Boyd Buchanan

moundhound

I'm sure that all private schools don't have everything they need, especially when starting a new program, but I would hope the needs would be provided by the outrageous tuition these schools charge. I know several people who teach at private school and their pay is insulting., with the exception of McCallie, Baylor, and GPS. I do believe the public school system has a more difficult time providing needs for students and athletes. Also, Polk Does play private schools in almost all of their sports. Notre Dame in Football, Boyd Buc and Hamilton Height Christian in Basketball, McCallie , Boyd Buc and Grace (Ool Tournament) in baseball, Boyd Buc in softball. I believe Polk has held their own in all sports when playing these private schools, they beat Notre Dame in football, Baseball team won except suffered a one loss to McCallie not sure about basketball and softball. We all know some season are better than others, sometimes you win sometimes you lose. I think normally it all balances out. Sorry, there will not be a lot of concern about private schools not having thing they need.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure that all private schools don't have everything they need, especially when starting a new program, but I would hope the needs would be provided by the outrageous tuition these schools charge. I know several people who teach at private school and their pay is insulting., with the exception of McCallie, Baylor, and GPS. I do believe the public school system has a more difficult time providing needs for students and athletes. Also, Polk Does play private schools in almost all of their sports. Notre Dame in Football, Boyd Buc and Hamilton Height Christian in Basketball, McCallie , Boyd Buc and Grace (Ool Tournament) in baseball, Boyd Buc in softball. I believe Polk has held their own in all sports when playing these private schools, they beat Notre Dame in football, Baseball team won except suffered a one loss to McCallie not sure about basketball and softball. We all know some season are better than others, sometimes you win sometimes you lose. I think normally it all balances out. Sorry, there will not be a lot of concern about private schools not having thing they need.

I believe TK wasn't really complaining...I mean it sounds like they are still not where they should be but I think TK was mostly sticking up for private schools. Public schools seem to have a cloudy view on how things go in private schools and it really isn't any advantage at all. If it were, then teams like Boyd, Grace, SD, CCS would be dominating...do you see that? No. So instead of complaining, worry about your school and succeeding there.

I believe TK wasn't really complaining...I mean it sounds like they are still not where they should be but I think TK was mostly sticking up for private schools. Public schools seem to have a cloudy view on how things go in private schools and it really isn't any advantage at all. If it were, then teams like Boyd, Grace, SD, CCS would be dominating...do you see that? No. So instead of complaining, worry about your school and succeeding there.

I believe that you need to slow down on telling someone that they are complaining. I wasn't. The fact is private schools charge outrageous fees and tuitions, and you think the public schools have a clouded jugdement about them. Get real. The attitude toward the smaller rural schools is definitely there and everyone knows it. Sorry, Have no sympathey for private schools not having everything they need. I do support my school and other schools as well, including private. I have never heard on of my friends parents complaining about their private school not having needed equipment. Most students have things they need for athletics and school. I have seen parents by things for the less fortunate when their was a member like that on our team or in our school. This I know exsists in private schools as well, but you can't tell me they don't have the resources to supply them with what they need. I hope you understand what I'm saying.

I believe that you need to slow down on telling someone that they are complaining. I wasn't. The fact is private schools charge outrageous fees and tuitions, and you think the public schools have a clouded jugdement about them. Get real. The attitude toward the smaller rural schools is definitely there and everyone knows it. Sorry, Have no sympathey for private schools not having everything they need. I do support my school and other schools as well, including private. I have never heard on of my friends parents complaining about their private school not having needed equipment. Most students have things they need for athletics and school. I have seen parents by things for the less fortunate when their was a member like that on our team or in our school. This I know exsists in private schools as well, but you can't tell me they don't have the resources to supply them with what they need. I hope you understand what I'm saying.

I wasn't directing the quote directly at you, sorry bout that. A lot of people have those thoughts though. And I don't think we are complaining about the amount of equipment we have, and by no means asking for sympathy about it. I'm actually just saying there isn't no real advantage we have.

I wasn't directing the quote directly at you, sorry bout that. A lot of people have those thoughts though. And I don't think we are complaining about the amount of equipment we have, and by no means asking for sympathy about it. I'm actually just saying there isn't no real advantage we have.

I hope you understand that I really support any school that is providing sports and other programs for students no matter what school they go to. I know the only chance a school or program has is the support of it fans and community, whether public or private. Hope you team has good luck and succeeds.

I hope you understand that I really support any school that is providing sports and other programs for students no matter what school they go to. I know the only chance a school or program has is the support of it fans and community, whether public or private. Hope you team has good luck and succeeds.

Most definitely...I understand. Good luck to your school/schools!

Good Post. I was not trying to get people to be concerned just trying to give perspective to the previous poster. The amount of money these schools charge no doubt is a lot of money, but if you go to most private schools and see the facilities it would not take long to see the money for tuition doesn't always go to the upkeep of the school. I love public schools and respect them a lot because of what they did for me, I just hate that all private schools get connected with the likes of Baylor and McCallie. No sympathy because we all have our struggles to try to provide the best opportunities for the students at our schools.

Can someone explain to me how a coach can decide to not make up a district game. After a rainout at Polk Co. on Monday, that was to be made up on Wednesday, Boyd Buchanan's Coach decided he doesn't want to make the game up. How can that be, they are both in the same district. Will TSSAA have anything to say about it, or do the private schools really have that much clout. Either way I believe something should be done for such a "bush league" call.

Now back to the main topic or have we forgotton. The issue is with the way The Boyd Coach thinks he

can decide when to play or not. The home team has the call whether field is playable or not. I really

don't see why it would matter what day, its either phillips or bean pick your poison coach.

This is another reason to go with the proposal that splits AA into rural/urban districts. Boyd never has liked being in this district. Why would they? The last 4 years, they have had to take thos whippings being past out at Polk, Meigs and Central. In the past they could play those public school powerhouse like Tyner and Brainard. When the last time BB made the region tourney. Who cares anyway? Let's see if I got this right. Boyd's pitcher was head-hunting at Boyd and then cancels out the return match at Polk. No I got it right--SCARED

The rumor I have heard is that Polk cancelled so their top two pitchers could go on Tuesday and Wednesday. They had pitched on Thursday and Friday in non district games. Rumor also has it that the Boyd coach drove to Benton on Monday and the field was in excellent condition. But, like I said, RUMOR.

The rumor I have heard is that Polk cancelled so their top two pitchers could go on Tuesday and Wednesday. They had pitched on Thursday and Friday in non district games. Rumor also has it that the Boyd coach drove to Benton on Monday and the field was in excellent condition. But, like I said, RUMOR.

To put this rumor to rest, Phillips (who threw on Tuesday at Boyd) had not threw since the previous Tuesday against Brainerd. Bean who was scheduled to pitch on Tuesday, before the rain out, had not thrown since the previous Thursday against Meigs. Both were good to go on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. The only pitcher unavailable was a freshman who beat Ooltewah on the previous Saturday. This is FACT, no rumor about it.

The rumor you heard is incorrect!! Polk had Bean ready to go, the field was lined off and ready for play until the rain arrived @ 2:30, the field was to wet, and if the Boyd coach can afford to drive to Benton, not believing the home coach, more power to him, gas is 3.30 a gallon, only wish I could afford to waste gas that way. Show up Thursday coach we'll go from there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!