notre dame-19 vs. bledsoe-0

cchsjets08

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think it is a bit disrespectful to run up the score like that. I mean think about it. The other team is trying just as hard, if not harder, than the other team. They just aren't good. and it's not like you have to just quit playing either. Put restrictions on your team. I'm not talking about not shooting. Only score off headers from a cross, 10 consecutive passes without the other team touching the ball, or something like that. If i were a coach, I would try to keep it under 10 goals. different coaches have different philosophies though. Just think of the other team. That's all I'm saying

Socceraddict brought up a great point. In those lopsided games where one team can literally score at will, how much is too much? 8, 10, 12 goals what is the stopping point? I saw a team winning 8-0 and put restrictions lof scoring on headers from crosses and the losing coach still got upset. It is tough being on either side in games like that.But how much is too much? Any opinions?TSSAA has slaughter rules in football and basketball where the clock continously runs. I hope it is just a matter of time before they implement the 10 goal rule that G mentioned. I hope it is soon.

This argument happens EVERY year, and you will always have people who are on both sides. The problem isn't that the people have different opinions on each sides, but that they get personal about teams or coaches (which is not allowed on these threads). Agree or disagree with the score, it could not have gotten to that point with a proper "slaughter" or "deficit" rule.

There is so much disparity in some of the districts with the (I hate to say) "stronger" tream districts, that goal differentials ARE going to be high. This is one (of the many) reasons I am in favor of a merit based system for sports in highschool. It puts everyone with teams in relatively equal talent pools, with the opportunity to go up or down as talent does. It gives those small rural schools a chance (outside of the rare cases).

There are mny problems in getting this off the ground, but I think it could work, and better than the "get rid of the privates" philosophy.

There is so much more to this than just Notre Dame's score. Think what you will, but please put some restraint in some of your posts.

they have a very small district, 4 or 5 teams. i am not sure what the answer is. It sometimes is embarrasing for a team to have the other team to start playing the "header on a cross" rule, or something like that. I would think packing it in on defense and have a defender who is not thta fleet of foot play a single forward position and go from there.