no more than 20 second or so - pitcher's songs get a little more tricky

But as someone says here, the between-innings music is for the folks who pay the $5.00 to get into the game. At MTSU and Riverdale, we are a No-Rap Zone /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Gibbs is also a no rap ballpark. We only play music before the game, in between innings and after the game (no player intro music). The players can request songs to be played if they provide me a copy of it and I listen to it beforehand (I will not play it until then). As long as it meets reasonable family/school parameters of language and decency plus is entertaining, it can be played. My thoughts about this are, if you can see that the crowd is relaxed and the players are singing or moving to it, you have to be doing something right.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a certain few fans who express themselves with loud words and cheers, sometimes in positive and sometimes negative remarks. Some are made towards umpires, coaches, or other fans and some toward high school players. What do you think about those? Some seem to be taken too far. At Tuesday night's game in Pulaski, Tn hosted by Giles County High, there was a song that played over the intercom system at least 3 times, maybe more that was nasty with lyrics mentioning the word b*tch & on my d*ck in it and it was played loud enough for everytone to hear. Do you think this kind of material should be allowed at a high school event? And by the way, these words were not bleeped out in any fashion.

uknow. You did not hear these words from any of the songs played at our game. Just because it is a rap song doesnt mean it has profanity. I have talked to other fans and they did not hear the same things that you heard. All of our hitters intros except this one are instrumental and the lyrics to this song are listed on page 1 of this topic. You need to remove this statement because it is incorrect and it unfairly reflects badly on our school.

Its not the rap thats a bad reflection, its what was supposedly in it

I am not the coach of the baseball program but I do have the priviledge of announcing the games at Spring Hill H.S. I do not play any rap or provocative songs. I do choose the music and allow no input from the players. I feel I am there to entertain the fans (parents and relatives). The music my children who are both over 18 listen to is their choice and I refuse to play it at any games. I have had many compliments on the music selection we have at the games, and its nice to here from a visiting fan how much they enjoyed the game and the TUNES!! 70's and 80's rock never gets old...

uknow. You did not hear these words from any of the songs played at our game. Just because it is a rap song doesnt mean it has profanity. I have talked to other fans and they did not hear the same things that you heard. All of our hitters intros except this one are instrumental and the lyrics to this song are listed on page 1 of this topic. You need to remove this statement because it is incorrect and it unfairly reflects badly on our school.

I read the words on Page 1.

I or mine wouldn't want to be like him!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'd like to apologize for misrepresenting the misunderstood lyrics to the song referred to. I wasn't the only 1 who thought those words came out each time the song was played though. I heard more than 1 say, "the first time I heard that I was thinking, surely that didn't say what I thought it said, but after the 3rd time, it does and that is inappropiate." You knew which song I was referring to though, so you must have thought it sounded like that too. Thanks for clearing it up.

I'd like to apologize for misrepresenting the misunderstood lyrics to the song referred to. I wasn't the only 1 who thought those words came out each time the song was played though. I heard more than 1 say, "the first time I heard that I was thinking, surely that didn't say what I thought it said, but after the 3rd time, it does and that is inappropiate." You knew which song I was referring to though, so you must have thought it sounded like that too. Thanks for clearing it up.

I am sorry if anyone was offended and the hitters intro will be changed so we dont have any more misunderstandings. I knew which song it was because it was the only one with words but again I apologize and there will be no more words in our hitter intros.

I may be old fashioned and not "down wit it", but the only music I care about hearing at the ballfield is The Star Spangled Banner! Fans usually like to talk between innings and that's hard with music blasting in your ears. I say if you want music get an IPOD. But as already mentioned several times, what has this got to do with bad mouthing?

I may be old fashioned and not "down wit it", but the only music I care about hearing at the ballfield is The Star Spangled Banner! Fans usually like to talk between innings and that's hard with music blasting in your ears. I say if you want music get an IPOD. But as already mentioned several times, what has this got to do with bad mouthing?

I'm with you this thread went from "Bad Mouthin" to "Bad Music" in a shorter time then it takes a 90MPH fastball to get to homeplate!

I have to agree about the language and I am one of those who get out of hand some times, I usually try sitting by some of the "good" fan's", it helps who you are with . Also keeping a score book will keep you busy. I have notice a couple new umps this year.. young ones.. Hope the TSSAA can keep em, already heard some harsh words about strike zones.

Many a thread last year was about bad ump's/fan's, does not seem to be like that so far this year or is my imagination?

And about the music in between innings it needs to be for ALL, I love the sound effect's at some parks and feel it does lower the hostility between some games , If we all can laugh together at "Who's on First?!" What's the big deal?

Guest inappropriate87

as far as music goes, i think it should be clean music, there are a lot of clean country and older rock songs. why pick the songs that are questionable when there are soo many songs that NOBODY will have a problem with? and with the fans and parents, i think they should just not say a word. if there is a bad call, let the coach handle it. every coach knows whats right and whats wrong and they WILL stick up for their team if they think they are being cheated. its the kids game so let the kids have fun and shut up.