South Pittsburg Dream Team

TheProphet1

Ok guys here is the rules:

The teams to choose from are 94. 99. and 07

The player had to play that position on their respective teams.

Player cannot start both ways.

Here are the positions- QB-1, TB-1, HB/Wing-1, FB- 1, TE-1, WR- 1, T-2, G-2, C-1, P-1, K-1

DE-2, DT-2, OLB-2, MLB-1, CB-2, S-2

Just thought this would be interesting and create something to talk about

Here goes my choices

QB-P.Hutchins-94

TB-Pickett-99

HB-Griffith-99

FB-Robinson-07

WR-R. Witherspoon-07

TE-Blevins-99

T-Cardin-94

T-Garrett-07

G-Rodin-07

G-Haskew-99

C-Stone-94

P-Beavers-94

K-Bonner-94

DE-Mcamey-07

DE-Mayfield-94

DT-Berryhill-94

DT-Chambers-99

OLB-D.Jones-07

OLB-V.Banks-94

MLB-Stone-99

CB-McCarver-94

CB-Jackson-99

S-Starkey-99

S-Green-94

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i go to disagree on the halfback thing.Corey Tipton 94 had back to back 200oyds seasons.Hewas also offensive MVP his jr.year 94 in championship game.Sorry Ronnie was a good back.Tipton was 1 of the greatest at the Pitt

Here are the positions- QB-1, TB-1, HB/Wing-1, FB- 1, TE-1, WR- 1, T-2, G-2, C-1, P-1, K-1

Here goes my choices

QB-P.Hutchins-94

TB-Pickett-99

HB-Griffith-99

FB-Robinson-07

WR-R. Witherspoon-07

TE-Blevins-99

T-Cardin-94

T-Garrett-07

G-Rodin-07

G-Haskew-99

C-Stone-94

P-Beavers-94

K-Bonner-94

DE-Mcamey-07

DE-Mayfield-94

DT-Berryhill-94

DT-Chambers-99

OLB-D.Jones-07

OLB-V.Banks-94

MLB-Stone-99

CB-McCarver-94

CB-Jackson-99

S-Starkey-99

S-Green-94

Here goes my choices

QB-P.Hutchins-94

TB-Pickett-99

HB-Griffith-99 ------ OP says David Jones -07- simply more speed and power

FB-Robinson-07

WR-R. Witherspoon-07

TE-Blevins-99

T-Cardin-94

T-Garrett-07

G-Rodin-07

G-Haskew-99

C-Stone-94

P-Beavers-94

K-Bonner-94

DE-Mcamey-07

DE-Mayfield-94

DT-Berryhill-94

DT-Chambers-99

OLB-D.Jones-07 ----- OP says, Marcus Banks -94- far more tackles- simply tough player

OLB-V.Banks-94

MLB-Stone-99

CB-McCarver-94

CB-Jackson-99 ------ OP says not sure with this pick either, will have to think further

S-Starkey-99

S-Green-94

Old Pirate says great list of players, but the best........... all purpose player ever.......................... @ SP was the man..................... Jim Wigfall!

Corey was a Tailback, Ronnie was a Halfback...Come on you should know that..Power I has a fullback, halfback that block for Tailback..So the question would be if you disagree with Sam over Corey which also had 2000 yard season and 6 TD MVP performance in the state.

the defense's aren't even the same from 94,99,07.come on u should know that a wing t offense has two wingback's and a fullback.i'm going with best back period.no way to compare running a 3/5 front to a 4/3 front on defense.as well as comparing a wing t offense with a power-i.and who was the best back on the 07 squad anyway?really the best back...

the defense's aren't even the same from 94,99,07.come on u should know that a wing t offense has two wingback's and a fullback.i'm going with best back period.no way to compare running a 3/5 front to a 4/3 front on defense.as well as comparing a wing t offense with a power-i.and who was the best back on the 07 squad anyway?really the best back...

Old Pirate will answer this question, "who was the best back on the 07 squad anyway?really the best back... "

Robert Robinson simple answer, he showed up every game and never missed a beat. David Jones has yet to prove his durability,probably attempts way to many cuts instead just plowing ahead. These cuts are extremely hard on the ankles. Montrell Mitchell was hendered by a nagging knee/ankle sprain and Bibbs missed most of the season.

SO..... Robert has to be considerd "realy the best back" one has to gage what happens on the field not potential.

The best all around football player on the 07 team had to be David Jones.He had the best combination of speed,power,size and his cutting ability is what really makes this kid special.Old Pirate you have to consider that Jones was only a Junior and has one more year to make us Pirate fans happy.........

Old Pirate says Sports Dad #1, it still comes down to production on the field, results and durabilty are vidal. OP knows David has tremendous potential and talent. Special......... you better believe it and OP is NOT attempting to be negative but it boils down to production. OP's response was to the question, "who was really the best back on the 2007 team? OP says this should be his year similar to what Sam Picket went thru.