Region 1 District 1 Single A

sportsfan93

Unaka clinched atleast a tie for the conference title today winning there 6th in a row. I think 2nd is still between Hampton and UH with 2 loses apiece.

2 Big games at the end of this week. UH at North Greene on Friday. North Greene at Hampton on Sat. THe only chance for North Greene to get out of 4th is two win both. Then they would still have to beat Cloudland. That's a tough task with the way this bunch plays. But if UH or Hampton slip up, it could cost them.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 Big games at the end of this week. UH at North Greene on Friday. North Greene at Hampton on Sat. THe only chance for North Greene to get out of 4th is two win both. Then they would still have to beat Cloudland. That's a tough task with the way this bunch plays. But if UH or Hampton slip up, it could cost them.

Alright everyone, help me with the standings. North Greene beat UH 4-3 on Friday. They then beat Hampton 12-8. So here's what I got.

1. Unaka 6-0 (can't lose first)

2. UH 5-1 (can't lose second)

3. North Greene 3-4 (could tie in 3rd but get's the tiebreaker by beating UH)

4. Hampton 2-4

5. Cloudland 0-6

Does this sound and look right?

Alright everyone, help me with the standings. North Greene beat UH 4-3 on Friday. They then beat Hampton 12-8. So here's what I got.

1. Unaka 6-0 (can't lose first)

2. UH 5-1 (can't lose second)

3. North Greene 3-4 (could tie in 3rd but get's the tiebreaker by beating UH)

4. Hampton 2-4

5. Cloudland 0-6

Does this sound and look right?

UH has 2 loses both to Unaka and if NG loses there next conference game and Hampton wins against Unaka and there other game in conference they can take 3rd outright

tell me about unaka and UH. will those two teams end up in substate again or possibly state. who do u see them matching up with in substate games

Right now i would say Unaka and UH both go to sub-state but North Greene is hot right now to and beat UH by 1 i believe i think Unaka would probably end up against Harriman again in sub-state which gives them a shot for 6 state apperances in a row UH would end up traveling to Rockwood more than likely but i just dont think UH will have the hitting to beat Rockwood

tell me about unaka and UH. will those two teams end up in substate again or possibly state. who do u see them matching up with in substate games

Pretty much, there isn't a whole lot of difference in North Greene and UH, and Hampton isnt that far behind the two. If I had to pick, I'd take UH, just because of the experience they gained from going to Sub-State last year. North Greene does have the ability to get hot at the plate sometimes. Both UH and NG have a decent number 1 pitcher, but nothing too special. Neither of these teams pose much of a threat at all against a team of Rockwood's or Harriman's or Coalfield's calibur....

Unaka is the team to beat as of right now, no doubt. The don't have a super dominant ace like Swearingen or Blevins, but they do have two or three kids that can hold their own against the local AAA teams. But this is probably the best hitting Unaka team since '04. They can light up the scoreboard very fast.

Hey sportsfan93, how on God's green earth did Hancock pile-drive NG like that???

How about straight from the coach. We really didn't play that bad. We just didn't hit the ball that well. They did. They also beat us yesterday 6-3 with Hopson on the mound.

We have played alot lately and its seemed to be difficult to get up after the wins over UH on Fri. and Hampton on Sat. We had played four days straight. We also had several at a retreat this weekend and they were all just wanting to take a day off. Sad to say, but we need rest real bad. Six games in eight days + today's teenagers=crybabies.

Rutledge's coach is doing a great job and has some decent athletes. He has wrapped up that conference with ease. Probably has a shot at beating the number 2 from our district and going to sub state.

How about straight from the coach. We really didn't play that bad. We just didn't hit the ball that well. They did. They also beat us yesterday 6-3 with Hopson on the mound.

We have played alot lately and its seemed to be difficult to get up after the wins over UH on Fri. and Hampton on Sat. We had played four days straight. We also had several at a retreat this weekend and they were all just wanting to take a day off. Sad to say, but we need rest real bad. Six games in eight days + today's teenagers=crybabies.

Rutledge's coach is doing a great job and has some decent athletes. He has wrapped up that conference with ease. Probably has a shot at beating the number 2 from our district and going to sub state.

So you're telling me Hancock is the team to beat from District 2?? I'll be honest, I would have never saw that coming in a thousand years.

So you're telling me Hancock is the team to beat from District 2?? I'll be honest, I would have never saw that coming in a thousand years.

Yes Coach Shelton is right they are the best in District 2 by beating Washburn 10-0 And 10-1. Congrats to District 2 Champs.

Now back to Coach Shelton's comment. Hey Coach, I read a post from you earlier in the year saying you couldn't beat some t-ball teams. Ouch. I'm just quoting you. So that's not saying much about anyone you have beaten. I did see the South Greene game and you are pretty bad. I don't know how you pulled off the upset of UH and the win at Hampton. These are solid wins and one of them without pitching Hopson which makes it even more interesting.

I only have one question. What motivated your kids for those back to back wins? Can you do it again? Best of luck, I would love to see another Greene county team make regionals.

Yes Coach Shelton is right they are the best in District 2 by beating Washburn 10-0 And 10-1. Congrats to District 2 Champs.

Now back to Coach Shelton's comment. Hey Coach, I read a post from you earlier in the year saying you couldn't beat some t-ball teams. Ouch. I'm just quoting you. So that's not saying much about anyone you have beaten. I did see the South Greene game and you are pretty bad. I don't know how you pulled off the upset of UH and the win at Hampton. These are solid wins and one of them without pitching Hopson which makes it even more interesting.

I only have one question. What motivated your kids for those back to back wins? Can you do it again? Best of luck, I would love to see another Greene county team make regionals.

Ouch. I knew I'd regret that comment one day. We have the potential of playing decent on days and horrible on others.

Ouch. I knew I'd regret that comment one day. We have the potential of playing decent on days and horrible on others.

Final Standings I think??

1. Unaka 8-0

2. University School 5-3

3. North Greene 4-4

4. Hampton 3-5

5. Cloudland 0-8

Help me if I am wrong. Does anyone now the District schedule and location?