BEECH'S RUDE STUDENTS

denmaster

First off I would like to start by saying hats off to Beech's baseball team for having a great season and good luck in the district 9AAA championship. Now that I have got that out of the way, Ive been to several high school sporting events in my time and what I saw last night was the most classless thing Ive ever seen. In leftfield they have a aprox.25 ft tall chain link fence that students sit behind and watch the game while sitting in the bed of there trucks, I like the idea I really do its different and and makes for a neat high school atmosphere if the kids wana honk thier horns or rev up thier engines when a fellow classmate of their hits a dinger or makes a great play Hey! I'm all for that thats cool but please stop it there. What was happening last night was disturbing they were yelling obseen remarks to the outfielder calling him names threatening him telling him "see you after the game" I mean when does it stop? Finally our Centerfielder goes over there then Coach Williams comes out now the people from Beech instead of admitting that the kids are wrong want to say and I quote "tell your outfielder to pay attention to the game and not the kids outside the fence" or " coach dont complain because your team is not any good" How about this get the kids off the hilll they were wrong stop ignoring it this is a disgrace to high school athletics. I'll tell you this right now you guys have a great team with a chance to go far but I believe there is a way to act when you win and way to act when you lose Guess What Beech fans there is not much difference in either one of them take it from a team thats knows how it feels to be put out early in the district tournement and a team that has won a state championship.

at the Lenoir City/Sevier County game last week in the 4aaa tournament there were about 7 kids atop Farragut's wall for Lenoir banging on the top of the wall and yelling stuff at our pitcher and coaches, along with yelling some pretty bad stuff at our outfielders. Coach had to scream as loud as he could to get the attention of our outfielders to shift according to the batter. Farragut has that hollow wall that echoes when a ball is hit off of it, so imagine all these kids banging on it as hard and as fast as they could..just annoying. LC is a good bunch of guys and dont need people like that doing that kind of stuff.

First off I would like to start by saying hats off to Beech's baseball team for having a great season and good luck in the district 9AAA championship. Now that I have got that out of the way, Ive been to several high school sporting events in my time and what I saw last night was the most classless thing Ive ever seen. In leftfield they have a aprox.25 ft tall chain link fence that students sit behind and watch the game while sitting in the bed of there trucks, I like the idea I really do its different and and makes for a neat high school atmosphere if the kids wana honk thier horns or rev up thier engines when a fellow classmate of their hits a dinger or makes a great play Hey! I'm all for that thats cool but please stop it there. What was happening last night was disturbing they were yelling obseen remarks to the outfielder calling him names threatening him telling him "see you after the game" I mean when does it stop? Finally our Centerfielder goes over there then Coach Williams comes out now the people from Beech instead of admitting that the kids are wrong want to say and I quote "tell your outfielder to pay attention to the game and not the kids outside the fence" or " coach dont complain because your team is not any good" How about this get the kids off the hilll they were wrong stop ignoring it this is a disgrace to high school athletics. I'll tell you this right now you guys have a great team with a chance to go far but I believe there is a way to act when you win and way to act when you lose Guess What Beech fans there is not much difference in either one of them take it from a team thats knows how it feels to be put out early in the district tournement and a team that has won a state championship.

I got to make this game last night to witness this myself. I thought it was a good game on both sides. Great season for both teams.

Let me just ask a couple of questions here. First, in all of my years watching high school baseball, I have never seen a coach come out of the dugout over pretty much every call made and perform with such drama as LaVergne's. Why wasn't he coaching first base instead of a kid? Could it be he's been thrown out of the game before because of such antics? Also, why did the homeplate umpire have to call time and go inside the dugout to talk to this coach? I understand he's a great guy, but it sure didn't look like it from the stands. I didn't witness everyone playing nice either. I overheard one kid from the same dugout hollering such smut that I'd be ashame to kiss my own mother with that mouth. I'm all about kids and adults behaving respectfully so that everyone can enjoy the game. Both sides needed to control the situation, not just one. Good luck to both teams next year.

Didn't really have a favorite for this one until I witnessed the crap from the Beech peanut gallery. Been thinkin' 'bout the entire fan vs fanatic thing ever since.

Here's some thoughts (and not just for Beech ppl)

Uh, they're kids out there. And you're like what, 40-45?

Sad to think that the maturity level of the fans has gone WAY below that of the players (who are 1/2 to 1/3 your age).

And to the drunk guy in left field,

Dude, AA is free...and I'm not talking about divisions here.

Good luck to everyone else!!!!

Didn't really have a favorite for this one until I witnessed the crap from the Beech peanut gallery. Been thinkin' 'bout the entire fan vs fanatic thing ever since.

Here's some thoughts (and not just for Beech ppl)

Uh, they're kids out there. And you're like what, 40-45?

Sad to think that the maturity level of the fans has gone WAY below that of the players (who are 1/2 to 1/3 your age).

And to the drunk guy in left field,

Dude, AA is free...and I'm not talking about divisions here.

Good luck to everyone else!!!!

To the woman sitting in the lawn chair in the back of the pick up; knock the ashes from your cigarette before you speak, unroll your canary yellow double knit pants to below your knee, wear something besides a tank top for no one likes the sight of your tattoos. You may not be setting a good example for the young lady sitting next to you in the naugahyde skirt, tube top, and stiletto heals. To the caveman sitting in the back; fire is good, yes, we know that already.

this is typical beech. RED...NECK