Bearden Invitational

Tribe007

West 2 CBHS 3 - It was very muddy and a physical hard fought game by both sides. JJ for CBHS is a force in the centermid and there 3 centermids threw wests mids off because they play with just two. CBHS 1st goal was off the post and hit West's goalie in the back and went in, a clear mistake, and CBHS 3rd goal was off a horrible goal kick from West which landed right to CBHS forward where he dribbled, West goalie missed the BALL!!! and then he tapped it in. Unfortunate for West, but it will be there time soon, very soon.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first chance to see Catholic this season was enjoyable. Even though the Irish were missing their senior center mid, center back and keeper, they still managed a gutsy win over Baylor 1-0 on a goal by Tyler Gibson in the second half. Nice win Irish. Good luck with Bearden tomorrow.

My first chance to see Catholic this season was enjoyable. Even though the Irish were missing their senior center mid, center back and keeper, they still managed a gutsy win over Baylor 1-0 on a goal by Tyler Gibson in the second half. Nice win Irish. Good luck with Bearden tomorrow.

Where ya been, old man! We've missed you on the boards!

Congrats to Catholic on a win over my Red Raiders in the "mud bowl." It was hard for either team to get alot going as the ball would almost die at times...as you would expect in the muddy conditions. Baylor's defense did very well as did Catholics. It seemed that Catholic just for whatever reason adapted to the field conditions better than Baylor. Nice goal in the 2nd half by the Irish. Thought we had tied it with a Sam Williams goal but it was called offsides. Great competition the entire weekend at Beardon for all teams. It will help all of the teams as the season goes on....by playing such tough competition....in such tough field conditions.

West 2 CBHS 3 - It was very muddy and a physical hard fought game by both sides. JJ for CBHS is a force in the centermid and there 3 centermids threw wests mids off because they play with just two. CBHS 1st goal was off the post and hit West's goalie in the back and went in, a clear mistake, and CBHS 3rd goal was off a horrible goal kick from West which landed right to CBHS forward where he dribbled, West goalie missed the BALL!!! and then he tapped it in. Unfortunate for West, but it will be there time soon, very soon.

Easy now - don't throw the West goalie under the bus!! A slightly different perspective saw the attacker on the first goal make a nice cutback on the defender to get the shot off. Also, if I'm not mistaken on the third goal there were one or two defenders who also got dribbled before getting to the goalie. The goalie actually had a pretty decent game. I agree West is a good, physical team and also that they will make some noise befoe it's over.

Any predictions for the KCHS vs Bearden tonight?

Bearden 3 - KCHS 1

I think it really depends on KCHS player situation. Are their 3 or 4 starters back from spring break? If not, Bearden takes this easily with 5+ goals and gives up 2 or less. I'll go with

Without KCHS Full Team

Bearden 6

KCHS 1

With KCHS Full Team

Bearden 4

KCHS 3

I agree with you. I would assume today's game with be similar to yesterday's field conditions. Not very pretty with players sliding and getting little established...not pretty soccer. The muddiest uniforms I have ever seen.

Yes. It will be a total mud bowl. Not much pretty soccer to be played under the field conditions.