Top Coaches from the Mid State

MrNoitAll

Great question Cascade 11 I was going to do a topic on this one so here goes from MrNoitAll. These coaches are from the Mid State only!

1. Don Freundenthal--Ezell Harding more state titles than any coach in state!

2. Gary Davis-- Lipscomb--Has been to the state 7 times and won 2 or 3 times

3. Jeff Breeden--Riverdale--Has taken two different teams to the state. Never won but has been to the big dance.

4. Lee Phillips--Goodpasture--Enough said! Will win another one this year as well!

5. Phil Burkhart--Rossview--Has taken two different teams to state. Never won but also has been to the big dance.

6. Nancy Jackson--Creek Wood---Started a new program and has been to the big dance twice! One of the best female coaches in state!

7. Phil Davidson--Father Ryan---Has won the state and will have a great chance to do it again this year!

8. David Wood--Beech---Has been to the state.

9.Kacy Pedigo--MJ has finished second two years in a row.

10. Stephen Webb from Waverly--Has won a state championship!

11.Becky Cheatham from Forrest one of the best female coaches in the state!

12. Brentwood--Jamie Chiariello has been to the state two years in a row. Excellent coach!

13. Mike Caldwell-- Hume Fogg--Has taken two different teams to state!

14. Amy Stevens--Montery--Has taken her team to state once!

15. Shane Buchanan--Dickson County has won a state championship!

16. Erica Powell--Friendship Christian has been to state two straight years.

17. Julie Head---Greenbrier has won state and been to state several times before!

18. Bobby Wyrick of Summertown. 540 Victories, 22 District Championships, two final four appearences.

19. Stacy Swinea Davidson Academy 7 trips state 2runner-ups 1state championship

20. Andy Griffin--Hendersonville---Been to the state twice.

All of these coaches have one thing in common and that is that they all have been to state! I hope I have not left anyone off from the Mid State. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Cascade 11 I HAVE NOT IDEA WHO MrsKnownothing is!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty sure that the Dope that you are on is illegal. Some of the coaches on this list leave alot to be desired, they may have state reigns but it has very little to do with them. Actually, some of the schools on the list would have more state runs if it werent for their coaches.

If you get a chance this year I hope you can go out and watch some of these teams....you will notice that ALL of these teams have winning records and are fighting for first place in their district....I am sure coaching did not have a thing to do with this! Sometimes teams dont win because of the genetics of the parents. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

If you get a chance this year I hope you can go out and watch some of these teams....you will notice that ALL of these teams have winning records and are fighting for first place in their district....I am sure coaching did not have a thing to do with this! Sometimes teams dont win because of the genetics of the parents. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

HA HA HA well said... Maybe....just maybe....coaching has a LITTLE to do with it...

I believe you left off Coach Bobby Wyrick of Summertown. 540 Victories, 22 District Championships, two final four appearences. How much about softball do you really know?

I am very sorry he is an excellent coach and a good person has been an asset to softball! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Pretty good bunch of coaches in this group. I would like to know how many "second generation" coaches are out there. I know Erica Powell from Friendship played at that school for Phil Burkhart when he coached there and I saw Andrea Dunford this past weekend at the MTSCA Tournament who also played at Friendship for Coach Burkhart and she now coaches at MLK. So by "second generation" I mean coaches who played for coaches still coaching. I think this speaks volumes about the type of influence a coach can be. I know by talking to Coach Burkhart how proud he is of these two young ladies.

Pretty good bunch of coaches in this group. I would like to know how many "second generation" coaches are out there. I know Erica Powell from Friendship played at that school for Phil Burkhart when he coached there and I saw Andrea Dunford this past weekend at the MTSCA Tournament who also played at Friendship for Coach Burkhart and she now coaches at MLK. So by "second generation" I mean coaches who played for coaches still coaching. I think this speaks volumes about the type of influence a coach can be. I know by talking to Coach Burkhart how proud he is of these two young ladies.

[/quote

Coach Burkhart is an amazing coach and he has done great things at every school where he has coached. Any softball player who plays for him is a lucky girl! Anyone who plays for him will learn not only about the game, but also about being a good Christian young lady...

I have been to a few of the FCS games and know a lot of the parents, I have heard nothing but good about there coach Erica Powell, I was not real impressed with her at the begaining of last year, but I am one of hers fans now.

I have been to a few of the FCS games and know a lot of the parents, I have heard nothing but good about there coach Erica Powell, I was not real impressed with her at the begaining of last year, but I am one of hers fans now.

Young and up coming coach! Will only get better as time goes on! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />