OOLTEWAH V. BEECH

RIPSHOT

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they did well in pool and lost in first round of elimination.

soddy did well alisha pitched well all weekend, lost to Mason OH 1-0 in pool play and lost to beech in opening game of bracket play 1-0. soddy just couldn't string 2 or three hits together, but i see that changing soon b/ clifford was really worried about his defense coming into the season and the defense seems to be clicking on all cylinders now. So in classic clifford form im sure he will focus on hitting now that we are into the later stages of the season. This week we play baylor and ooltewah so shuold be a tough week. ooltewah is dedicating their new field thursday for the soddy game, i don't know if i would dedicate my field on a game that i could lose. maybe its something to get the ooltewah girls more focused for the game who knows. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

How did the Gibbs girls look? I heard they ran out of gas in the finals but they looked very promising overall. I think they may be under everyones radar and may surprise some people from what I have read on other posts.

Thanks

The Gibbs girls are very good always in my opinion.

Sorry don't mean to bust your bubble, But Ooltewah was playing there freshman team. 3rd string.

First of all, were you even at the game? Secondly, they don't have enough players for three teams. Third, I am very amazed that their "Freshman" team could win any game considering that I know for a fact they only have two freshman on their team.

I attended the Gibbs tournment this past weekend and I did have a chance to observe the Ooltewah v. Lebanon game. It was a good game and Lebanon did have the win until the last inning. Too bad for Lebanon, I noticed a couple of bad calls while watching. One that comes to mind was a player being called out on first base when she was clearly safe. If it is that obvious to the bystanders, why doesn't the umpire see it? Lebanon had several hits. I believe Lebanon could have come back if they were able to play another inning. Does anyone know who pitched that game? Junior or Senior? Only gave up about two hits in five innings. That is impressive having the opponent be a top-ranked team. Good Luck Lebanon in your future play!

This sounds like it was a really good game. Ooltewah IS a very good team. I don't know for a fact, but the pitcher must have been a senior to hold such a good team so close.

I read that Ooltewah beat Gibbs to win the Knoxville Tourney by a score of 6-0.It is my understanding that in the Semi-Finals, Ooltewah was down 2-0 in the bottom of the last inning and got 3 runs across to win on a couple of errors and a bad call (hey...they are all bad calls when you come up short)!Give me some feedback and who were the pitchers for that game cause that sounded like the game of the tournament.

Did they have any weather issues, like most of the tournaments have dealt with this year?

Did they have any weather issues, like most of the tournaments have dealt with this year?

They did get some games in Friday night, but then had to call the games for the night because of lightning and then rain. They pushed the rest of the Friday night pool play games to Saturday am and then played out the tournament. Saturday's weather was sunny, warm and very windy.

They did get some games in Friday night, but then had to call the games for the night because of lightning and then rain. They pushed the rest of the Friday night pool play games to Saturday am and then played out the tournament. Saturday's weather was sunny, warm and very windy.

That helped dry the fields out quickly!