Catcher's blocking plate

hits123

I stand corrected.

Also, when does the 10 second count begin for hitter and pitcher?

I don't have my NFHS rulebook with me, but USSSA.COM has their rulebook available online and their pitching rule states the pitcher has 20 seconds from the time she receives the ball to deliver her next pitch. I'd expect high school to be similiar. I'll have to look that up later to be sure.

http://www.usssa.com/usssa/usssa-general/2008FPRuleBook.pdf Page 33 under the pitching rules section.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Want to stop that girls from walking halfway down to third base between pitches? Have your pitcher go ahead and deliver the ball. The batter must keep one foot in the batter's box or call time to cease play

Good luck with that, the only place I have seen this rule enforced is at ASA Nationals..........I guarantee you TSSAA umpires will not call the pitch.

Good rule, but not enough umpires will enforce it, kind of like the TSSAA rocking rule for pitchers! Go ahead step back as far as you like..................

I don't have my NFHS rulebook with me, but USSSA.COM has their rulebook available online and their pitching rule states the pitcher has 20 seconds from the time she receives the ball to deliver her next pitch. I'd expect high school to be similiar. I'll have to look that up later to be sure.http://www.usssa.com/usssa/usssa-general/2008FPRuleBook.pdf Page 33 under the pitching rules section.

It's 10 seconds.

Want to stop that girls from walking halfway down to third base between pitches? Have your pitcher go ahead and deliver the ball. The batter must keep one foot in the batter's box or call time to cease play

That's baseball. You don't have to have one foot in the box. You have 10 seconds to get back into the box from the time the pitcher receives the ball.

I don't have my NFHS rulebook with me, but USSSA.COM has their rulebook available online and their pitching rule states the pitcher has 20 seconds from the time she receives the ball to deliver her next pitch. I'd expect high school to be similiar. I'll have to look that up later to be sure.

http://www.usssa.com/usssa/usssa-general/2008FPRuleBook.pdf Page 33 under the pitching rules section.

I may be wrong but I believe TSSAA plays by ASA rules for the most part. Except for the rocking pitcher........

It's 10 seconds.That's baseball. You don't have to have one foot in the box. You have 10 seconds to get back into the box from the time the pitcher receives the ball.

If it is 10, Antwan, it isn't enforced.

It is 20 seconds to deliver the pitch...but 1 to 10 after yours hands come together.

Yes! I will agree with that.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If it is 10, Antwan, it isn't enforced.Yes! I will agree with that.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That could be...but that's what the rule is. This is copied from the NFHS site.

2008 NFHS SOFTBALL RULES CHANGES

3-2-11

Players permitted to wear metal cleats and metal toe plates.

3-6-7

Penalty

The head coach will now be restricted to the dugout, in addition to the offender, when a second unreported substitution occurs.

7-3-1

Requires the batter to take her position in the batter's box within 10 seconds after the ball is returned to the pitcher.

That could be...but that's what the rule is. This is copied from the NFHS site.

2008 NFHS SOFTBALL RULES CHANGES

3-2-11

Players permitted to wear metal cleats and metal toe plates.

3-6-7

Penalty

The head coach will now be restricted to the dugout, in addition to the offender, when a second unreported substitution occurs.

7-3-1

Requires the batter to take her position in the batter's box within 10 seconds after the ball is returned to the pitcher.

We are getting our wires crossed on these rules, but I think we are saying the same thing.

The BATTER has 10 seconds to return to box after pitcher receives the ball.

The PITCHER has 20 seconds to deliver her next pitch after receiving the ball from the catcher.

We are getting our wires crossed on these rules, but I think we are saying the same thing.

The BATTER has 10 seconds to return to box after pitcher receives the ball.

The PITCHER has 20 seconds to deliver her next pitch after receiving the ball from the catcher.

No wires crossed for me. Those are the rules. The pitcher also has 1 to 10 seconds to deliver after her hands

come together. There is no one foot in the box rule.