Smyrna new HC

Otter

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest workinprogress

As long as it wasn't Elrod, you guys will be fine.

Elrod is who I was referring to. Dont think he will be interested. Aric could be but wont get it. WC had a good year but they were awful the year before. I think Elrod's knowledge and offense was the main key to their success. I still say Crawford will throw his name in and if he does I think he gets it. I think he would have gotten Oaklands position if it werent for personality conflicts. He's a great coach with ties to Rutherford Co.

Elrod is who I was referring to. Dont think he will be interested. Aric could be but wont get it. WC had a good year but they were awful the year before. I think Elrod's knowledge and offense was the main key to their success. I still say Crawford will throw his name in and if he does I think he gets it. I think he would have gotten Oaklands position if it werent for personality conflicts. He's a great coach with ties to Rutherford Co.

You are 100% correct.....Elrod was the direct catalyst for the success at WC. The year before that he wasn't there and Aric called the O.....well we all know it was a disaster.

Elrod is a phoenominal offensive coach who was the diffrence. defensively there coach also does a good job. Rutherford cant match Crawfords money i wouldnt think. He is also an excellent coach.

You are also correct about Crawford and Oakland. I would have loved for him to be hired there. No way that ever would have happened even though the boosters would have been willing to supplement his payment demands! You are right about why too.....

Your defensive coach did a heck of a job against Riverdale.

Elrod is a phoenominal offensive coach who was the diffrence. defensively there coach also does a good job. Rutherford cant match Crawfords money i wouldnt think. He is also an excellent coach.

Nope. dont have it "out" for anybody, and you are right, the principal will make the decision. But, with the input he is getting from the outside from VERY reputable people............his decision will be VERY educated and not based on where one may or may not have coached prior to thier arrival. Stating the facts.............

Very interesting......so you are saying basically....what goes around may be coming back around, reasons256?

Well, nothing is certain until its certain...........but there are several good men and coaches that have applied for the job. Many would do well. One applicant would find it not nearly as easy as he thinks it will be. WHERE you have worked has nothing to do with leadership ability.................and he has none, as will be evidence shortly after he eventually does con some hapless souls into giving him a job somewhere. Lets just say..........its not gonna be here.

there has alreeady been a mass exodus out of there..one guy got promoted and took acouple with him and shawdoen has left..so there has already been a lot that has left

I wouldn't classify anything as a mass exodus. 2 went to Eagleville, 1 is moving out of state, and Coach Shadowens. That's 4 out of about 12 or 13 they have on staff. If that is a mass exodus, then what do you call what is happening at Riverdale. How many coaches have you guys lost in the last year?

I wouldn't classify anything as a mass exodus. 2 went to Eagleville, 1 is moving out of state, and Coach Shadowens. That's 4 out of about 12 or 13 they have on staff. If that is a mass exodus, then what do you call what is happening at Riverdale. How many coaches have you guys lost in the last year?

we only have 2 coaches left feilds and breeden...and trust me i am not too happy about it i think what bothers me the most about it is that most of them didnt leave for a promotion or anything they just kinda left and when went from the beat coaching staff in the state to well some good coaches that have to prove themselves not saying they are bad or anything like that but it is defintly a mass exodus

however losing a third of your coaches so far and potential to lose more as a new coach comes and brings some fo his people (like we had)you could lose a few more