Karns VS. Lenoir City

UTbound08

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok you're a year before I came. Well this year we are extremely young (3 starting freshman) but we have a well rounded team, I think. We lost our entire d plus Camden last season so we had alot to make up for but I think McLean did a good job. We beat Anderson co 3-2 early on, we didn't play well at all but then a few days later we played at catholic. Our toughest test for sure and we held them scoreless with about 15 to go and they snuck one by. Then we played at west and they scored early on off a tanner throw in but we held them 1 nothing til the end when jack hit a nice shot upper 90. We just couldn't find the net in either game. Carter was next and we gave up a pk and a free kick, both put away by sherrod. Last 15 minutes we pick it up and score off a corner and another Mohammed goal to tie. That about sums it up so far. Anything else you wanna know?

Sounds good.... I guess everyone on this team was right before my time. UTbound if you heard anything about the seniors who played when you were an 8th grade then you probolly did hear about me. Karns has never prided themselves in soccer. It's a shame. I do know that while i was there, we made it to regions (something never done before by the Beavers). We were always overshadowed though by power houses like Farragut and Bearden. Never beat OR though and i was very happy to see that. Karns had never beat OR before.... and OR has always played in the district finals (not last year). Actually now to think about it only one goal was scored against OR before i had entered high school and only two in my career. I'm glad to see that the program is finally getting thing together, but when Mike leaves who steps in? Is Barns still there?

I did hear some about you guys my freshman year from the seniors. Barnes last year was last year. He left because he got married to the trainer Breyenne (idk if you remember her) and he was coaching other teams with the impact. So for the last couple years Henkel, if you can imagine that, has been coaching JV and helping out with us on varsity. But tying and beating OR last year was huge for us because they were a pretty good team last year and it gave us a ticket to regions. We lost pretty bad in the district champ. and the regions game against farragut but it was still pretty cool to make it that far, since it never really happens. Nobody knows right now who is gonna coach next year because Mike and Henkel are both going to HV. Mike told us it was for family and personal reasons that he is leaving and there are quite a few of the Karns players now who will be going over there with him so they should have a decent team. We play halls tonight (BIG RIVALRY) at home so it should be fun.

What time is the game utbound? maybe i'll show up.... Oh and trust me..... that rivelary is DEEPER then you probolly know. There coach was at Karns from my freshman year till my junior year. It was fun to play against him my senior year, but the only time during my career we lost to them (heartbreaking). Only team i was more excited to play was Powell.

lol Henkial..... i love that guy. We have some good memories together.... If my memory serves me right i camped with him at Furman, him or his brother. Henkial grew into his own, lost alot of weight but never saw results from it (if that makes sense).

As for making region, it was Karns third time in history. Yes, that is a very big deal for us! Karns has had great players in the past (two that i heard of that went on to play D-I ball at Duke), but never had good teams. Always one step away.

hey gooner..... was your first year at karns the first year that Johnston coached? i think we might have played together if so. Johnston's first year was my senior year.

The first year i played was my sophomore year...i didnt play my freshman cause i wanted to play club more...but i think my sophomore year was johnstons second year there....

gooner.... pretty sure i know who you are. your freshman year was my senior year. if you are who i think, then i would have LOVED to have a freshman like you to play the ball to. unfortinitly your club team was very talented and i believe a year younger so you had the option to play ethier and i do not blame you for that. I did have a chance to play an indoor game with you once and like i said i would have loved it if you played my senior year. If you don't mind telling me where you ended up playing.... If you are who i think you are then i should know where you went. just checking if i am right.

and i assume tonights game is cancelled? it's raining where i am and if it rains here it usually rains in k-town.