Volunteer Falcons 2008?

VHSFALCONS

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there are any Falcon fans who have an opinion on this upcoming season I would llike to hear your opinion. Any other comments from the five rivers conference teams lets hear them.

I'm very curious as well. I will be done with spring ball here at Emory next week and hope to make it to some Volunteer Spring ball. I got word from my roommate from SS that SS and VHS will scrimmage at VHS this spring. I don't remember the date but as soon as I find that out again I'll post it. If anyone has any info on up coming season it would be great to hear it. I'm sure the Five Rivers is going to be just as it was the four years I was there, but I think even with the loose of some great players last season Volunteer will make the playoff third year in a row! I know coach Rider and the staff are determined and the players will do all it takes to get back in the playoffs too. I look for Bennett to have a big year and also Antonio. I'm not for sure but I think it will be the same last name at the QB position,Luke Cradic, cousin of Keith and he'll be able to handle the job! On the defensive side the one I look to take it over on this side/my side of the ball will be Wes Carpenter he has a lot of experience and also he is a very strong explosive player. I know their is more on defense that is just one I played with and know what he is capable of doing on Friday nights.

Smith25 (52)

Lets Go Falcons have a good spring! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Volunteer from an outsider point of view who enjoys watching them play will be well coached, discipline and hard playing. They will also be playing in a very tough league that returns a lot of players across the board.

Particularly GHS, ME, DC, MW, and Cher. Now having said that, the Falcons can have a good year, but it will be an up hill battle. VHS graduated too many good players (who were veterans) to make a run for the top spot. However, making the playoffs would be a good and reasonable goal.

I made my way down to Volunteer to watch the second practice of the spring they had great numbers and still got some boys that are planning to play that are playing baseball. I know when I was playing the numbers were less. I also want to up date anyone wanting to know about the scrimmage next friday it will be vhs vs ss starting at 5:30 and be at vhs. It should be a great scrimmage for both teams to get out there hit on someone other than your team and at the same time learn where each team needs to improve. Come out watch some hitting should be fun.

-Smith25(52)

• 2 weeks later...

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES....Its comin fellas, falcon football is on its way.With this being my first post of this year Id like to say thank you to the 19 seniors of class 2008. Thank you for all the excitment and effort you put into volunteers football program. You wil always be remembered as the falcons who did it first. Congrats to Jordan Sandidge, Coty Ball, and Javion Shivers on signing with UVA Wise.

Now Whats going on with the falcons. Whos the oline cause im pretty sure they lost the line from last year

Who is going to be the hourse...We lost shane but whos goin to step it up and fill those shoes

and the defense...whos replacing the 8 starters from lastyear.

good luck to the falcons work hard and good things will happen

oh someone tell me if Josh Hensley is going to play college ball. I heard he's not, i hope he has really thoght about that cause he was a great lineman. Mabey he would fit in well up there at E&H with ED haha

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES....Its comin fellas, falcon football is on its way.With this being my first post of this year Id like to say thank you to the 19 seniors of class 2008. Thank you for all the excitment and effort you put into volunteers football program. You wil always be remembered as the falcons who did it first. Congrats to Jordan Sandidge, Coty Ball, and Javion Shivers on signing with UVA Wise.

Now Whats going on with the falcons. Whos the oline cause im pretty sure they lost the line from last year

Who is going to be the hourse...We lost shane but whos goin to step it up and fill those shoes

and the defense...whos replacing the 8 starters from lastyear.

good luck to the falcons work hard and good things will happen

oh someone tell me if Josh Hensley is going to play college ball. I heard he's not, i hope he has really thoght about that cause he was a great lineman. Mabey he would fit in well up there at E&H with ED haha

well the scrimage last week didnt look to good but i know we had some players out for injuries, but its a long time till season. One thing that i was surprised with was the qb, Cradic looked good for that being his first time in complete charge, but the defense has to learn to wrap up

No Josh is not playin college ball

• 1 month later...

Only 66 days till the first game of the season at Sullivan East!

I must say that I am going to be pumped to be able to see the Falcons play in person this year. Because of work I haven't been to a game in person since 02.

Hopefully I won't miss the first two games of the year by being in NYC for work. I am looking forward to coming back to town and supporting the boys.

Hopefully the golf tournament raised alot of money for the football program!