How well will Independence's running game be next year?

IndyMan

There is some truth to your statement that "He gets lots of reps at running back from the QB position." However it would be that much more effective to have him at running back.

And if your statement is true regarding, running the spread offense like Indy does, then why didn't they use Emory Martin at QB back in 06 (if I remember correctly he reminds me a lot of Heckman with his running ability and sub par throwing abilities.)

The spread that they ran then was a different version under Smith. His version was based on chucking it 40 times a game. While Emory was a tough runner, he had trouble with Smith's passing game. The version of spread now is a more balanced offense. Different philosophies under different coaches. Having a qb that can run keeps the defense from keying on the one RB. They have to respect the possibility of the QB running. Not sure what you mean by Heckman's subpar throwing abilities. Remember he was a sophmore and his passing was very good and should improve.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer to that is the 'ordaination' of Cordelle. But, of course, you already knew that.

What happened last spring then? If I remember right Cordell was 2nd or even 3rd during the spring. There is no sense in continuing this conversation with you. Your mind is made up and you will believe what you want. I have nothing against Nick. He is a good kid. However, Heckman adds something to the offense that Nick can't and that is his ability to run the ball when needed. For some reason you can't be objective and see that. Believe what you want. It seems like you have a gripe with the coaching staff on this. Instead of coming on here and sounding like a broken record, air it out with the coaches in person. But, that probably won't happen. It is easy to remain anonymous on a forum.

Read my other posts and think. I believe I'm clear that what I am saying are 'observations'- opinions, not lobbying or any other interests/agendas. Unlike some of the 'bandwagoning' I've read over the past year, I simply state what I 'observe'. This is the only reason I began to post this year to begin with. The amount of dribble, bandwagons, and fast opinion turnarounds was beginning to get to me, I guess. It was like trying to track Italy during WWll! Look up the history of changing sides if that one got past you.

Fan, I did as you asked and read your other posts. I have come to a conclusion, so here it goes. You seem to hover around in the Indy threads, you seem to share your 'observations' about the indy QB position, and that position only, and you seem to disagree with the level of play of all the Qb's involved except for the Smith kid. It is apparent that you were not a Cordelle fan, you obviously do not approve of the Heckman kid playing there, your pal sleeper even brought up the Martin kid from a few years back. To my 'knowledge', the only other QB in the program is/was the Smith kid. I am not sure it would take a genius to 'read between the lines' here and recognize your intentions or decipher your 'observations'.

My advice at this stage would be to hurry in and register a new screen name to hide behind, because you are losing your 'cred'!

It seems as if Indy might have some obstacles to overcome in 2008 with 'observers' on the prowl. Good Luck Indy Nation! Your team has risen to the top of the class in that tough region, so stick to your guns and leave the naysayers behind to dwell with their miserable selves.

What happened last spring then? If I remember right Cordell was 2nd or even 3rd during the spring. There is no sense in continuing this conversation with you. Your mind is made up and you will believe what you want. I have nothing against Nick. He is a good kid. However, Heckman adds something to the offense that Nick can't and that is his ability to run the ball when needed. For some reason you can't be objective and see that. Believe what you want. It seems like you have a gripe with the coaching staff on this. Instead of coming on here and sounding like a broken record, air it out with the coaches in person. But, that probably won't happen. It is easy to remain anonymous on a forum.

You're right! I believe Cordelle was 2nd or 3rd on the depth carts as I recall also last Spring. And who started the first game of the season? Opps! Sorry, I posted without knowing what I was 'allowed' to post. Still waiting for instructions on opinion regulation. Please advise ASAP.

Fan, I did as you asked and read your other posts. I have come to a conclusion, so here it goes. You seem to hover around in the Indy threads, you seem to share your 'observations' about the indy QB position, and that position only, and you seem to disagree with the level of play of all the Qb's involved except for the Smith kid. It is apparent that you were not a Cordelle fan, you obviously do not approve of the Heckman kid playing there, your pal sleeper even brought up the Martin kid from a few years back. To my 'knowledge', the only other QB in the program is/was the Smith kid. I am not sure it would take a genius to 'read between the lines' here and recognize your intentions or decipher your 'observations'.

