Webb vs Baylor

spartansoccer

they haven't played defense together all four years but they definitely have played all four of them, and no I agree that Baylor has a strong defense, I'm just saying I don't think they will be able to catch hutchins if he slips through that flat 4. But from the past years teams have had trouble with baylor defense and Webb probably will tommorow. Webb does have a new keeper this year and based on the past few games he has done really well for his inexperience. If Webb can keep up with Baylor the whole game, I say they will pull out a goal or two. Webb 1-0 victory over the raidersthey haven't played defense together all four years but they definitely have played all four of them, and no I agree that Baylor has a strong defense, I'm just saying I don't think they will be able to catch hutchins if he slips through that flat 4. But from the past years teams have had trouble with baylor defense and Webb probably will tommorow. Webb does have a new keeper this year and based on the past few games he has done really well for his inexperience. If Webb can keep up with Baylor the whole game, I say they will pull out a goal or two. Webb 1-0 victory over the raiders

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the clarification. Baylor's back four has not played together all four years either. Chris Wilson and Andrew Roden have played defense for a couple of years together...they are very tough. Both seniors. The other two are new to the backfield this year. Junior Kelly Griffin and sophomore Walker Fitzgerald are the other two. I agree it should be a great game. Hope the rain holds off.

they haven't played defense together all four years but they definitely have played all four of them, and no I agree that Baylor has a strong defense, I'm just saying I don't think they will be able to catch hutchins if he slips through that flat 4. But from the past years teams have had trouble with baylor defense and Webb probably will tommorow. Webb does have a new keeper this year and based on the past few games he has done really well for his inexperience. If Webb can keep up with Baylor the whole game, I say they will pull out a goal or two. Webb 1-0 victory over the raidersthey haven't played defense together all four years but they definitely have played all four of them, and no I agree that Baylor has a strong defense, I'm just saying I don't think they will be able to catch hutchins if he slips through that flat 4. But from the past years teams have had trouble with baylor defense and Webb probably will tommorow. Webb does have a new keeper this year and based on the past few games he has done really well for his inexperience. If Webb can keep up with Baylor the whole game, I say they will pull out a goal or two. Webb 1-0 victory over the raiders

• 2 weeks later...

OK....a hugh region game at Baylor May 1st as the Spartans travel to Baylor. Baylor and McCallie tied 0-0. McCallie beat Webb 2-0. A win by both Webb and Baylor is needed this week for sure. I really don't understand how the new region will play out since Middle/East is combined. I realize that we (Webb) can't get the top seed....but can get 2nd seed with a win over the Red Raiders. I know that Baylor can get top seed or 2nd seed with a win over Webb. Is it set up by goal differential? Do all 3 teams have an opportunity to advance? Anyone with knowledge please help me out here. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

spartansoccer I don't know how it is set up but you are right about this being a hugh region game. I had heard something about possiblly being goal differential....but not sure. Looking for a great game with alot on the line. Maybe someone will come on here with the specifics...as this is a somewhat new format.

OK....a hugh region game at Baylor May 1st as the Spartans travel to Baylor. Baylor and McCallie tied 0-0. McCallie beat Webb 2-0. A win by both Webb and Baylor is needed this week for sure. I really don't understand how the new region will play out since Middle/East is combined. I realize that we (Webb) can't get the top seed....but can get 2nd seed with a win over the Red Raiders. I know that Baylor can get top seed or 2nd seed with a win over Webb. Is it set up by goal differential? Do all 3 teams have an opportunity to advance? Anyone with knowledge please help me out here. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />