Webb vs Baylor

spartansoccer

This is the way I understand it. If Baylor wins tonight they will be either the #1 or #2 seed depending on the score. If Webb were to win they would be the #2 seed and would host Baylor next Tuesday in sectionals. If Baylor wins 3-0 they are the #1 seed and I think would host their first sectional game. Making McCallie 2nd seed. If Baylor wins 2-0 it is a tie with McCallie and (I hate this) would have a coin toss with them for 1st seed. A Red Raider 1-0 win would just give them 2nd seed. Don't know if Carter Paden and Murray will be able to play tonight. If not Baylor has had people step up in Paden's absence for sure. But a 3-0 win could be alot to ask for. Should be a very interesting and intense game with so much on the line.

After playing both Webb and Baylor clearly Baylor has the better team. Webb appeared to have a few players that "will" be very good in a year or two while Baylor has 11 strating players who can all play their positions. But with stakes on the line as they are I am sure no one is planning on anything less than a win. Webb certainly has a few very talented players but can they carry their team will perhaps be a question of who plays out of their mind against Baylor. I did think Webb at times showed very solid skill and promise. Baylor needs a big win against Webb to grab the number 1 seed which is a 3-0 win which is a whipping not sure Webb wants to help them by laying down. Will be interesting and I guess by tonight McCallie will know when, who and their rank for nexts week play. Hope both teams play injury free and all starters are on the field so each team can say they did all they could do for their schools. But injuries are part of the game at the time of the year.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's pretty much the way i heard it too. a tie would give baylor 2nd seed too. well no matter what both play in sectionals next week. webb needs a win to not have to travel to chattanooga next week again. go spartans!

This is the way I understand it. If Baylor wins tonight they will be either the #1 or #2 seed depending on the score. If Webb were to win they would be the #2 seed and would host Baylor next Tuesday in sectionals. If Baylor wins 3-0 they are the #1 seed and I think would host their first sectional game. Making McCallie 2nd seed. If Baylor wins 2-0 it is a tie with McCallie and (I hate this) would have a coin toss with them for 1st seed. A Red Raider 1-0 win would just give them 2nd seed. Don't know if Carter Paden and Murray will be able to play tonight. If not Baylor has had people step up in Paden's absence for sure. But a 3-0 win could be alot to ask for. Should be a very interesting and intense game with so much on the line.

Sounds like this game is for sure not just who wins but by how much. That should make it interesting game to watch. But I would think it puts even more pressure on the players to have to think of the that part of it. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Both of these teams will advance but as has been said so much rides on how many goals are scored...and that is not always the easiest thing to do. Baylor's defense is always up to the task and the offense has played very well lately in light of having a few players out. The pressure will be on in today's game for Baylor to win and win by enough goals. The pressure will be on Webb also to win as they will not want to make the trip back to Chatt town next week. Alot riding on the outcome....and I would not miss it for the world. Go Red Raiders!

You know I try to be positive in my posts...and believe that I do that. But yours really deserves to be blasted. You may be a McCallie game since you came to the game and are blasting a Baylor player....however to be fair alot of just soccer fans come to that game. I really hope that you are a kid...but most young people I know would not come on her to slam 17-18 year old players. Zander is far from being a talentless player....and his footskills are decent at best? Give me a break. He is a very good player and even more importantly a good kid.....you should be ashamed for coming on here to try and tear down a 17 yr old kid. Yes I am sure he would give anything to have made that point blank shot at the McCallie game....but is the only time that has ever happened. Have you ever made a pressure filled shot like that against your biggest rival? He probably should have made it....but to call it unforgivable is really unforgivable on your part. As for Danny V....since you are not a Baylor fan....just how many Baylor games have you ever been to....oh probably just McCallie. I would take Danny V over any goalie in Chattanooga or the state for that matter. That says alot because Chattanooga is blessed with several exceptional goalies. Every single game Danny does not have to make an eye catching save....because Baylor has and outstanding defense in Andrew Roden and Chris Wilson. Now we have 2 younger players to fill in the back 4 that are playing great as well. But Danny and the defense allowed just 5 GOALS ALL LAST SEASON on their way to the D2 state championship. This year thru 11 games Baylor's defense and goalie has allowed just.....1 GOAL TO DATE! To say you have never seen him do anything? Try watching more that the McCallie game to judge. The only thing I will agree with you on is that Baylor does obviously have a stout defense. Baylor would not have be where they are without this amazing defense....I don't know if anyother team in the state has given up less than one goal this year. A testiment to our defense and goalie for sure. As for colleges....you don't know who could play in colleges or not. We have a couple that are announcing soon where they will play. We have several others that have chosen not to play in college because the college of their choices does not offer college...and they are ready to get on with their academic future and not just go for the sport. Not interested in going to a small school...that is their choice not because they could not play. Everyone else, I am sorry for the long post....but it just infuriates me for someone to come on theses boards and hide behind a name...and blast high school kids. This is what is unforgivable....and Go Baylor!

