District 13

dcsoftball

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May be true but I heard several of these hits were little bleeders right over the infield. OC is on the upswing. They will be the team to beat with the tournament at their place. My vote is for them or Gibson still until the other teams start playing with consistency.

a hit's a hit. either way. i don't know what more consistency you need than the record westview has in the district right now. one loss, that's it. everyone has their bad games.

WHS

What is your interpretation of an "A" game, and take into consideration that no pitcher has an A game every time on the mound. The freshman had 11 SO against Station Camp, 6 SO, against Ripley and a no Hitter with 9 SO's against Marshall Co. Westview did not win these games but it was not just the pitcher that lost the game, it takes the whole team to play the game and offense usually helps a whole lot. The Westview freshman combo of catcher and pitcher are young but very determined to win the game and the defense behind them is great. The bats just didn't get it done, plain and simple and it was a learning experience and no doubt will be a very determined team to come out of this tournament.

The bottom line is they lost. The stats are a complete contradiction of what you are trying to prove. Did she throw any wild pitches? Did she walk anyone that led to a run? These would also be important stats to take a look at while we are on this subject. Either no stats or all the stats for a player; or about some stats for the entire team. Wow, looks like to Westview fans are somewhat bickering on here and sounds like WHS is in a downward spiral. Knew they wouldn't stay on Cloud 9 the whole season. At least that pitcher got her a lot of strikeouts and man tell her congrats on her no hitter. Must be proud of individual stats when your team loses.

Standings

Westview 8-1 26-8-1

Dyer Co. 6-3 10-8-1

Gibson Co. 4-3 19-7

Milan 4-6 11-14

Obion Co. 4-6 11-23

Dyersburg 3-6 3-9

Crockett Co. 2-6 9-8

Tuesday Dyersburg at Milan, Westview at Dyer County, Crockett Co. at Gibson Co.

Wednesday Dyer Co. at Gibson Co., Westview at Crockett Co.

Thursday Milan at Westview, Dyer Co. at Obion Co., Dyersburg at Crockett Co.

The bottom line is they lost. The stats are a complete contradiction of what you are trying to prove. Did she throw any wild pitches? Did she walk anyone that led to a run? These would also be important stats to take a look at while we are on this subject. Either no stats or all the stats for a player; or about some stats for the entire team. Wow, looks like to Westview fans are somewhat bickering on here and sounds like WHS is in a downward spiral. Knew they wouldn't stay on Cloud 9 the whole season. At least that pitcher got her a lot of strikeouts and man tell her congrats on her no hitter. Must be proud of individual stats when your team loses.

Easy King 13aa........ you are kinda rough on the 'Vew fans today /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I would have to agree with you that it is a team sport. That sometimes you have to rely on the pitching sometimes it's the bats that carry you. Every blue moon you get both of them going at the same time. I would be careful when you start to single out a single part of your team when there is a lost or a win. You should win as a team and loose as a team. NO EXCUSE!!!!! Did sound like they where throwing the rest of the team under the bus.......

With that said I am pretty sure if you ask the lady's one the 'View's team they would agree it is a team sport. Seems like a prettygood group of talented young laydies.

Now I don't agree that they are on a donward spiral. Just a speed bumb or two more they will be ready to roll!!!

The Milan and D-burg game should be a good one. Heard that Milan had both pitchers hurt....Does any one know anything about this???

As always GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!! That's why I call this the Wild.Wild West /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well said WildWest.

It wasn't my intentions to single out 1 player, it seemed that WHS put the losses on the lone pitcher not having "A" games. The View is a team and always will be but in this sport they tend to look at individuals more in losses than in the wins. The tournaments are for looking how well your team competes with other teams that are in or around your district. Our Region has some of the best in the state. Looking forward to the upcoming games in our district and tournament play.

Well said WildWest.

It wasn't my intentions to single out 1 player, it seemed that WHS put the losses on the lone pitcher not having "A" games. The View is a team and always will be but in this sport they tend to look at individuals more in losses than in the wins. The tournaments are for looking how well your team competes with other teams that are in or around your district. Our Region has some of the best in the state. Looking forward to the upcoming games in our district and tournament play.

Yea..... I think some people post here just to get things going. Have to be careful not to fall into the trap /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Remember the only ones that can do anything about what we talk about are the players that suit up and play the games. We are blessed to have this kind of talent in this area. If you want to see good softball just drop by one of the district games this week and you should get more then you paid for.

The district 13 tourny should be a blast.....Caint wait to go to the games and watch some real good softball at the new and improved Obion Co. fields.

I also agree one or maybe twe teams will go deep in state from this Region! Or maybe even win it all.

Once again Good luck to all!