Baylor v McCallie

CSAS Soccer

Home field is very important but McCallie has not beaten Baylor on their home field the last two times. Baylor beat them for the title in 2006 and knocked the blue out of going to state last year in overtime...at McCallie. They are due a win at over Baylor. Hopefully Carter P will be available to play. But if not the red has had several forwards step up when needed. I will go with my gut feeling. Baylor 1-0 in regulation.

Forgot one intangible....McCallie has the home field advantage.....again.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Home field advantage...that is why I am going with McCallie to win this one....2-1. Have watched both play twice this year including the 0-0 tie they had earlier and I think Baylor is the better team. But McCallie has not beaten Baylor at home in the last two tries...one a region championship game and the other the 0-0 tie. It is hard to not win 3 times in a row at home....thus my prediction. Both great teams and should be a whale of a game. Going to the CSAS vs Boyd game after this one.

Home field is very important but McCallie has not beaten Baylor on their home field the last two times. Baylor beat them for the title in 2006 and knocked the blue out of going to state last year in overtime...at McCallie. They are due a win at over Baylor. Hopefully Carter P will be available to play. But if not the red has had several forwards step up when needed. I will go with my gut feeling. Baylor 1-0 in regulation.

Make it three in a row. Baylor 2 McCallie 0

Another tough McCallie/Baylor game. McCallie had early opportunities but could not convert. Baylor's D was excellent once again, including a couple of nice slide tackles by Walker Fitzgerald. Kelly Smith controlled the midfield once again. Carter Paden found the goal in traffic and Tanner Taylor made the goalie pay for being out of position.

How right you are...great game by those you mentioned. Andrew Roden shut down Max Crabtree and had another solid game....Danny V solid as always in goal. Way to go Red Raiders.....next 2 rounds we host at Baylor....awesome job!

Another tough McCallie/Baylor game. McCallie had early opportunities but could not convert. Baylor's D was excellent once again, including a couple of nice slide tackles by Walker Fitzgerald. Kelly Smith controlled the midfield once again. Carter Paden found the goal in traffic and Tanner Taylor made the goalie pay for being out of position.

I agree with you. I think this is my 3rd game to watch Baylor this year and 2 of them were against McCallie. Roden is the best defender in the city. Max seemed pretty frustrated also. Very impressive to again win at McCallie win it always counts the most. They have shut out a talented McCallie team their last 4 meetings. Great game.

max is always going to have trouble against a big defender who has some speed. roden best defender in the city