Webb vs Baylor

spartansoccer

True but you can't tell by scores. They are never a team to run a score up....never have been. I know in their last game they won 4-0....and could have won by however many they wanted I guess. They brought their entire jv team and played the jv and anyone else they does not get to play. Even played the other 2 goalies in the 2nd half. Alot of teams won't do that just to get starters stats.

it would really surprise me if Baylor scores more than two goals. They haven't been scoring much even in the lesser games but you never know with Baylor. They are a very strong team.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing the way Webb played against McCallie this past friday, i would say they have little chance of pulling out a victory over baylor. the real question is how badly baylor will beat them, as i think they need a 3-goal differential or higher to take the #1 seed. going to be an intense game either way, especially since webb has beaten baylor for the past 2 years.

You are right it should be an intense game with alot on the line in the east region. Will hope that Carter Paden and Brett Murray will be back from injuries but not sure yet. Not sure that Baylor has to have a 3-0 win for top seed. If Baylor were to win 2-0 that would be a tie with McCallie since the two tied earlier. Then McCallie won 2-0 at Webb. If it ends in a tie....not sure what the tie breaker would be. 3-0 win would be tough especially if the injured players are not back. Webb will be fired up for sure as they need a win to get a number 2 seed.

After seeing the way Webb played against McCallie this past friday, i would say they have little chance of pulling out a victory over baylor. the real question is how badly baylor will beat them, as i think they need a 3-goal differential or higher to take the #1 seed. going to be an intense game either way, especially since webb has beaten baylor for the past 2 years.

You are right it should be an intense game with alot on the line in the east region. Will hope that Carter Paden and Brett Murray will be back from injuries but not sure yet. Not sure that Baylor has to have a 3-0 win for top seed. If Baylor were to win 2-0 that would be a tie with McCallie since the two tied earlier. Then McCallie won 2-0 at Webb. If it ends in a tie....not sure what the tie breaker would be. 3-0 win would be tough especially if the injured players are not back. Webb will be fired up for sure as they need a win to get a number 2 seed.

not exactly sure, but i heard that if that were the case (baylor winning 2-0) then it would just come down to a coin toss. which in my opinion is a rediculous way to potentially decide who goes to state and who stays home.

The way I understand it is top 5 seeds from a combined east/middle region advance. So a coin toss would not keep one of the top 2 seeds from going I don't think. It may control home field advantage though. Brackets are online at tssaa.org now.

not exactly sure, but i heard that if that were the case (baylor winning 2-0) then it would just come down to a coin toss. which in my opinion is a rediculous way to potentially decide who goes to state and who stays home.

Baylor had one of it's better performances last night, dominationg CSAS 3-0. Goals by Zander Davis, Pim Van der Sluis, and Tanner Taylor. Another shutout by Danny V and the defense. Baylor outshot CSAS by a wide margin. I think CSAS only had about 4-5 shots on goal the whole night. Kelly Smith was terrific in midfield, totally bottling up Duncan Keegan.

What was good to see was the determination/intensity that Baylor came out with to begin the game. I think they are finally ready to defend their crown.

I totally agree with you cincyred. I follow alot of high school soccer. This is the 2nd time I have seen both Baylor and CSAS this year. Very dominating performance by Baylor. Must have had at least 25 shots to maybe 5 to CSAS. Kelly did contain Duncan very well. Zander almost had a header for a goal on a tremendous throw in from Andrew Roden...he is a weapon with his throw. Their intensity was great. I hope that Carter Paden and the other injured player can come by for your next game. Others have stepped up it seems though.

Baylor had one of it's better performances last night, dominationg CSAS 3-0. Goals by Zander Davis, Pim Van der Sluis, and Tanner Taylor. Another shutout by Danny V and the defense. Baylor outshot CSAS by a wide margin. I think CSAS only had about 4-5 shots on goal the whole night. Kelly Smith was terrific in midfield, totally bottling up Duncan Keegan.

What was good to see was the determination/intensity that Baylor came out with to begin the game. I think they are finally ready to defend their crown.

Bluelion....glad you came to another one of our games. You must love high school soccer....would love to have you come to the Baylor and Webb game. Baylor played with alot of intensity and certainly had alot of shots on goal. Don't think that Brett will be playing. I heard that Carter is day to day and only if the doctor releases him to play. Sam Williams speed is incredible...only a sophomore too.

I totally agree with you cincyred. I follow alot of high school soccer. This is the 2nd time I have seen both Baylor and CSAS this year. Very dominating performance by Baylor. Must have had at least 25 shots to maybe 5 to CSAS. Kelly did contain Duncan very well. Zander almost had a header for a goal on a tremendous throw in from Andrew Roden...he is a weapon with his throw. Their intensity was great. I hope that Carter Paden and the other injured player can come by for your next game. Others have stepped up it seems though.

Davis had a very good game on offense as did Pim Van der Sluth and Sam Williams. Actually everyone had a good game. So glad to see Pim score on senior night. Sam Williams has just amazing speed. They are picking up the slack with Carter and Brett out. Baylor has 2 players that will be signing with colleges to play soccer in the next few weeks. But I will not give names as that is for them to do. Baylor has 3 other players that could play in college if they chose to. I believe they have decided to forgo that and just experience the college experience....and concentrate on that wonderful stage of their lives. Their is something to said about that for sure.

I agree Cincyred,

I saw Baylor dominate for 80 straight minutes. Man that #2 Zander Davis is really an offensive weapon. Without Murray or Paden, he really picked up the slack on the offensive end and really took it to CSAS. Is he playing in college next year?

After playing both Webb and Baylor clearly Baylor has the better team. Webb appeared to have a few players that "will" be very good in a year or two while Baylor has 11 strating players who can all play their positions. But with stakes on the line as they are I am sure no one is planning on anything less than a win. Webb certainly has a few very talented players but can they carry their team will perhaps be a question of who plays out of their mind against Baylor. I did think Webb at times showed very solid skill and promise. Baylor needs a big win against Webb to grab the number 1 seed which is a 3-0 win which is a whipping not sure Webb wants to help them by laying down. Will be interesting and I guess by tonight McCallie will know when, who and their rank for nexts week play. Hope both teams play injury free and all starters are on the field so each team can say they did all they could do for their schools. But injuries are part of the game at the time of the year.