Webb vs Baylor

spartansoccer

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baylor must have had over 20 good shots on goal and just could not find the net. Also give credit to Webb's goalie on making 3 tremendous saves....he saved them for sure a few times. Credit to the Red Raiders for keeping the pressure on in the 2nd half....shot after shot until finally one went in. Not what the Red Raiders were after for sure....but enough to host the first round in sectionals next Tuesday at Baylor....against Webb. The Red Raiders just have to convert their shots.

Final Baylor 1 Knox Webb 1.

Wow...intense game. Webb survived an onslaught of Baylor shots. Some were off and our goalie saved us for sure on some hard shots. We turn around and come back to Baylor next Tuesday for round 2 since they are 2nd seed. Really wanted to play at home but Baylor have a beautiful field and stadium for sure.

Final Baylor 1 Knox Webb 1.

Hats off to Webb. They seem to have a way of distrupting Baylor each time they play. Baylor had at least 20 shots, with maybe 3 for Webb. 4 excellent saves by the Webb goalie. Baylor also hit the post on a shot. Baylor came out very poorly to begin the game. Lot of standing around "ball watching". Their D played the worst half of soccer they have played all season. I credit those boys, however, for turning it around in the 2nd half. Very solid.

Baylor should win the rematch, but Webb really has Baylor's number. If Webb's goalie cannot duplicate his outstanding effort from last night, I say Baylor wins 3-0. That said, Baylor needs to turn of the "cruise control" and begin playing championship soccer. Can't afford a bad half from here on out.

cincyred I agree with you for sure. But would not limit it to the Baylor D in the first half....I think the entire team played their worst first half....but all stepped it up in the 2nd half. As spartansoccer said they survived an onslaught of Baylor shots. Again, we have to put those shots in and we had some great attempts. Kudos to the Webb goalie for several outstanding saves....he did save them. Looking forward to the rematch at Baylor.

Hats off to Webb. They seem to have a way of distrupting Baylor each time they play. Baylor had at least 20 shots, with maybe 3 for Webb. 4 excellent saves by the Webb goalie. Baylor also hit the post on a shot. Baylor came out very poorly to begin the game. Lot of standing around "ball watching". Their D played the worst half of soccer they have played all season. I credit those boys, however, for turning it around in the 2nd half. Very solid.

Baylor should win the rematch, but Webb really has Baylor's number. If Webb's goalie cannot duplicate his outstanding effort from last night, I say Baylor wins 3-0. That said, Baylor needs to turn of the "cruise control" and begin playing championship soccer. Can't afford a bad half from here on out.

Carter came in halfway thru the 2nd half played probably half of the game. Murray still out. Probably had at least 20 shots to 3 or 4. Their goalie was outstanding though. Similar to what I read about McCallie way outshoting Notre Dame but scoring just 1 late in the game. Estanban Villeral scored. Rematch is Tuesday at Baylor and that will tell the tale. Webb disrupted us for sure in the first half and withstood a ton of shots in the 2nd half.

yikes, 1-1? how was the goal scored? the score of this game beats all predictions...was carter in for this game?

i would have to agree that baylor's defense shut us down in the 2nd half. their offense poured it on in the 2nd but we survived to come back to baylor next week. and you are right our goalie saved our hides.

cincyred I agree with you for sure. But would not limit it to the Baylor D in the first half....I think the entire team played their worst first half....but all stepped it up in the 2nd half. As spartansoccer said they survived an onslaught of Baylor shots. Again, we have to put those shots in and we had some great attempts. Kudos to the Webb goalie for several outstanding saves....he did save them. Looking forward to the rematch at Baylor.

Carter came in halfway thru the 2nd half played probably half of the game. Murray still out. Probably had at least 20 shots to 3 or 4. Their goalie was outstanding though. Similar to what I read about McCallie way outshoting Notre Dame but scoring just 1 late in the game. Estanban Villeral scored. Rematch is Tuesday at Baylor and that will tell the tale. Webb disrupted us for sure in the first half and withstood a ton of shots in the 2nd half.

was he at 100%? and you are right about mccallie/notre dame...rediculous amount of shots and no goals. NDs keeper surprised all of us mccallie fans by making several outstanding plays/saves when we were trying to take advantage of murphy's absence. and what time is the game on tues? wouldnt miss it

don't know if he was at 100% but highly unlikely. i think he was alittle tentative on it but made nice moves as always. did not come in until halfway thru the first half so that says alot. i have not seen a time for the baylor/webb game yet..but will post it when available. sounds like nd's goalie stepped up like webb's did against us.

was he at 100%? and you are right about mccallie/notre dame...rediculous amount of shots and no goals. NDs keeper surprised all of us mccallie fans by making several outstanding plays/saves when we were trying to take advantage of murphy's absence. and what time is the game on tues? wouldnt miss it

don't know if he was at 100% but highly unlikely. i think he was alittle tentative on it but made nice moves as always. did not come in until halfway thru the first half so that says alot. i have not seen a time for the baylor/webb game yet..but will post it when available. sounds like nd's goalie stepped up like webb's did against us.

thanks...looking forward to a Mccallie/Baylor rematch.

Baylor needs to take care of business first tuesday. And should do that but Webb did a good job and ususally does against Baylor. But heres to hoping for a Baylor/McCallie rematch. Both are very, very good teams with tons of talent.

thanks...looking forward to a Mccallie/Baylor rematch.