West @ Catholic Thursday

knoxvegas19

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catholic will win this one, not by much though. Probably by 1 goal, 2-1 or 3-2. West is a very good team, but I think Catholic is more consistent and have been one of the best teams I've seen play this year. They were very good in the Bearden tournament, and I think they have gotten better since then.

It would be nice if we could see Catholic and Farragut play. What a good game this would be. 2 of the top teams in each of their classifications. Catholic wins... 2-1

Just remembered that West is at CAK also this week, that is a couple tough games. Not sure if that will make any difference, everyone is very fit by now, but just the emotional toll of playing two great teams back to back. just a thought.

G, hope to catch you guys on monday night. Good Luck.

Do I get to use the same VIP entrance as Reaction???? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Couple of thoughts:

-Catholic has Webb on Tuesday. Webb seems slightly down by their scores (I haven't seen them play this year), but it's still a rivalry game that has to be handled before West

-I don't see either team winning by more than 1. Catholic is 8-1 in 1 goal games. West is 1-3. Will that hold up?

Predictions of the game?

Should be a good game. West should win if they bring their best stuff, but it will require team play. McCoy must look for the pass if he is cut off. Not go for long distance shots. Kat should drive one instead of always passing. Joey is good. It will take some unexpected moves by West to catch him off guard. I say West 3-2.

Having seen both of these teams play several times this season, I think they are very evenly matched--especially in the midfield. This one could go either way. I would guess it will be close.

They've had four common opponents with very similar results. Both teams beat Morristown West, Bearden and CAK. West lost by 1 to Baylor and Catholic beat Baylor by 1. Not much difference there.

Both teams should use this match to get ready for their tournament games next week. I think Catholic, in particular, is playing too slowly and sloppily. The Irish need to increase their intensity, speed of play and precision to maximize their tournament chances. West will give them exactly the type of challenge they need at this point of the season.

Good luck to both teams, but better luck to the Irish! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />