Marshall County Babe Ruth

Guest sportslover

Guest sportslover

Just wanted to say congratulations to the Marshall County Dusters (16-18's) and the Marshall County Storm (15's)for winning the Babe Ruth State Championship in their Divisions.

Just watching The Storm was unbelievable. It took 5/12 hrs and 19 innings against a very good team from Franklin County to claim the State Championship title.

The first game lasted 12 innings with Franklin County winning 2-1.

The second game went 7 innings with Marshall County winning 4-0.

Good Luck to each team in the Southeast Regionals.

[Edited by rocketfanx3 on 7/17/02 11:24A]

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sportslover

They did not play against twitty city. MC hosted a tournament a couple of weeks ago and I pretty sure the Hawks were invited and then backed out.

Franklin County should be very proud of their team, they are an excellent team.

i think it is funny that marshall co won both state tourneys on their home turf. if it is as bad as the hs season, the umpires don't geive the other team any calls and marshall's fans are a bunch of hooligans that hoot and hollar the whole game and the ump says nothing about it. so i will be impressed when they win away from lewisburg.

Does anyone use the catchers box anymore? F.C. got put in the loser's bracket on a blown squeeze play. Catcher was clearly out of box area, but no box was ever drawn. Great Defense for the squeeze play, but should have been called a BALK. Arguement happened, but no one even put the box in for the rest of the tournament.MC won this game 2-1.

The tournament got off to a bad start. For 1 the host team provided no host families for our team and second we had recieved a bye for the first round but South Carolina,the defending southeast region champions, dropped out forcing us to play an early game.We (marshall county storm) were put out in two games.The first time this has happened in the three years the team has been together. The first game faced us aginst Columbus,Ga. We jumped out to a big lead in the second scoring 6 runs.We held then until the fourth we we fell apart giving up six runs.After that we just could not seem to get the bats going and continued making errors on defence.The final ending up to be 13 to 6. The secound game faced us aginst eastern north carolina.We controlled most of the game going into the top of the seventh up 5-4, when we gave up 7 runs, most coming off errors.

Guest coachrita3

Referring to the 15 year old state tournament, none of the umpires were from Marshall county. They were from different areas of the state so using the umps as an excuse is a cop out! And also there was an opposing coach behind the plate on that squeeze play and he declared that it was a good call that the catcher was about 6 inches away from line. Marshall County played an awesome tournament and deserved to win but also FC played awesome also! They have nothing to hang their heads about. I think congratulations are in order for both teams!!!