Top Coaches from the Mid State

MrNoitAll

I do not need to have a clinic or be clone most high school coaches do these things and more! You are right I am going to have great day and I hope that you will also because it does not look like you have very many! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />I am so sorry because I did leave out that we do practice sometimes....boy I must be more careful I almost forgot the most important things and that is dealing with parents! Have a great day! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

If you can't stand the heat from parents, get out of the kitchen. Wonder how much money some of them have spent for equipment, lessons, gas to practice and games, giving money to other kids that did not have any, keeping them at our home so they could get to games, and on top of that, paying taxes to pay your salary. I know that coaches make near to nothing, but you chose to do this profession, so do your job or stay at home.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going to add coaches who are not coaching but still teaching you must add some of the following coaches as well:

1. Coach Donna Cobb--Giles County

2. Coach Reese Hambrick--Marshall County

3. Coach Duff---Cookeville High School I do believe that Coach Duff is not teaching any more.

4. Coach Christie Brinkley--Beech High School

5. Coach Randy Sampson--Friendship Christian

Can you think of more who have been to the state!

I am so sorry that Coach Duff is unable to coach any more. He was a great coach and is a great man. You have talked about all the good coaches, lets talk about one that is not so good. I attended senior night at Cookeville High this past week and was not at all impressed with Coach Joey Jones. He has some very talented girls on this team and he seems not to know what to do with them. We live about 100 miles from Cookeville and were planning on moving there. I guess now I will drive 100 miles to work every day and let my family live where we are at. I have a daughter that will be in high school this fall and she wants to go to a school that the softball program will help her learn and advance. She is a good ball player and she wants to get better. I do not think she could do this under Coach Jones. Does any of the school personal ever go to these games and watch Coach Jones? Probably not as he is still prentending to coach.

I am so sorry that Coach Duff is unable to coach any more. He was a great coach and is a great man. You have talked about all the good coaches, lets talk about one that is not so good. I attended senior night at Cookeville High this past week and was not at all impressed with Coach Joey Jones. He has some very talented girls on this team and he seems not to know what to do with them. We live about 100 miles from Cookeville and were planning on moving there. I guess now I will drive 100 miles to work every day and let my family live where we are at. I have a daughter that will be in high school this fall and she wants to go to a school that the softball program will help her learn and advance. She is a good ball player and she wants to get better. I do not think she could do this under Coach Jones. Does any of the school personal ever go to these games and watch Coach Jones? Probably not as he is still prentending to coach.

Let me add that when coach Duff retired from coaching, softball lost a great man and fine coach. I have had the privilege of talking softball strategy with Coach Duff many times over the last two years, and I learn something from every conversation. I will make no comment on Coach Jones, as I do not have enough information to fairly judge him. I will say that you might have other alternatives in Putnam County, Monterey has had a good SB program for several years and I believe Baxter is in the process of building another good team.

Listen, you are only as good as your travel ball programs during the summer. Everyone of these coaches have good travelball programs during the summer. Coach Breeden, I believe, coaches his own travelball team. You are only as good as the athletes that are given to you each year. There's an old saying, you can't squeeze blood from a turnip. Coffee county and Columbia are not as good as in years past. Why, did their coaches forget how to coach? They just don't have the talent as they have in the past.

Excuse me??? Don't have the talent??? Tell CC fans and players that after taking 1st in the tournament this weekend...lets see...who all did the lady raiders beat????? Rutledge, Baylor, Marion Co..oh and lets not forget Hendersonville and Mount Juliet in the Championship game!!! I will also remind you that this team has only 2 seniors and the starting pitcher is a Junior who is averaging 8 or so strike outs per game...no talent you say??? Obviously you have not been watching these girls!!!!!!

Excuse me??? Don't have the talent??? Tell CC fans and players that after taking 1st in the tournament this weekend...lets see...who all did the lady raiders beat????? Rutledge, Baylor, Marion Co..oh and lets not forget Hendersonville and Mount Juliet in the Championship game!!! I will also remind you that this team has only 2 seniors and the starting pitcher is a Junior who is averaging 8 or so strike outs per game...no talent you say??? Obviously you have not been watching these girls!!!!!!