nah I'm just kidding, I think Davis is one of the more overratted and talentless players in the area. His footskills are decent at best, but his athletic ability is lacking and often makes up for it my fouling other players. He loses his composure too easily and often gets shut down by supirior defenders. In Baylor's big games he hasn't managed to make any kind of impact. I saw him blow the Baylor/McCallie game by missing a point-blank shot from outside the six (granted the MC keeper made a great save, but that's unforgivable). I would be suprised if he continued his soccer career. He's a mediocre player and Baylor must be glad that they have Smith and Paden in the middle to make up for it. By the way, Danny V rarely has to make a save. Maybe that's a credit to stout defence, but I rarely see him do anything. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Baylor wins 1-0

reddick that's pretty bad man. why don't you just save your posts for mccallie games. will we see you on the field tonight at the notre dame and mccallie game? it would be an upset for sure for us to win but we will give it our all. so easy to rip guys and hide behind a name isn't it.

nah I'm just kidding, I think Davis is one of the more overratted and talentless players in the area. His footskills are decent at best, but his athletic ability is lacking and often makes up for it my fouling other players. He loses his composure too easily and often gets shut down by supirior defenders. In Baylor's big games he hasn't managed to make any kind of impact. I saw him blow the Baylor/McCallie game by missing a point-blank shot from outside the six (granted the MC keeper made a great save, but that's unforgivable). I would be suprised if he continued his soccer career. He's a mediocre player and Baylor must be glad that they have Smith and Paden in the middle to make up for it. By the way, Danny V rarely has to make a save. Maybe that's a credit to stout defence, but I rarely see him do anything. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Baylor wins 1-0

Baylor wins 1-0

Let's see 1 goal in 11 games = awesome defense and goalie. 5 goals all of last year = same. Baylor's defense always steps up and protects the goal. When they don't Danny makes some of the best saves I have ever seen. You have obviously not been to many of their games as you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Ripping Zander is inexcusable. Baylor 3-0.

Baylor wins 1-0

This is pretty strange and if reddick was not berating teenage players it would be funny. Reddick, you must have a split personality. I remembered you from other posts. You joined the day before the Baylor and McCallie game. Your post after that game (and I just read it under the Baylor McCallie thread) you say that "I am a ref" and you are analzing a hand ball situation. You sound like an adult there and more respectable. Now you come on here and sound like an immature baby almost calling names. Which one are you.....I don't believe for a minute a "real ref" would post this kind of garbage. I believe your immaturity is shining now....obviously you became a poster just the day before the big game to get in on the action. Soccerman08 did the same thing as well. Just think it is very stange when you read the other posts. Lastly....might want to brush up on your spelling.

Baylor wins 1-0

Someone got busted! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

This is pretty strange and if reddick was not berating teenage players it would be funny. Reddick, you must have a split personality. I remembered you from other posts. You joined the day before the Baylor and McCallie game. Your post after that game (and I just read it under the Baylor McCallie thread) you say that "I am a ref" and you are analzing a hand ball situation. You sound like an adult there and more respectable. Now you come on here and sound like an immature baby almost calling names. Which one are you.....I don't believe for a minute a "real ref" would post this kind of garbage. I believe your immaturity is shining now....obviously you became a poster just the day before the big game to get in on the action. Soccerman08 did the same thing as well. Just think it is very stange when you read the other posts. Lastly....might want to brush up on your spelling.