UMPIRE FEEDBACK NEEDED

FridayMainEvent

I've never seen a girl strong enough to do that. Also...he is taking a step back that increases his momentum.

Also...when did the rule change so high school pitchers could take a step back? I thought the rule was changed several years ago so you could not take a step back. Was it changed back?

High school girls have always been able to step back, as far as I can remember anyway. I think it is best not to depend on it, or use it at all as you cant do it in ASA ball. It is just a habit you have to break every June.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, it is very clear due to the angle of her back foot and the position of her arm she is taking a second push off from this point. Here I will give you a video of her going outside of the 24" lane on a screw ball. She is pitching against Peroni who plays for Tennessee ( used to play for Goodpasture)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEZa2r6mTL0

Great video. I watched that game, and thought she was outside the 24" limit several times on her screwball.

Also, on both 3-2 pitches, she crowhopped to get a little "extra" on her fastball.