My advice at this stage would be to hurry in and register a new screen name to hide behind, because you are losing your 'cred'!

It seems as if Indy might have some obstacles to overcome in 2008 with 'observers' on the prowl. Good Luck Indy Nation! Your team has risen to the top of the class in that tough region, so stick to your guns and leave the naysayers behind to dwell with their miserable selves.

I believe I've also opined about the possibility of Shepperd playing at wideout as well. Perhaps those posts were censored? You see, I'm still new to this whole 'posting' thing and am not quite sure what you can and can not have an opinion about. I'm awaiting clarification from tnsparty as he seems to be the BMOC here. Perhaps you are his helper as it seems that the only thing you two want to do is silence any other opinons other than the bandwagon consences. If you also have a copy of the rules and such about posting, please be so kind as to post them for me so I know who I can and can not have an opinion about and the correct way to share any acceptable opinions I may have. Thank you for your help in this matter. And thanks for telling me about my 'pal'. I didn't know I had one. This whole 'posting' thing is truly amazing!

I believe I've also opined about the possibility of Shepperd playing at wideout as well. Perhaps those posts were censored? You see, I'm still new to this whole 'posting' thing and am not quite sure what you can and can not have an opinion about. I'm awaiting clarification from tnsparty as he seems to be the BMOC here. Perhaps you are his helper as it seems that the only thing you two want to do is silence any other opinons other than the bandwagon consences. If you also have a copy of the rules and such about posting, please be so kind as to post them for me so I know who I can and can not have an opinion about and the correct way to share any acceptable opinions I may have. Thank you for your help in this matter. And thanks for telling me about my 'pal'. I didn't know I had one. This whole 'posting' thing is truly amazing!

You're an idiot. An absolute idiot. Anyone on these threads with knowledge of Independence knows I have done nothing but support this program 110%. I've tried many times to get them more exposure in the local media, both through my own doings and through suggestions to others. I have been involved with the program--in several different capacities--since day one. Jumping on bandwagons?

You need to take off your pathetic rose-colored glasses and evaluate the situation from a logical standpoint. Jumping on the bandwagon? Yeah, I guess it's unacceptable to support a young athlete who takes over a team in a difficult situation--mind you, he didn't even have a driver's license at the time--and wins 10 consecutive games, making few mistakes along the way. This isn't professional sports, this is Class 5A football. These kids are 14-18 years old and I hardly think that supporting a kid who wins games is "jumping on the bandwagon."

Your man-crush on Nick Smith is troubling. Have I ever seen you in Chris Hansen's house before? Get over it. I much preferred Nick over Cordell--as did most of the team--but when given his chance, Nick didn't shine. Alex was then given an opportunity and made the most of it. Nick was given every chance to succeed and simply didn't perform to a level that the coaches deemed adequate. Sparty is right, your real gripe appears to be with the coachin staff. Maybe you could go discuss these matters with the Region 6-5A coach of the year...you know, the rookie head coach who took his team to the Title game after a 1-3 start? I'm sure you'd be more fit for the job than he is.

Just keep bashing everything around the program behind your screen name if you'd like. It's no secret who I am, and if you really wish to debate this, give me a call sometime

PS--Al Gore? Didn't he win the Nobel Peace Prize? I'll take it.

I never said you couldn't have an opinion. You can have an opinion about anything you want and so can I. I usually try to back up my opinions with some actual facts though. And it looks like I can add BMOC to my resume now. Thanks for the title. I do think that Terone will get some wide receiver time this year also. I am far from a bandwagon poster. But if I have a greivance with a coach I choose not to air it on a forum, unlike you. That's the difference between us. Post all you want about anything you want, but if you make it personal with me, I can pull the gloves off and get personal back.

You're right! I believe Cordelle was 2nd or 3rd on the depth carts as I recall also last Spring. And who started the first game of the season? Opps! Sorry, I posted without knowing what I was 'allowed' to post. Still waiting for instructions on opinion regulation. Please advise ASAP.

