Riverdale AD?

Lost Old Dad

Good luck to coach Creasy and congratulations on the new job.

This is a very important hire for coach A and the Warriors. They need to bring in a top talent that has a strong resume at the 5A level. Hopefully someone with some fire and passion that can elevate the tempo at games and practices.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

If Riverdale is smart they will offer the AD or defensive coordinator position to Gary Patterson. He did an amazing job at Cheatham Co. as AD and was also a fine defensive coordinator on the football staff.

No offense with this statement, but this is Riverdale High School not Cheatham County. Aydelott must hire someone with experience and knowledge to get the job done. This hire needs to come from someone from a successful 5A program in the Mid-State.

No offense with this statement, but this is Riverdale High School not Cheatham County. Aydelott must hire someone with experience and knowledge to get the job done. This hire needs to come from someone from a successful 5A program in the Mid-State.

That is a very false statement. Some of the dumbest coaches across the state are probably coaches at the Class 5A level. By your argument I guess that any successful Class 5A coach should be compared to Vince Lombardi /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Coaches that win at smaller schools without all of the talent in the world to choose from are good coaches. Don't clown them just because they don't coach at Class 5A powerhouse schools.

That is a very false statement. Some of the dumbest coaches across the state are probably coaches at the Class 5A level. By your argument I guess that any successful Class 5A coach should be compared to Vince Lombardi /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Coaches that win at smaller schools without all of the talent in the world to choose from are good coaches. Don't clown them just because they don't coach at Class 5A powerhouse schools.

Look I am not downing anyone, but I am saying that Cheatham County is not Riverdale. At this point in time with the recent history of Riverdale football, they should go after the person who has been in the same arena. Riverdale is used to competing for championships not just having winning seasons.

Look I am not downing anyone, but I am saying that Cheatham County is not Riverdale. At this point in time with the recent history of Riverdale football, they should go after the person who has been in the same arena. Riverdale is used to competing for championships not just having winning seasons.

Ron Aydelott was a state runner-up on two seperate occasions, a state semifinalist on two seperate occasions, as well as a state champion on one occasion at Hillsboro.

That's just Hillsboro..................which too isn't Riverdale /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Since he's been at Riverdale he has lost in the quarterfinals and lost in the second round. Those two Riverdale squads were by far superior to what the 2008 version of the Riverdale Warriors will be. THAT IS UNLESS A LOT OF TRANSFERS START COMING IN THE DOOR!!!!!

All I am saying is that successful 4A & 5A coaches are not always as smart as they seem when judging their records. Aydelott will be fortunate to make the state quarterfinals in 2008 as the head football coach at RHS.

At Hillsboro that was a disappointing season under Aydelott. Under Rankin two playoff losses like the last two years have presented would have been considered as being disasterous.

Ron Aydelott was a state runner-up on two seperate occasions, a state semifinalist on two seperate occasions, as well as a state champion on one occasion at Hillsboro.

That's just Hillsboro..................which too isn't Riverdale /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Since he's been at Riverdale he has lost in the quarterfinals and lost in the second round. Those two Riverdale squads were by far superior to what the 2008 version of the Riverdale Warriors will be. THAT IS UNLESS A LOT OF TRANSFERS START COMING IN THE DOOR!!!!!

All I am saying is that successful 4A & 5A coaches are not always as smart as they seem when judging their records. Aydelott will be fortunate to make the state quarterfinals in 2008 as the head football coach at RHS.

At Hillsboro that was a disappointing season under Aydelott. Under Rankin two playoff losses like the last two years have presented would have been considered as being disasterous.

I can not argue with your observation. Everything you have said is the truth.