16u Division I States

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What players are all on the Tennessee Flight?

They must be pretty good because I know the TNWings team was loaded from top to bottom.

The Flight team is an excellent team but it might not mean anything as far as representation of Tennessee at Nationals. While at states I heard a rumor that the TN Flight, even though they won the state championship, had no intentions of playing Nationals. I heard this from someone in the Flight organization. If that's true and as far as I know, it's only a rumor right now, why would the TN Flight bother playing the state tournament and is that even within AAU rules? I thought you had to play states with the intent of playing Nationals.

AAU has what they call district qualifying tournaments. In Tennessee, it's the state tournaments. This year for 16u or JR there was no sub-state tournament, just a state tournament. Any team that pays the fee, does the paperwork on time and enrolls each player in AAU can play in the tournament. There are bids available at the state tournament for AAU Div I Nationals. No team has to take a bid. They may have conflicting tournaments to attend or decide they just don't want to go. You are not obligated to take a bid.