I like how you handle someone disagreeing with you. You play the forum martyr. I will give you no advice. It is too much fun watching you make an idiot out of yourself on your own. Now play the martyr card again so everyone will feel sorry for you. Everyone is probably the wrong word, maybe I should have said Sleeper.

I like how you handle someone disagreeing with you. You play the forum martyr. I will give you no advice. It is too much fun watching you make an idiot out of yourself on your own. Now play the martyr card again so everyone will feel sorry for you. Everyone is probably the wrong word, maybe I should have said Sleeper.

It's funny how you bring up my screen name from time to time. And most recently Hitbehit did as well. To be completely honest I do not care about the feelings of hsfan or partyboy or anyone else on here. I care about talking, debating, or whatever pleases you to call it about the topic at hand which would be, "How well will Independence's running game be next year?" So children let's get back to the topic at hand and forget about the feelings of other posters.

My opinion stays the same, I think they should put Heckman at running back. I also believe that the o-line will step just as they did last year with new personnel. I also think Petttigrew cannot be replaced at running back, however if Heckman gets the opportunity he will step up to the occasion. I also think they should utilized Cameron Williams speed more and get him involved on jet sweeps and other areas of the running game as well as the passing game.

You're an idiot. An absolute idiot. Anyone on these threads with knowledge of Independence knows I have done nothing but support this program 110%. I've tried many times to get them more exposure in the local media, both through my own doings and through suggestions to others. I have been involved with the program--in several different capacities--since day one. Jumping on bandwagons?

You need to take off your pathetic rose-colored glasses and evaluate the situation from a logical standpoint. Jumping on the bandwagon? Yeah, I guess it's unacceptable to support a young athlete who takes over a team in a difficult situation--mind you, he didn't even have a driver's license at the time--and wins 10 consecutive games, making few mistakes along the way. This isn't professional sports, this is Class 5A football. These kids are 14-18 years old and I hardly think that supporting a kid who wins games is "jumping on the bandwagon."

Your man-crush on Nick Smith is troubling. Have I ever seen you in Chris Hansen's house before? Get over it. I much preferred Nick over Cordell--as did most of the team--but when given his chance, Nick didn't shine. Alex was then given an opportunity and made the most of it. Nick was given every chance to succeed and simply didn't perform to a level that the coaches deemed adequate. Sparty is right, your real gripe appears to be with the coachin staff. Maybe you could go discuss these matters with the Region 6-5A coach of the year...you know, the rookie head coach who took his team to the Title game after a 1-3 start? I'm sure you'd be more fit for the job than he is.

Just keep bashing everything around the program behind your screen name if you'd like. It's no secret who I am, and if you really wish to debate this, give me a call sometime

PS--Al Gore? Didn't he win the Nobel Peace Prize? I'll take it.

Ahh, name calling! What a debater you are. Perhaps you should post your address so all in agreement can send you the awards you so richly deserve for all that you have so selflessly done for Independence. Maybe a Williamson County Peace Prize?

Sorry, again I'm new to this. Which card would that be? You appear to be holding all the cards, or knowledge of them.

It's funny how you bring up my screen name from time to time. And most recently Hitbehit did as well. To be completely honest I do not care about the feelings of hsfan or partyboy or anyone else on here. I care about talking, debating, or whatever pleases you to call it about the topic at hand which would be, "How well will Independence's running game be next year?" So children let's get back to the topic at hand and forget about the feelings of other posters.

My opinion stays the same, I think they should put Heckman at running back. I also believe that the o-line will step just as they did last year with new personnel. I also think Petttigrew cannot be replaced at running back, however if Heckman gets the opportunity he will step up to the occasion. I also think they should utilized Cameron Williams speed more and get him involved on jet sweeps and other areas of the running game as well as the passing game.

And why does this opinion cause such rancor? I just can't figure it out. I happen to be in agreement here and nobody, including me, is trying to'belittle' Heckman. I happen to think he is a very talented athelete. Good luck trying to stay rational.