Union City people...MJ Brown?

VolsMahoney

I agree /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> MJ is good but that good. Did you know Taylor King from Duke and Ben Hansbrough from Miss. State are transfereing. Hansbrough wants to play for Missouri (but could go elswhere) and King may go to Gonzaga or Villanova.

I think Taylor King is only transferring cause he knows that most everyone on the Duke team is coming back and he will be riding the bench again... and as for Ben Hansbrough I can't understand that one, but I would say UNC would be a good team, but big brother will be gone by the time he is eligible to play... Miss St. has a good team returning why would he leave that unless he is home sick and wants to be closer to home? That is the only logical reason I could come up with!

Yankees, wanna know something I noticed during tourney time... Popular Bluff, MO (Hansbrough Brothers' H.S.) their colors are that North Carolina blue & Mississippi St. maroon and the Hansbrough Brothers went to UNC and Miss. St. so during tourney time I was wearing my Popular Bluff hat for both Hansbroughs!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Taylor King is only transferring cause he knows that most everyone on the Duke team is coming back and he will be riding the bench again... and as for Ben Hansbrough I can't understand that one, but I would say UNC would be a good team, but big brother will be gone by the time he is eligible to play... Miss St. has a good team returning why would he leave that unless he is home sick and wants to be closer to home? That is the only logical reason I could come up with!

Yankees, wanna know something I noticed during tourney time... Popular Bluff, MO (Hansbrough Brothers' H.S.) their colors are that North Carolina blue & Mississippi St. maroon and the Hansbrough Brothers went to UNC and Miss. St. so during tourney time I was wearing my Popular Bluff hat for both Hansbroughs!

Poplar Bluff's colors are maroon and white. The Carolina blue and maroon is just a big Tyler tribute/ marketing thing. I graduated from PB in 1980 and the colors have been maroon and white for as long as I can remember.....

As for Ben, he's not been very happy in Starkville since the summer BEFORE his freshman year. He came close to returning before that season to play at Three Rivers and there were rumors o'plenty about him transferring last summer... I'm not sure why he's disgruntled there, but he finally decided to leave. It must be pretty bad for someone who loves to play as much as he does to sit out a year.....

Poplar Bluff's colors are maroon and white. The Carolina blue and maroon is just a big Tyler tribute/ marketing thing. I graduated from PB in 1980 and the colors have been maroon and white for as long as I can remember.....

As for Ben, he's not been very happy in Starkville since the summer BEFORE his freshman year. He came close to returning before that season to play at Three Rivers and there were rumors o'plenty about him transferring last summer... I'm not sure why he's disgruntled there, but he finally decided to leave. It must be pretty bad for someone who loves to play as much as he does to sit out a year.....

Yeah the hat i was talking about was the Carolina blue with Miss. St. maroon letters PB on the front and they letters are outlined in white... I seriously have the worst memory of almost everyone I know when I got the hat where I got it the people told me that it was a Tyler tribute and I just forgot! My Bad!

Pearl has offered walk-on spots the last couple years. He offered McNairy Central's Ken Bingham a walk-on spot but he went Three Rivers CC and he also offered Adamsville's Brett Jackson a walk-on spot. Jackson committed to University of North Alabama but he took the walk-on spot at UT and red-shirted this year.

Pearl has offered walk-on spots the last couple years. He offered McNairy Central's Ken Bingham a walk-on spot but he went Three Rivers CC and he also offered Adamsville's Brett Jackson a walk-on spot. Jackson committed to University of North Alabama but he took the walk-on spot at UT and red-shirted this year.

Marq Murden from Middelton was a walk-on at UTLofton 2006/2007 but was not on the roster this season. Bingham had academic problems and had to go to three rivers (not saying he wasn't offered a spot though). I am almost certain Maryland called and wanted to see his transcripts but the grades were just not there.

I hear that the elder sisco will not return next year and that his son does not want to stay by himself. He is trying to get MJ to go to UTM so that he can go as an assistant.

I don't mean this in a bad way but I would hope and think he would want to stand on his own and get out of the old mans shadows. I'm not sure he would have had as much success without his father on the sidelines. I wonder what an assistant at UTM makes? I can see wanting to coach in college as opposed to highschool. The learning curve will be a whole lot different because one of the primary jobs for an assistant college coach is recruiting and he dosen't have any experience recruiting. With his ties to the west tn area maybe he could get kids to go to UTM instead of Murray, TN Tech, Austin Peay, and the other OVC schools but it would still be a tough sell. UTM athletics lags behind just about every school in the OVC in terms of budget, facilites, fitness centers , and everything else.

Do you think the story is credible or just rumor?

I read a statement from MJ himself last week that said he would make an announcement by the end of this week. I guees he is putting it off another week. He said it was down to SEMO and UTM. I also read that W Kentucky might be making a move on MJ but I'm not sure about that. W Kentucky has a new coach and staff and it's kinda late in the game for them, but who knows.

I don't mean this in a bad way but I would hope and think he would want to stand on his own and get out of the old mans shadows. I'm not sure he would have had as much success without his father on the sidelines. I wonder what an assistant at UTM makes? I can see wanting to coach in college as opposed to highschool. The learning curve will be a whole lot different because one of the primary jobs for an assistant college coach is recruiting and he dosen't have any experience recruiting. With his ties to the west tn area maybe he could get kids to go to UTM instead of Murray, TN Tech, Austin Peay, and the other OVC schools but it would still be a tough sell. UTM athletics lags behind just about every school in the OVC in terms of budget, facilites, fitness centers , and everything else.

Do you think the story is credible or just rumor?

The source was pretty sure that the elder Sisco was not coming back next year. I am not sure how credible the part about the younger Sisco is. How successful was he before his dad began helping?