Carter High School

defender2

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He likes to think so! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'll stand there and look pretty on the sidelines as long as they'll let me.

Defender2, I am the coach at Alcoa, I have a feeling you play in our district, come by and introduce yourself when we play, I like meeting the CoachT family. And if you don't want me to know who you are, I understand.

I'll stand there and look pretty on the sidelines as long as they'll let me.

Defender2, I am the coach at Alcoa, I have a feeling you play in our district, come by and introduce yourself when we play, I like meeting the CoachT family. And if you don't want me to know who you are, I understand.

I'll see you next friday at the Carter/Alcoa game...can't wait for that game

I agree with sportsnut. Carter did play a lot better possession compared to last year and it's good to see Mark back in action. Although Mark did score all two goals, don't think that Mark is the offense like it was in the past. Other players had many opportunites on goal that were good shots.

Karns possessed the ball very well...when they scored the first goal to make it 2-1 with around 15 minutes left, Karns played very energized and had a lot of momentum on their side and later scored the next goal. They are a good team.

oh so mark just scores against the good teams and pads stats and scores five goals against the bad ones

what happened to stopping at a hat trick

I have to admit I am not fond of a player getting more than 3 unless you need it from them. I think Mark scored 5 in a game against william blount but the game finished in a 5-5 tie, so that is ok. I know my players hate getting pulled, but I don't see a reason to leave them out there a risk an injury.

I have to admit I am not fond of a player getting more than 3 unless you need it from them. I think Mark scored 5 in a game against william blount but the game finished in a 5-5 tie, so that is ok. I know my players hate getting pulled, but I don't see a reason to leave them out there a risk an injury.

the score against central was 8-1 at half and the coach still let him go in and score two more than a hat trick i just think that is classless but sure in a game in question i would never stop a player as you said about william blount If the game was in question but after coming back from an injury why is such a performance needed against obviously a sub par opponent

the score against central was 8-1 at half and the coach still let him go in and score two more than a hat trick i just think that is classless but sure in a game in question i would never stop a player as you said about william blount If the game was in question but after coming back from an injury why is such a performance needed against obviously a sub par opponent

i can see what you are saying and it makes sense but i don't really think i would always pull all of my players i mean come on guys this is high school soccer!!! we don't all get oranges and snacks after the game is over! if you can't handle getting stomped then you should not be playing. trust me my team has been stomped plenty of times so i'm on the bad side of the situation but if a team was really WAY better than i us i would say do whatever. people should not act like little children saying ohhhh they scored too many on us thats unfair, take your losses like a man, i have plenty of times....PLENTY of times

Yes, Mark played his first game against Central on Tuesday. He had 5 goals and 3 assists in the game.

This Carter team is different than teams in the past. This year, Carter doesn't have to run all their offense through Mark. IMO the defense of just triple teaming Mark will not work like it has in the past. I think Carter might surprise a few people as long as they keep playing possession soccer. If they resort back to the boot ball style, it will be another disappointing season.

Wrong! I watched SD play Carter in the Jamboree when Carter was playing without Mark and they shut them down, i think they had like 2 shots on goal or something. Also they have a weak defense. Oh, and they play in a weak district!

Wrong! I watched SD play Carter in the Jamboree when Carter was playing without Mark and they shut them down, i think they had like 2 shots on goal or something. Also they have a weak defense. Oh, and they play in a weak district!

No offense, but you can't take anything away from the Knox jamboree. The fields were too muddy to give any team any type of possession. The jumboree was a kick and run type teams dream, because teams like West, Farragut, Catholic, etc... couldn't possess the ball with any real success because of the field conditions. I can't even count how many times I saw teams try to pass the ball around and the ball just all of a sudden stop in a puddle and the other team was off to the races.

seems like digginditches is probably a SD player or supporter who just joined after they beat seymour and wants to do some chest thumping. Congrats on the win, but I'd be careful bashing carter when you are going to be playing them in a few weeks. And while you think our district may be weak, we have the toughest region in the state.

No offense, but you can't take anything away from the Knox jamboree. The fields were too muddy to give any team any type of possession. The jumboree was a kick and run type teams dream, because teams like West, Farragut, Catholic, etc... couldn't possess the ball with any real success because of the field conditions. I can't even count how many times I saw teams try to pass the ball around and the ball just all of a sudden stop in a puddle and the other team was off to the races.

and we can take something from the game played thursday the field was a sloppy mess there to and man what an ugly game it was on both sides south doyle just got a couple more lucky bounces than seymour but south doyle tried harder but that is what it takes in these rivalry games but i would not over look either one of these teams

Defender, our matches have always been good since I have been here, so I am also looking forward to it. Good luck this week, see you on friday night.

when is the game rescheduled for