OC Rebels how they goin to do next year?

Rebelman43

Do yall think they got a shot at the district title?

Anything is possible, but I wouldn't plan on it DC will still be a VERY TOUGH team to beat!! They are returning a very good bunch and a kid that didn't play due to injury last year could have really used him in the 'Boro with those tall post players!

Do yall think they got a shot at the district title?

Depends on how their younger players develop over the summer....

They will still have Nick Gilliam,Brady Boucher,Brandon Smith all who started this past season...They improved from 8-21 to 17-14 this season...If they develop some depth and continue to work hard and buy into Coach Kail's system,anything can happen...

I think they will be competitive but they won't have the depth and realiability needed to be seriously competitive.

They lose either three or four bodies that won't be easily filled with what is coming up through the ranks from what I have seen so far. I haven't heard of more than one quality sophomore, and when your soon to be juniors only have one of themselves contributing, the load having to be carried by the seniors could get too heavy. I was able to see the freshmen play in a few JV games and there were three maybe four that I think could contribute to some extent next year. Don't get me wrong, the game of one Mr. Nick Gilliam can make up for alot, I mean the kid has practically carried the offensive load the past three years, but IMO he had a down year for his standards last year. He passed on alot of shots and tended to wilt at the ends of games in favor of a Rebel teammate. I couldn't tell you if it was strategy or not, but he has to take more shots and be more aggressive next year.

The Troy Boys go as Gilliam goes. He has a top notch pure point guard in Smith and pure rebounder in Boucher ( at times ), but his other scoring options Owens, Gibson, and Lee have left and this next year we should all get to see just how great this kid can be. I personally can't wait. But to answer your question after being extremely long winded, yes they can, but only if Gilliam steps up and averages 20+ pts. a game.

Talking to coach Kail today at school and he stated that the Brandon King kid is back, at 6'6 he could help, not only in rebounding but he can score around the basket. Hopefully he will stay with the program!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

again? this kid has quit the program twice if I'm not mistaken, if I was a member of that team I wouldn't have it, 6'6 or not.

Seen Nick Gilliam at Autry's and he told me that they had play Lake County and beat them 84-83. He did not give any details, just said they played pretty good.

Lot of points by both teams..Surprised someone would have kept a scoreboard ..Figure both teams will be playing some of the younger players to see what they have..Lake Co knows what they have in Avery and Central in Gilliam..I believe Lake Co played Dyer Co the other day and Lake Co was without Avery and Dyer Co without Rex Pierce,I heard..Was told both teams looked good at times and sluggish at others..Way too early to tell what's going to happen..who is going to move in for next year etc..But any pplayer At 6'6 should help ..I would like to know if Bledsoe is playing for Lake Co..Not looking for Dominic to be playing but at the start of the season next year..a new season and all..who knows..Good luck to Central this year though..Would love to see Lake Co and Central get back to playing each other though..Would be a good money game and close for everyone!