2008 SP Pirates, are they storing up gun powder

OLD PIRATE

Ok this is what i know on David Jones so far.. and its from the Horse's mouth... alabama offered him running back... Mississippi says running back.. memphis says either way.... I asked him what do u wanna do david>? and i got a good answer only i dont think im going to tell it just yet!!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok this is what i know on David Jones so far.. and its from the Horse's mouth... alabama offered him running back... Mississippi says running back.. memphis says either way.... I asked him what do u wanna do david>? and i got a good answer only i dont think im going to tell it just yet!!!

This is That Horse's dad.Well you got some of that info a bit tangled.Bama hasn't offered ,but is very close to doing just that.Memphis has offered as a running back.Atfer former Auburn and NFL runner James Joseph(Memphis running back coach) evaluated.Mississippi State is in on him as a runinng back, the former MSU great Rocky Felker will visit.Tenn. is on him at this time.Louisville is on very much so.All of these teams are to be in camp this spring to see David.Add MTSU to that list,David Bibbee(formerly of UTC and Baylor) is very much into the process and will be visiting.

This is That Horse's dad.Well you got some of that info a bit tangled.Bama hasn't offered ,but is very close to doing just that.Memphis has offered as a running back.Atfer former Auburn and NFL runner James Joseph(Memphis running back coach) evaluated.Mississippi State is in on him as a runinng back, the former MSU great Rocky Felker will visit.Tenn. is on him at this time.Louisville is on very much so.All of these teams are to be in camp this spring to see David.Add MTSU to that list,David Bibbee(formerly of UTC and Baylor) is very much into the process and will be visiting.

Im glad to see everyone interested in David he has always treated me with respect. I know as well His grades will take him very far also..... i hope he stays healthy he will be a horse!!!

Im glad to see everyone interested in David he has always treated me with respect. I know as well His grades will take him very far also..... i hope he stays healthy he will be a horse!!!

Thanks Geno.I know David know's it's about more than just him.The coaches at the next level have spoken.Offers this spring are the goal. N J's Tana Patrick played with a separated shoulder half of last season.(ended up having surgery after the season).Came off the the field many times with a knocked down shoulder only to return and play at a high level.This is a plus not a minus as far as evaluating goes.Playing hurt is a part of this game. Offers come from knowing a player can play at a high level though hurt.Healthy seems to be that pimple on Ms. America's butt.All i can say is though with limited carries David's abilities have been been critiqued by those who offer full rides to some the best schools in the nation.Maybe some of this teams unsung heroes can benefit from this buzz and get opportunities to go to college free.Playing every play like it's your last can make all your dreams come true.When you have great ability.This is potential realized....This is for the ghosts of South Pittsburg's past.

Thanks Geno.I know David know's it's about more than just him.The coaches at the next level have spoken.Offers this spring are the goal. N J's Tana Patrick played with a separated shoulder half of last season.(ended up having surgery after the season).Came off the the field many times with a knocked down shoulder only to return and play at a high level.This is a plus not a minus as far as evaluating goes.Playing hurt is a part of this game. Offers come from knowing a player can play at a high level though hurt.Healthy seems to be that pimple on Ms. America's butt.All i can say is though with limited carries David's abilities have been been critiqued by those who offer full rides to some the best schools in the nation.Maybe some of this teams unsung heroes can benefit from this buzz and get opportunities to go to college free.Playing every play like it's your last can make all your dreams come true.When you have great ability.This is potential realized....This is for the ghosts of South Pittsburg's past.

I think Its a great thing for a young kid to be able to play sports and show teh Gift that God has given him... BUT when you have the Grades and the "Gift" its that much more special... congrats... and Leaving probably 100 feet David he sure must sleep alot lol you never see him much .. and thats a great thing in itself lol

Old Pirate wonders if bossbro has heard anything about Tana possably moving north. He would be a big hit to all of SP's up coming opponants.OP doubts very strongly he'll ever win a championship with NJ.It has been rumored for awhile about discontent with the NJ program.He'd sure be able to help, wow, David and Tana at linebacker, mercy me...and receiver questions would immediately be hushed.

Old Pirate wonders if bossbro has heard anything about Tana possably moving north. He would be a big hit to all of SP's up coming opponants.OP doubts very strongly he'll ever win a championship with NJ.It has been rumored for awhile about discontent with the NJ program.He'd sure be able to help, wow, David and Tana at linebacker, mercy me.Old Pirate wonders if bossbro has heard anything about Tana possably moving north. He would be a big hit to all of SP's up coming opponants.OP doubts very strongly he'll ever win a championship with NJ.It has been rumored for awhile about discontent with the NJ program.He'd sure be able to help, wow, David and Tana at linebacker, mercy me..and receiver questions would immediately be hushed.

I asked a few of the team the other day 2 of them said they have heard the same thing.. My neice is a freind of his so im on it lol

If I were in the recruiting business I would take him either way. Man he has great instincts. After watching him last year and watching the highlight Zone put together in my opinion he can play D1 as a rb. He has incredible vision which no one can coach. One thing that impressed me from his lb play is the angles he takes. He is a very smart player. Also, I have heard his character matches his athletic ability. Would like to wish David all the luck and hope he enjoys the recruiting process.

NJ just got a new coach an they are running the spread very similar to Rich Rodriguez's version an Tana is going to be the QB so all these moving rumors are false i have a inside source on the NJ program. The Pirates should do just fine without him they are definitely a front runner in my mind

NJ just got a new coach an they are running the spread very similar to Rich Rodriguez's version an Tana is going to be the QB so all these moving rumors are false i have a inside source on the NJ program. The Pirates should do just fine without him they are definitely a front runner in my mind

Old Pirate says the rumors must have been somewhat on target. Rumor is family was tired of Tana's lack of touches. Can't get more than the QB slot. OP says he'll have a bullseye on his chest.

Ive been kinda sick how is South Pittsburg looking so far? Ive seen them a couple times and I was Wow....Zone i know you hate telling alot, but i did see your post on another Thread.. Looks like you believe now..."the wing T post" how is that Line doing? are they as big as they looked to me?

The O line...4 starters + 1 back-up got their butts whipped by the 3 D line starters in team...long way to go. The D line is looking pretty good. We should be pretty good on defense