Class 1A: Region 5 Favorites

2008 Champion!  

300 members have voted

1. 1. 2008 Champion!

Moto, give me some feedback on the H2O scrimmage. I'd be curious to hear how you guys matched up against them since I've already seen them myself. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'll do it. I still need to find out what time the scrimmage starts to make sure I can make it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

don't expect much of a game. Chumps beat em so they cn't be 2 ######. prolly get ugly quick

/bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" /> /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" /> Should not be close they are down this year ,but Chumps??????? oh well somebody loves the chumps too.

Well, lets here some feedback from last nights scrimmages.

The scrimmage we had against Fairview revealed that we still have a ways to go in my opinion. We weren't able to run the ball up the middle very effectively. We had a couple of decent runs to the outside, but Fairview bottled up the middle pretty well. We tried to force a few passes when we should of settled for the second or third receiver on a few plays. Fairview was doing a great job of defense and that may of contributed to some of our miscues.

Defensively, we let the receivers get behind us too many times. Fairview had a solid QB who was very capable of throwing the long pass. We'll have to do a better job of recognizing that. Down and distance is something that our team REALLY needs to be aware of. We were rotating out on offense after 10 plays each, but the balls we were burnt on usually followed plays were they had been stopped for little gain or lost yardage. Every deep ball we were burnt on was a long yardage situation. We are young and no doubt will get better. Tackling wasn't great, but I'm sure over the next couple of weeks, Coach Parker and his staff will Coach these new starters up and we'll be competitive again this season. We'll have several new players on both sides of the ball, so it'll take a little time.

How did Jo Byrns and Forrest do in their respective scrimmages? Anyone else have any scrimmages yesterday?

The scrimmage went well. JB "won" 4-1 with the starters in. JB started off a little rusty but as time went on they got it together. By the end of the scrimmage JB was in a grove and started to show what they could do. Nothing stood out as really good our bad but I thought overall we looked solid.

The good:

Already look to be in football shape

Pretty quick

Defense (toward the end of the scrimmage)

The Bad:

Dropped passes

There's still a lot to work on but I think the DA scrimmage is really going to tell us a lot about what we can expect from this team this year.

Well, lets here some feedback from last nights scrimmages.

The scrimmage we had against Fairview revealed that we still have a ways to go in my opinion. We weren't able to run the ball up the middle very effectively. We had a couple of decent runs to the outside, but Fairview bottled up the middle pretty well. We tried to force a few passes when we should of settled for the second or third receiver on a few plays. Fairview was doing a great job of defense and that may of contributed to some of our miscues.

Defensively, we let the receivers get behind us too many times. Fairview had a solid QB who was very capable of throwing the long pass. We'll have to do a better job of recognizing that. Down and distance is something that our team REALLY needs to be aware of. We were rotating out on offense after 10 plays each, but the balls we were burnt on usually followed plays were they had been stopped for little gain or lost yardage. Every deep ball we were burnt on was a long yardage situation. We are young and no doubt will get better. Tackling wasn't great, but I'm sure over the next couple of weeks, Coach Parker and his staff will Coach these new starters up and we'll be competitive again this season. We'll have several new players on both sides of the ball, so it'll take a little time.

How did Jo Byrns and Forrest do in their respective scrimmages? Anyone else have any scrimmages yesterday?

What was the final score?