Individual State Champion 08-09

SequatchieBowler17

Though the season is still far from starting, who do you think has put in enough time in the off-season to better his/her game to the point of being the 08-09 individual state champion? Last season, Mike Poirier finished with an individual victory along with the team state championship, too. This season, I want to know who everyone thinks will win the individuals, so post your input here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though the season is still far from starting, who do you think has put in enough time in the off-season to better his/her game to the point of being the 08-09 individual state champion? Last season, Mike Poirier finished with an individual victory along with the team state championship, too. This season, I want to know who everyone thinks will win the individuals, so post your input here!

johnny gillis or brandon barnes for smyrna. matt roberson will make a run at it from siegel.

• 2 weeks later...

johnny gillis or brandon barnes for smyrna. matt roberson will make a run at it from siegel.

I put my money on aaron "big money" davidson.

After his performance in last year's season, averaging 218 for Columbia Central, it's hard not to consider him...plus i'm probably being a little bias.

But he is a great talent and proved he could handle the pressure well with an outstanding showing in the state finals versus Hendersonville

But of course, you can't count out the Smyrna boys or the upcoming sophomore from soddy

• 4 weeks later...

I put my money on aaron "big money" davidson.

After his performance in last year's season, averaging 218 for Columbia Central, it's hard not to consider him...plus i'm probably being a little bias.

But he is a great talent and proved he could handle the pressure well with an outstanding showing in the state finals versus Hendersonville

But of course, you can't count out the Smyrna boys or the upcoming sophomore from soddy

Aaron Davidson is not only a great bowler, but a great sport also. When we bowled against Columbia Central they showed excellent sportsmanship and never let up on their spare shooting, which was the difference in our match.

As for the sophomore from Soddy, Matt Lyon, he is coming along quite nicely. However, he pales in comparison to the new captain of Soddy's team, Scott Demirjian. Scott had a terrible mental game last season, but has been improving it. This poor mental game limited him to meerly a 208 average last year, but it won't keep him down anymore.

I've seen Smyrna's top stars and am sure that Brandon Barnes and Johnny Gillis will bring the heat again in next season's events. Brandon will be only a sophomore next year, so the experience might be lacking; nevertheless, he is a wonderful bowler and a great sport. I'm sure the sport will reward him quite well.

Gary Faulkner will also make another great run for it next year. He never ceases to amaze in his attitude nor in his game. He will be a top contendor next year.

Aaron Davidson is not only a great bowler, but a great sport also. When we bowled against Columbia Central they showed excellent sportsmanship and never let up on their spare shooting, which was the difference in our match.

As for the sophomore from Soddy, Matt Lyon, he is coming along quite nicely. However, he pales in comparison to the new captain of Soddy's team, Scott Demirjian. Scott had a terrible mental game last season, but has been improving it. This poor mental game limited him to meerly a 208 average last year, but it won't keep him down anymore.

I've seen Smyrna's top stars and am sure that Brandon Barnes and Johnny Gillis will bring the heat again in next season's events. Brandon will be only a sophomore next year, so the experience might be lacking; nevertheless, he is a wonderful bowler and a great sport. I'm sure the sport will reward him quite well.

Gary Faulkner will also make another great run for it next year. He never ceases to amaze in his attitude nor in his game. He will be a top contendor next year.

Pales in comparison, not in my eyes. Matt as ive seen, had a rough start but came around and performed well in the State Tournament proving his abilty to lead a team. Anyways, Soddy has a good team again this year. They lost two great bowlers but gained many others.

Pales in comparison, not in my eyes. Matt as ive seen, had a rough start but came around and performed well in the State Tournament proving his abilty to lead a team. Anyways, Soddy has a good team again this year. They lost two great bowlers but gained many others.

Yeah, I was totally kidding when I said that about Matt. He is an incredible bowler for his age, and he will surely be back better than ever next year. He's been bowling for 7 years and he has improved over the course of every one of them. Scott has only been bowling for 3 years, so Matt probably has more knowledge of the game. Also, their averages are almost exactly the same!

Yeah, I was totally kidding when I said that about Matt. He is an incredible bowler for his age, and he will surely be back better than ever next year. He's been bowling for 7 years and he has improved over the course of every one of them. Scott has only been bowling for 3 years, so Matt probably has more knowledge of the game. Also, their averages are almost exactly the same!

I'd have to agree with SequatchieBowler about Soddy's new captain Scott Demirjian. Last season, he let his lack of a good mental game get the best of him for most of the season. He really turned it up during the district, regional, and sub state tournaments, which is where it matters most. Scott has been working mostly on that one aspect of his game that will help him a lot in the coming season. Matt Lyon had a few mental game problems as well to start off the season last year, but he too has worked on them. Look for Soddy Daisy, led by these two, as a top team this coming year.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd have to agree with SequatchieBowler about Soddy's new captain Scott Demirjian. Last season, he let his lack of a good mental game get the best of him for most of the season. He really turned it up during the district, regional, and sub state tournaments, which is where it matters most. Scott has been working mostly on that one aspect of his game that will help him a lot in the coming season. Matt Lyon had a few mental game problems as well to start off the season last year, but he too has worked on them. Look for Soddy Daisy, led by these two, as a top team this coming year.

Well I am going to get back on the topic here and pick Brandon Barnes and Aaron Davidson to battle it out. Both really bowl well in that house so I am going to put the Monkey on their backs lol...

Well I am going to get back on the topic here and pick Brandon Barnes and Aaron Davidson to battle it out. Both really bowl well in that house so I am going to put the Monkey on their backs lol...

your right. it will me a huge advantage for the smyrna boys and siegel guy that it is at smyrna....... home alley advantage?

• 2 weeks later...

I've observed some scores of Scott's and Matt's, and from what I can tell, Scott is the better bowler. He's been averaging about 230 per game lately, as where Matt is fortunate to break 600 in a series. Maybe Matt's just in a slump, but Scott is certainly on fire.

WOW!!! I'm really impressed. I think I am going to get Scott's autograph. (snicker)