Spinitology - (verb), the art of spinning ones conversation to attempt to make people believe that you won due to sheer talent, as opposed to winning due to bracketology.

In fairness to Robotman, the post you quoted was made on April 8th. CC wasn't playing good ball at that time and was hoovering near the cellar in the district. I think the absence of some players for the Border Battle Tournament was the turning point for your season. Some lesser used girls were able to prove their worth and it helped create competition and depth on the team. To their credit, they have turned things around in the last three weeks and will be one of the favorites entering the district tournament.

Granted Coach Duff left some big shoes for anyone to fill but I'd have to agree that the program in Cookeville has left alot to be desired the last several years. I've heard from a couple of parents who have children on the team that Coach Jones may not be back next year. If my daughter was serious about playing softball, I would hesitate to make the move that would send her into a program that is struggling. Your daughter might get discouraged and not want to play at all.

Below is the link to a nice article about Coach Duff that I found the other day when in a discussion about how many seasons he coached. It's evident that he touched many lives.

http://www.cookevillecavaliers.com/thechar...balllegend.html

Granted Coach Duff left some big shoes for anyone to fill but I'd have to agree that the program in Cookeville has left alot to be desired the last several years. I've heard from a couple of parents who have children on the team that Coach Jones may not be back next year. If my daughter was serious about playing softball, I would hesitate to make the move that would send her into a program that is struggling. Your daughter might get discouraged and not want to play at all.

Below is the link to a nice article about Coach Duff that I found the other day when in a discussion about how many seasons he coached. It's evident that he touched many lives.

http://www.cookevillecavaliers.com/thechar...balllegend.html

I HAVE ALSO TALKED TO SOME OF THE PARENTS WHO HAVE GIRLS ON COOKEVILLES TEAM, AND THEY SAID THAT COACH JONES HAS NO DISCIPLINE ON THE TEAM. THEY SAID THAT HE HAS LOST GOOD PLAYERS ALL YEAR BECAUSE HE LETS SOME PLAYERS AND SOME PARENTS CALL THE SHOTS. THIS IS MAYBE WHY THIS TEAM HAS STRUGGLED ALL YEAR.

Spinitology - (verb), the art of spinning ones conversation to attempt to make people believe that you won due to sheer talent, as opposed to winning due to bracketology.

If your team was so full of talent then why didn't they win. If they were so good and coffee county has a lack of talent why didn't MJ run rule them or even just score more? Are you telling me that your bracketology theory also prevents opponents from doing their job and beating the other team. Or are you saying that the umps caused your team to not outscore CC in all those innings. Give me a break. Quit whining and accept what it is, that night CC was the better team.

If your team was so full of talent then why didn't they win. If they were so good and coffee county has a lack of talent why didn't MJ run rule them or even just score more? Are you telling me that your bracketology theory also prevents opponents from doing their job and beating the other team. Or are you saying that the umps caused your team to not outscore CC in all those innings. Give me a break. Quit whining and accept what it is, that night CC was the better team.

VERY well said!!

I HAVE ALSO TALKED TO SOME OF THE PARENTS WHO HAVE GIRLS ON COOKEVILLES TEAM, AND THEY SAID THAT COACH JONES HAS NO DISCIPLINE ON THE TEAM. THEY SAID THAT HE HAS LOST GOOD PLAYERS ALL YEAR BECAUSE HE LETS SOME PLAYERS AND SOME PARENTS CALL THE SHOTS. THIS IS MAYBE WHY THIS TEAM HAS STRUGGLED ALL YEAR.

Coach Jones quit at the end of the year, that would be a year to late for the players he let go or got rid of. He has had this team now for 3 losing season and are not getting any better under his direction, mybe Mr Shanks needs to replace this coach and get somebody who can get this program playing as a team and stop all the DRAMA that plagues this team year after year. When you are losing good players every year because of the coach then something is wrong. But I dont think he will quit as his daughter still has 2 more years of playing time left, mybe then what do you think!