Brentwood vs. Independence

multisport12

Sadly to say Brentwood won 5-0 (good shots) Indy didnt pressure the ball and lost complete focus on the goal. they stopped talking and they let brentwoods smack talk get to them. They allowed to much possession and movemetn to happen in the middle of the field.

That being said the sportsmanship from the players on the brentwood team was atrocious. The bench singing ohhing and ahhing taunting players and fans and then not even shaking hands cough cough Bradly jacobs was uncalled for.

Good game to both sides but we need to work on this stuff.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> I was at the game and I remember one time during the second half Bradley Jacobs was ripped down by the neck of his jersey; by I think number 20 of Independence. That is a cheap move and he only got a yellow card for it. That may explain why Mr. Jacobs did not shake hands because there was no one between him and scoring until he was flagrantly fouled. I could definately here independence crowd was talking to the players and oohing and ahhing whenever Independence did something right; and it seemed like the brentwood bench was just trying to counter that. I wish I could have seen the Independence team that we saw during our game against them.

-GO REBELS- /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am shocked Brentwood won by this much. Haven't you noticed it is a common theme with #12 of Brentwood talking trash in all of the district games. He is an excellent player, but enough already.

I don't think it's fair to point Brad out for trash talking. About 98% of high school players do it, and Bradley is one of the few who can actually back it up.

If everyone on the sidelines could hear everything that was said on the field between the players and the refs then they would be appalled

I don't think it's fair to point Brad out for trash talking. About 98% of high school players do it, and Bradley is one of the few who can actually back it up.

If everyone on the sidelines could hear everything that was said on the field between the players and the refs then they would be appalled

He is an awesome player. As a matter of fact, I would vote him player of the year in 11AAA.

Trash talking is fine on the field. I just don't get the talking with the crowd or running over to the crowd. Who honestly cares what the crowd thinks?

But one point to make is that if you are a good player and everyone knows it just let your feet do the talking and be the bigger man on the field. Even if the crowd or whoever is talking trash to you or about you. Just look them smile and beat them horribly on the next ball. Then at the end of the game noone will have anything to say to you besides that is a good classy player. And I know that is the image I want to portray as a player.

does he "back up" yelling obscenities at the other team's fans once he's safely on the brentwood school bus?

Wow, guys, just let all of this go. The game is over and Brentwood won it, whether or not they showed poor sportsmanship. This I know, both teams will most likely meet again soon so settle it on the field...Independence should use all of this, coupled with the 5-0 loss, as motivation to play better next game.