Bearden Invitational

Tribe007

First things first... farragut, i like the fact that farragut is not in the Bearden invitational, because perosnally, i hate seeing a team play another team 4 times in one seaosn, like last season, i mean honestly who cares after the first 3 times they play and they swap wins, it just so happened that last year farragut won when it mattered, although they were offsides in one of their goals, and bearden had a goal taken away for no reason, but hey, who cares bearden won the year before, so let farragut have it.

I don't remember a Farragut person being offsides either.... and the Bearden goal that was taken away was because he was supposedly offsides, I think.. so there was a reason.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday 28March

4:30pm Catholic vs Hendersonville

6:10pm West vs Baylor

7:50pm Maryville vs Gallatin

9:30pm Bearden vs CBHS

7pm CAK vs Morristown West @ CAK

Some good games tonight!

My predictions:

Catholic over Hendersonville (fresh legs for Catholic and a strong offense will benefit the Irish)

West over Baylor (This is West's year to shine)

Maryville over Gallatin (Gallatin is not as strong this year as last season)

Bearden over CBHS (This will be the game of the night, but I see Bearden pulling it out. Too strong in the midfield and up top)

CAK's outcome will be determined by how well they recover from last night's game. They play on their home field (season opener) which is huge, but their legs are most likely tired. Fresh legs for Mo-West will be to West's advantage, and also they will be pumped and ready for the challenge.

I understand that the McCoy brothers are out of town. How will that effect West's game?

At Catholic, Derosa and Wegryn are not playing due to spring break. Could be a tough going without those two.

Wow... I'll bet Elmer didn't know this making his predictions!

From what I heard, Ned, Gallatin lost 4 starters right before season (not too sure of the reason).

Not true. Gallatin is just young, very young in the back. The back 4 and goalie are all in their first year as starters and have little experience. Bearden looked good, the are all fast and i only saw a few mis touches. Big #3 looked good against the tiny Gallatin defenders, i'd like to see him battle a more experienced bigger back line.

Gallatin is down, and probably out of place up here with the top east tn teams, hope to see more games and some improvement. Best of luck to all.

Elmer, you got them all wrong, I believe!

We lost 1-0 to Morristown West tonight. They played a very good posession game, and outshot us 7-2. They had some very talented midfielders, and really moved the ball well. They scored on a PK in the second half.

We need to work on consistency, for sure, as well as shooting. It's awful hard to win a game if you don't ever shoot the ball at the opponents goal!

Congrats to a very deserving Mo West team, who has to turn around in about 12 hours and play a very good Catholic team (with or without some of their starters).

Elmer, you got them all wrong, I believe!

Hey, what do I know?! Oh well.

Good second half, CAK. Proud of the way you turned your play around. Just work on getting those shots off. Morristown West keeper made an INCREDIBLE save on Jake's volley! Keep shooting Jake, one of those will go in! How about tomorrow?!

Doug, did you get my present I left on your car?