Bearden vs. Farragut

ktownman

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

This game will be tough to predict- not just the usual "rivalry"...I think that the outcome will be directly based on who the ref will be for the game. I have seen this game played many times through the years- they are always great games with a lot of intensity, however, in most of the games- especially when played at Farragut, the ref "usually" is Chuck Wood. Now, I have watched this guy for a long time and I personally think he is a great ref...but like all ref's, they have good games and bad games. (I have seen 3 games he has ran this year...and he was absolutely awesome!) It just seems like that when he has the Farragut vs Bearden game- it doesn't fall under the "good" catagory. I just believe that there should be some other refs that get to control this game. If a ref lets them play a little more aggressive, than I think that Bearden wins this thing 3-1. If it is a ref that calls a foul every 30 seconds and never lets any play develop, kills advantages, etc- then Farragut wins 1-0. So....much like last year, I wonder......who will ref this game??? We'll see tomorrow night. My money is on some bald guy!!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Chuck is doing our game (CAK). I don't know who is doing Farragut's.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the Clarification Dins8, your explanations is exactly what I meant. The coaches will have to bring their very best game also. I played in Middle Tennessee and back then the Farragut Bearden game had more interest than our games over here. When Coach T started it was the most written about game with the most posters of any thread. Today it is just another thread.interesting.............I think the game still generates alot of interest but the posters have diminished. The posters on this thread usually fan out about even, but this year it seems other than the IhavenoFreiends poster, Farragut people are not on here. I have to admit that I haven't had the opportunity to watch enough of the two teams this year but from the threads you would think Bearden is unstoppable and will clean the floor with Farragut. I really can't see it that way since Bearden seems to have stumbled more than Farragut has. I also saw one poster say they were surprised Farragut beat West, Why? Intrigued; maybe, Interesting game ;Maybe ....but surprised? NO WAY!! Farragut is always good and West beating Bearden doesn't prove they were better than Farragut as proven by the outcome with Farragut's win.

Based on current results and overall production using statistical analytical data, Posters should be surprised if Bearden beats Farragut. Oh and the coaching thing I agree Turner is good, real good but Farragut's coach gets the job done and is every bit as good if not better and I like his chances. I will stay with Farragut 2-1.

I am a "poster" novice but not so regarding soccer assessment (though FAR from being an expert). My rational about being suprised that Farragut won is based on watching several of Bearden, West and Farragut games. Of the three teams this year, West has impressed me the most on a consistent basis. I just haven't seen the killer instinct from Farargut like Bearden or the team play like West, but they beat the teams they should (making some closer than it should), and on the tougher games, they they seem to pull through with ugly wins, which is what I would classify the West win (save for the last five minutes, exciting!). Agree that loser of this game tomorrow night should not hang up cleats, if history is any sign of what is to come, they will be meeting again.

Blaming ref's, that' nice! Naming names, even nicer..... It is a very tough job, and they are doing the best they can. Give them a break!

I don't see where I was "Blaming" anyone. Maybe you should read the remark again. At no time have I ever implied that reffing a soccer game is easy. At the same time, don't think that ref's don't have bad games...it happens to everyone, in everything that you do. I do give them breaks, and I compliment them when they have great games...as I did in the remark. This was not meant to attack anyone....if it came out that way.........oops!

Thanks Big G for the info...I can't wait to see the game. Good luck, I think you'll need it. Tell Brandon....thumbs up!! He'll get it!!!

Pseudo's

I don't see where I was "Blaming" anyone. Maybe you should read the remark again. At no time have I ever implied that reffing a soccer game is easy. At the same time, don't think that ref's don't have bad games...it happens to everyone, in everything that you do. I do give them breaks, and I compliment them when they have great games...as I did in the remark. This was not meant to attack anyone....if it came out that way.........oops!

Thanks Big G for the info...I can't wait to see the game. Good luck, I think you'll need it. Tell Brandon....thumbs up!! He'll get it!!!

Pseudo's

I didn't take it that way, but I guess some one did. I also "know" you on the boards pretty well, and you aren't like that, so...

I'll pass that message along to Brandon. He'll be the one in the pretty blue cast. He broke his hand in the Webb game. Fun fun. I figured I'd let you all know now, because I knew someone would ask "what happened to Brandon" after they saw the cast on his arm. I was going to make up some story about a wild bowling mis-hap, but I didn't think anyone would have believed it.

I dont know where you all get off at thinking bearden will beat farragut. Farragut has WAY more depth and there defense is NOT bad. They will shut sho and tommy down and not only that but beardens inexperienced defense will be pounded minute after minute by farraguts offense. farragut 3-1... bearden scores a rebound goal.

WHat happen to Brandon? Is he not playing tonight in the game against KCHS?

He fell during the Webb game and landed wrong on his left hand (he did the same thing to his right hand when he was with the national team).

I could play mind games with Catholic and say he wasn't playing (like someone did last season with Chase /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ) but he is cleared to play with padding around his hand.

Sometimes tough teams just gut it out pretty or ugly and that is what Farragut has done and have continued winning, Consistancy is relative and if you are going to talk about that , Farragut hasn't lost yet and that is pretty consistant, yet West and Bearden have. Take away West mouths and I think they are one of the best teams if not the best team around, I just think they pull themselves off their game with each other by talking to much. If they were quiet and jsut played the Golden Trophy could be theirs.

Now Psuede you and I have disagreed on here before and we do again. I don't think that physical play is any less of Farraguts game than Bearden. Since your family is tied to Bearden it makes sense for you to call for Bearden to be the winner . Physical or not I like Farragut's chances they find a way to win. Now that being said is it possible that Bearden wins , of course it is, ........will the refs determine the outcome,... I doubt it , but everytime Farragut Beats Bearden, Psuede for the last couple of years the excuse is the refs calls come into play, so I have 1 question....If Farragut loses is it ok if they blame the refs too????