Top Softball Fields in Mid State by MrNoitAll

MrNoitAll

1. Lincoln County by far! Has a great atmosphere for softball! I wish others were as nice as LC! This field is in a class by themselves!!! They also play some football there as well.

2. Coffee County is second and they have a very good atmosphere as well. At times the grass isn??™t as nice as LC but very nice place to play.

3. Warren County is third with all of the trees and plants and it drains great on a rainy day. A lot of work has been done on this field as well as the other top 2.

4. Rossview has an excellent field and the dugouts are really nice. Super facilities for players to dress and to store equipment. Needs more room for the concession stand and stands, batting cage is to close to playing field. Still very nice.

5. Riverdale also has an excellent field, sometimes the grass needs work on it in the outfield (I have not been there yet but will be later) EXCELLENT press box! Very nice concession stand and a very nice hitting area away from the field. Only problems is when it rains water does stand in the dugouts.

6. Cookeville is an excellent place where they have good parking. The field is always in excellent shape but needs a concession stand.

7. Oakland has been doing a lot of work on their fields and it is being to look nicer. A very long way to go to look as nice as LC field! But they are working on it.

8. Siegel has a very nice concession stand; field at times needs work on it, saw it the other day not perfect yet but will look better as the year goes on! Nice bathroom facilities for the fans.

9. Creek Wood has a great infield and outfield, the outside of the fence could be better but and excellent place to play with good atmosphere as well. Bathrooms and concession to far away. Needs to get a press box.

10. Blackman is a nice place to play. I parking is a little far away, need a concession stand and bathrooms closer.

11. Forrest---I have been told it is one of the nicest fields in the mid state as well. A friend of a friend said it was and I am sure it is!

12. BGA---I was told that they have a very nice field also.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You did good with your picks of top softball fields. Im not saying i agree with you in order you picked but have to say you did your homework. But i must ask you why you think its so cute with your remarks about different schools when you make a statement. Everybody knows Lincoln County is known for its football but do you have to keep throwing it in the faces of these young girls. Im taking from what ive read you coach youth sports so how can you feel good about yourselve when you lay down at night knowing you have come on here and hurt some young ladys feelings. Im big boy so attack me or other adults if thats how you turn yourselve on each day but come on man or woman give the kids a break. And dont come back saying you havent attacked anyone personally cause you have indirectly attacked many many young ladys on here daily. Now ive said my peace. I have ignored your low class comments for weeks now and will ignore them from now on but i just had to say one more time,lighten up on here. There is absolutely no reason to get on and bash daily and you do even though you try to say you dont. You seem to be very knowledgable of the game of softball so let us hear it from the positive side. Most people on here are here for positive even though i realize there are some get on here to see your daily remarks for a laugh but those people also need help. Again i am done trying to figure you out and as far as im concerned your history unless you can come across with positive remarks. Just list your daily winners not losers ,why would that be so hard to do. Hey hope you can get on here and show you really do care for these young ladys. We all have our faults but we all forgive,reach back deep and come on as a positive lover of softball YOU CAN DO IT I KNOW YOU CAN!

Your picks all involved bigger schools which you'd expect. Forrest High School has the nicest facility I've seen from a 1A level and could rival most schools of any size. They've put a lot of work into that field and it shows. I absolutely love the atmosphere over there. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Your picks all involved bigger schools which you'd expect. Forrest High School has the nicest facility I've seen from a 1A level and could rival most schools of any size. They've put a lot of work into that field and it shows. I absolutely love the atmosphere over there. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I trust u Cascade11 and I have never seen the field but I do know that the people in Chapel Hill loves their softball and I am sure it is very nice! I will go back and add it to the list! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I trust u Cascade11 and I have never seen the field but I do know that the people in Chapel Hill loves their softball and I am sure it is very nice! I will go back and add it to the list! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I have been to most of the fields listed and all are nice. I would have to put Forrest first and Riverdale second.

Another excellent facility is at FRA. Field outstanding as are the dugouts. Other amenities are lacking, but the playing surface is most important. Also fun to see HRs hit the interstate on ramp.

How about worst facilities? A lot of metro schools would qualify

I have been to most of the fields listed and all are nice. I would have to put Forrest first and Riverdale second.

Another excellent facility is at FRA. Field outstanding as are the dugouts. Other amenities are lacking, but the playing surface is most important. Also fun to see HRs hit the interstate on ramp.

How about worst facilities? A lot of metro schools would qualify

Very good point MrNoitAll will list those as well because you are right metro will win that contest! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

5. Riverdale also has an excellent field, sometimes the grass needs work on it in the outfield (I have not been there yet but will be later) EXCELLENT press box! Very nice concession stand and a very nice hitting area away from the field. Only problems is when it rains water does stand in the dugouts.

If you have not been there how do you know so much about it.

I'll put Rossview, Lincoln Co., Coffee Co. as 3 of the top. Lincoln Co. needs a better PA guy he always has trouble with names. Coffee Co. needs better parking. Forrest is the top small school. Baylor school is one of the best. I know it's private but I give credit where credit is due.

If you have not been there how do you know so much about it.

I'll put Rossview, Lincoln Co., Coffee Co. as 3 of the top. Lincoln Co. needs a better PA guy he always has trouble with names. Coffee Co. needs better parking. Forrest is the top small school. Baylor school is one of the best. I know it's private but I give credit where credit is due.

I did not say that I had not been at Riverdale's field just have not been there this year. But the best field in the Mid State and maybe the state would be the folks down at LC. That is where they make great sandwiches and also play a little football on Friday night! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I haven't been there in a few years (my daughter graduated in 2003) but Coffee County's field/stadium and set-up was pretty impressive.

As for Baylor's field, first, Baylor (Chattanooga) is not in the mid-state last time I checked. Second, it is nice and they do a good job, but it is nothing special IMHO.

I did not say that I had not been at Riverdale's field just have not been there this year. But the best field in the Mid State and maybe the state would be the folks down at LC. That is where they make great sandwiches and also play a little football on Friday night! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Sorry but you did not say this year or any other year you just said you had not been there.

I haven't been there in a few years (my daughter graduated in 2003) but Coffee County's field/stadium and set-up was pretty impressive.

As for Baylor's field, first, Baylor (Chattanooga) is not in the mid-state last time I checked. Second, it is nice and they do a good job, but it is nothing special IMHO.

My mistake you are right. I know the coach just throwing them a bone.

Coffee Co. is nice, I now Baylor plays there just about every year.