Class 1A: Region 5 Favorites

2008 Champion!  

300 members have voted

1. 1. 2008 Champion!

I agree with your top 5. I just don't agree with the order you have them in... One team that may mess your seeding up also is M.T.C.S. If Smryna's former coach takes that job as many expect you'd better throw them in the mix!

According to DevilMascot this is now a done deal. Better strap em on tight next season in anticipation of the Riverdale and Oakland transfers. I think MTCS has finally realized they are a private school after years of being everyone's Homecoming game.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where and when is the Cascade-Forrest, Mike?

I'll have to get back to you on that, Nan. I saw a spring schedule a couple of weeks ago and I don't remember. I believe we also scrimmage Watertown, if I'm not mistaken. I don't think we'll be able to judge much from these scrimmages. We have a low turnout for Spring-training this year because we have several key players still involved in Soccer and Baseball.

I found out that the scrimmage will be on May the 16th. Not sure if it is at Chapel Hill or Forrest. We also scrimmage Watertown on either May the 12th or 13th.

[/quote

i heard the scrimmage is at Chapel Hill, lol, or Forrest(check your typo)lol.... and the Watertown scrimmage is at Cascade

Wonder what time Thursday? The granddaughter has a softball game in Lewisburg at 6:00. I'd love to see both!

The Cascade and Forrest will be having a joint practice session on Thursday, May 15th at Cascade. The session will start at 5:00 PM. The session will consist of the skill players having a 7-on-7 on the game field and the lineman working together on the practice fields. While it is always possible that a short scrimmage may occur in one of these type sessions, it is not part of the current plan.

The Cascade and Forrest will be having a joint practice session on Thursday, May 15th at Cascade. The session will start at 5:00 PM. The session will consist of the skill players having a 7-on-7 on the game field and the lineman working together on the practice fields. While it is always possible that a short scrimmage may occur in one of these type sessions, it is not part of the current plan.

Darn! Oh well. Go Rockets!

Cascade looked good at times in the scrimmage against Watertown yesterday. The offense, minus what I expect will be our two main ball carriers (Henderson and Harvey) moved the ball easily up and down the field all day. They scored TD's on all nine offensive positions. The first team "d" was able to get a couple of stops early in the session which accounted for the 3 score difference at the end of the scrimmage.

Watertown really exposed a weak secondary late in the scrimmage which consisted of eighth graders often mixed in with the second and third units. Tackling by both squads was exactly what you expect in the spring. (not great) Watertown's QB throws a nice ball and I think they'll be a pretty solid squad again this season. I thought Cascade showed signs of being VERY potent on offense this coming season and the 1st team Defense should be a good hard hitting unit this year. Biggest concerns I saw was lack of depth in the secondary and on the "O" and "D" line. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw yesterday.

Cascade looked good at times in the scrimmage against Watertown yesterday. The offense, minus what I expect will be our two main ball carriers (Henderson and Harvey) moved the ball easily up and down the field all day. They scored TD's on all nine offensive positions. The first team "d" was able to get a couple of stops early in the session which accounted for the 3 score difference at the end of the scrimmage.

Watertown really exposed a weak secondary late in the scrimmage which consisted of eighth graders often mixed in with the second and third units. Tackling by both squads was exactly what you expect in the spring. (not great) Watertown's QB throws a nice ball and I think they'll be a pretty solid squad again this season. I thought Cascade showed signs of being VERY potent on offense this coming season and the 1st team Defense should be a good hard hitting unit this year. Biggest concerns I saw was lack of depth in the secondary and on the "O" and "D" line. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw yesterday.

you say the secondary was weak. were happy and ricky not out there