St Benedict Lady Eagles beat Trinity Christian upset?

BARTLETTHSGRAD04

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

St Benedict of Memphis beats Trinity Christian 4-0 tonight at St benedict was it a upset? Kristen Sturdivant pitched for St benedict and got the win her record goes to 10-7 on the year . Any info on the game thanks.

First of all I dont think this win was an upset. I would have picked St Benedict to win. After all they had just come off wins against Father Ryan 7-0, Forrest 8-0, and Greenbriar 7-0. Those are good teams. Trinity seems to lose against good teams. They lost to Riverdale 6-0, Beech 5-2, and Creekwood 2-1, and Goodpasture. Trinity wins a lot but look who they are playing against when they win.

Trinity's defense was not very sharp last night. They committed five errors and St. Benedict capitalized on those mistakes. Sturdivant pitched a great game, kept Trinity off balance all night. SBA defense was solid.

I like St Benedicts coach, She really knows what she is doing. She is a good skills teacher and she is a good strategy coach. Teams like that get better.

That is such an ignorant statement. Trinity has played some of the best teams out there and done very well. I'd venture to say that Riverdale with CAT would have beaten most teams. The Goodpasture game went into two or three overtimes with Devon pitching. The one thing that has plagued them the most is errors this year, which is what happens when you have to adjust people around due to injuries. They've lost, but I think they are more than capable of holding their own against some of the best teams. They beat N. Little Rock, AR who turned around and beat Mt. Juliet the next game with the same pitcher pitching. If the two Middle TN tournaments they went to had not gotten rained out, I'm sure they would have had many more chances to play "quality" teams, cause we all know West Tenn and Kentucky have NO good teams, right?(sarcasm). I'd be willing to bet that most coaches of the top teams out there would disagree with you.

Regarding the St. Benedict game, they were just more inspired I guess. There were some errors on TCA that don't usually happen, but you have to make those plays. Once they can get everybody healthy and in their groove, I don't think anybody would be glad to face them.

I like St Benedicts coach, She really knows what she is doing. She is a good skills teacher and she is a good strategy coach. Teams like that get better.

I was also very impressed with their coach this weekend. She really seemed to know what she was doing and it reflected in her team. They are fundamentally sound at the plate and in the field.

After watching TCA play Huntingdon at the beginning of the year, and all the things I hear, I would never say TCA isnt a very good softball team. They are very very good. I believe they are among the top teams in West TN. I will say this much. Hunting went to St. Benedict on Thursday of last week, and beat them 2-0 and 6-3. Both were varsity games and were well played from everything i have gathered from coaches and fans..Should make for a good single A matchup down the road for TCA and Huntingdon again. People should realize that we play softball in west tn also..Its not just a middle TN sport....TCA can play!! So can Huntingdon Covington..and st. Benedict. also...among some of the teams...

After watching TCA play Huntingdon at the beginning of the year, and all the things I hear, I would never say TCA isnt a very good softball team. They are very very good. I believe they are among the top teams in West TN. I will say this much. Hunting went to St. Benedict on Thursday of last week, and beat them 2-0 and 6-3. Both were varsity games and were well played from everything i have gathered from coaches and fans..Should make for a good single A matchup down the road for TCA and Huntingdon again. People should realize that we play softball in west tn also..Its not just a middle TN sport....TCA can play!! So can Huntingdon Covington..and st. Benedict. also...among some of the teams...

I don't recall anyone saying anything negative about West Tennessee softball on here. Perhaps I missed it. About all I can deduct from most West Tennessee softball coversation is that many of them have a huge chip on their shoulder much like you.

Implying that TCA gets wins but doesn't "play" anyone "good" is a slam on West Tenn softball, since most of their games are played in West Tenn. If you can't comprehend that then so be it. No chip on my shoulder, teams like Camden, TCA, Covington, and Huntingdon have proven they belong.

I don't recall anyone saying anything negative about West Tennessee softball on here. Perhaps I missed it. About all I can deduct from most West Tennessee softball coversation is that many of them have a huge chip on their shoulder much like you.

Very few West Tennessee teams travel east. They build up gaudy records and demand respect. There is only one place to earn respect......on the field. IMO TCA is one of the teams out of the west that will travel.

Implying that TCA gets wins but doesn't "play" anyone "good" is a slam on West Tenn softball, since most of their games are played in West Tenn. If you can't comprehend that then so be it. No chip on my shoulder, teams like Camden, TCA, Covington, and Huntingdon have proven they belong.

It's not just softball, it was the same way during football season. If I heard the "we don't get any respect" line once, I heard it 1000 times. That is basically the same thing he was saying. ( Nobody has any respect for West Tennesse softball.) Just because one person makes a statement that may be perceived that way doesn't mean everyone feels that way.

I understand that, but I believe he was replying to that poster in particular. It's not just the one person though, Mr.Noitall, one of your pals on here, even said Columbia Academy was going to West Tenn tournaments to run up their record. The people, who know what they're talking about, know that there are good teams in West Tenn. Have we lagged behind in the past? Yes, but the talent level and amount of girls playing travel is increasing greatly. The truth is, especially here recently, if you're name wasn't Goodpasture, Soddy, Beech, or Trinity the last couple of years, then you ended your season with a loss.

Also regarding the West Tenn teams not traveling to Midd Tenn Tournaments, I know Huntingdon and Lexington were scheduled to play in Hendersonville but all their games were rained out. A few teams went to the MTSCA tournament this year; some more teams went to the Tom Corbitt in Waverly. Obion Co. even went to the Bob Jones in Alabama. It's hard for them to make it to Soddy and Ooltewah because of the distance and cost. Camden went to the Brentwood tournament. So teams are traveling, but it's usually the better teams that are going.