OOLTEWAH V. BEECH

RIPSHOT

I read that Ooltewah beat Gibbs to win the Knoxville Tourney by a score of 6-0.

It is my understanding that in the Semi-Finals, Ooltewah was down 2-0 in the bottom of the last inning and got 3 runs across to win on a couple of errors and a bad call (hey...they are all bad calls when you come up short)!

Give me some feedback and who were the pitchers for that game cause that sounded like the game of the tournament.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that Ooltewah beat Gibbs to win the Knoxville Tourney by a score of 6-0.

It is my understanding that in the Semi-Finals, Ooltewah was down 2-0 in the bottom of the last inning and got 3 runs across to win on a couple of errors and a bad call (hey...they are all bad calls when you come up short)!

Give me some feedback and who were the pitchers for that game cause that sounded like the game of the tournament.

[/quote

That's interesting because this game sounds very similar to the Ooltewah vs Lebanon game in pool play earlier in the day. Lebanon led 2-0 until the bottom of the third when Ooltewah scored one run. Going into the bottom of the 5th Lebanon was leading 2-1 when Ooltewah scored 2 runs to win the game. They were on a 60 minute time limit and Lebanon did not have a chance to come back.

I attended the Gibbs tournment this past weekend and I did have a chance to observe the Ooltewah v. Lebanon game. It was a good game and Lebanon did have the win until the last inning. Too bad for Lebanon, I noticed a couple of bad calls while watching. One that comes to mind was a player being called out on first base when she was clearly safe. If it is that obvious to the bystanders, why doesn't the umpire see it? Lebanon had several hits. I believe Lebanon could have come back if they were able to play another inning. Does anyone know who pitched that game? Junior or Senior? Only gave up about two hits in five innings. That is impressive having the opponent be a top-ranked team. Good Luck Lebanon in your future play!

I attended the Gibbs tournment this past weekend and I did have a chance to observe the Ooltewah v. Lebanon game. It was a good game and Lebanon did have the win until the last inning. Too bad for Lebanon, I noticed a couple of bad calls while watching. One that comes to mind was a player being called out on first base when she was clearly safe. If it is that obvious to the bystanders, why doesn't the umpire see it? Lebanon had several hits. I believe Lebanon could have come back if they were able to play another inning. Does anyone know who pitched that game? Junior or Senior? Only gave up about two hits in five innings. That is impressive having the opponent be a top-ranked team. Good Luck Lebanon in your future play!

Somebody said that the pitcher was a sophomore. It was a good game!

Sorry don't mean to bust your bubble, But Ooltewah was playing there freshman team. 3rd string.

Sorry don't mean to bust your bubble, But Ooltewah was playing there freshman team. 3rd string.

Are you for real!? That is amazing! How blessed Ooltewah is to have such a deep bench. Those girls are awesome! No wonder they are always ranked so high. They have a VERY bright future!

Are you for real!? That is amazing! How blessed Ooltewah is to have such a deep bench. Those girls are awesome! No wonder they are always ranked so high. They have a VERY bright future!

I have never seen Ooltewah with more than 12 or 13 at any tournament so I dont know how deep their bench is.

I have never seen Ooltewah with more than 12 or 13 at any tournament so I dont know how deep their bench is.

Apparently they had at least 27 kids at that tournament since they were playing their third string. Last time I checked, 9 times 3 is 27...... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

How did the Gibbs girls look? I heard they ran out of gas in the finals but they looked very promising overall. I think they may be under everyones radar and may surprise some people from what I have read on other posts.

Thanks

I was watching the game and I noticed 4 starters were missing and was told they were taking ACT's, but still managed to win