Who and when was the last Lebanon Coach to beat Riverdale

RUBlind!!!

Good job to the coach at Lebanon! He has been moving that team in the right direction since he arrived. The previous coach left the team in ruins. Many kids transferred to FCS. Looks like he has righted the ship. Good job coach! If things keep going well this year maybe LHS will finally give a baseball coach the respect he deserves instead of a pink slip. This guy is a top notch guy in all respects of the game. I wish him and his team the best of luck the rest of the year.

Who was the last LHS coach and year to beat a varsity Riverdale team?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job to the coach at Lebanon! He has been moving that team in the right direction since he arrived. The previous coach left the team in ruins. Many kids transferred to FCS. Looks like he has righted the ship. Good job coach! If things keep going well this year maybe LHS will finally give a baseball coach the respect he deserves instead of a pink slip. This guy is a top notch guy in all respects of the game. I wish him and his team the best of luck the rest of the year.

Who was the last LHS coach and year to beat a varsity Riverdale team?

It might have been Rodney Martin in 1994 or 1995, not sure!

It might have been Rodney Martin in 1994 or 1995, not sure!

I wonder if Coach B or if Cach Hunt got a w against them. If not then this win was like Navy's win over Notre Dame. Good win for LHS. I was on the '96 squad that started the losing streak. I remember it well. They went nuts when they beat us. I believe that was Powers 1st or second year. Coach G. was our coach that year. He took over after Coach Martin took a job at his old almamater in KY.

LHS has not won a single game since Coach Rodney Martin left the program. They also have not won a football game since Mark Medley (sp) has left.

Here is the issue...does it really matter? What happened in the "glory days" is the past...what happened yesterday is the past. I am not certain, but just how far did Coach Martin's teams go? When I got to Lebanon, I am sure they had a team that finished second to one of the state champion Oakland teams.

The current coach will be more popular when he is gone than he is now. Support he and the players, especially if you are a parent.

If you will do just a little research, you will see there has been baseball since Coach Martin left the program.

Are you sure that was not Derp? He could light up the radar gun like a Christmas Tree.

Yeah that's true. He was a good one too. I don't remember when Adcock grad. You'd know better than me. I'd bet on either Adcock or Allison to have beat them atleast once a piece. I'd take the field with either one of those kids.

Yeah that's true. He was a good one too. I don't remember when Adcock grad. You'd know better than me. I'd bet on either Adcock or Allison to have beat them atleast once a piece. I'd take the field with either one of those kids.

I don't remember what I had at lunch today, let alone 2001. Brent was a sophomore in 99 and LHS swept RHS that year. If my math is correct, he was a senior in 01. Derek may have been a sophomore in 01. We should start a "What was your funniest Lebanon baseball story?"

Were you on the trip to Lexington to play Q when G was the head man?

I don't remember what I had at lunch today, let alone 2001. Brent was a sophomore in 99 and LHS swept RHS that year. If my math is correct, he was a senior in 01. Derek may have been a sophomore in 01. We should start a "What was your funniest Lebanon baseball story?"Were you on the trip to Lexington to play Q when G was the head man?

Yup! I was in that smoking new van!

I don't remember what I had at lunch today, let alone 2001. Brent was a sophomore in 99 and LHS swept RHS that year. If my math is correct, he was a senior in 01. Derek may have been a sophomore in 01. We should start a "What was your funniest Lebanon baseball story?"Were you on the trip to Lexington to play Q when G was the head man?

We never quite got to that line on the locker wall. I didn't have any stinkin gutz bout me!

Yup! I was in that smoking new van!We never quite got to that line on the locker wall. I didn't have any stinkin gutz bout me!

How about those sandbox spitters in the locker room?

How about Van #2 and the AM jam riding shotgun was "can I scream one time?"

How about those sandbox spitters in the locker room?

How about Van #2 and the AM jam riding shotgun was "can I scream one time?"

One of the funniest quotes of the g-man that year "you may not be a very good team but you're fun to watch". I remember sitting there thinking WHAT!!!

One other funny memory was of S. Jones. Crusty's dad. He helped some during our summer ball games. He came out wearing a two button jersey. The two buttons were undone and had a chei pet growing out of his jersey. He had on a pair of what looked to be babe ruth league pants 2-3 sizes too small. He looked like he was trying out for the nut cracker. He had black dress socks on and dress shoes. We all died laughing at him and he said in his gruff voice "yall shut the heck up". That was great!!!! Wish you could have seen that one!