MCHS Tigerettes

mcsportswriter

The MCHS Tigerettes beat Cascade 6-1 today to remain undefeated on the season at 5-0. Addricka O'Neal hit a two run homerun off the centerfield scoreboard in the bottom of the fifth to seal Cascade's fate. Mieke Wallace started the game and went two innings before Kaya Harmon came in and shut-out Cascade the rest of the way. MCHS will have a big district game on Tuesday versus Giles Couty in Pulaski.

The MCHS Tigerettes beat Cascade 6-1 today to remain undefeated on the season at 5-0. Addricka O'Neal hit a two run homerun off the centerfield scoreboard in the bottom of the fifth to seal Cascade's fate. Mieke Wallace started the game and went two innings before Kaya Harmon came in and shut-out Cascade the rest of the way. MCHS will have a big district game on Tuesday versus Giles Couty in Pulaski.

For those that don't know...please specify who MCHS is. I assume Marshall County. Macon County is also MCHS Tigerettes. There may be others.

The gap between the two teams isn't as much as the score indicated. We shouldn't of pitched to O'neal with two outs in that inning. She is their best hitter and we should of pitched around her, but hindsight is 20-20. MC also scored three runs one inning after an error extended the inning. We had some serious base running mistakes that we'll have to eliminate before we can improve. You can't get thrown out advancing to third on a ball that hit the backstop. Cascade has a solid foundation and will compete this year. Lot of athletes on this team. Leigha is doing a very good job for us on the mound, we've just got to get better around her.

Did the girl from Cascade that had thrown back to back perfect games pitch?

She did and the first batter for Marshall County ended her string. She pitched well, but the Tigerettes really did not have much trouble hitting her. They had a two run homer and several extra base hits off of her. From what I understand, she is all Cascade has, so it will be a long year for her, especially in district play. Still, two perfect games back to back is quite a feat.

Marshall County has a big game this week against Page. Page has already gotten one loss and another would be pretty tough to catch up with in district. Spring Hill has been down to say the least this year! Lewis County, Marshall County, Loretto should be the top three teams with Giles, Page and Spring Hill fighting for the rest. By Page losing at home against Lewis County last week, shows that with all of those seniors they may not be as tough as they thought they would be! Also, heard that the "Ole Coach" from Marshall County is still helping which is a big asset for them! Marshall is young, and they may very well be the surprise team in the district! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

It is a real shame that Marshall County and Forrest don't play each other every year. In the same since, why does Forrest and Cornersville not play anymore? Strange, with 3 schools in the same county.

Long story between Cornersville and Forrest..goes back to a middle school football disagreement. I am trying to find a way to get all three schools back on the playing fields again.